Cash cues vs Ca$h Cues = "cash" vs "$" which is which?

mrjobe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't really decide where to ask this, so I'm putting it here. feel free to move it.

I have a chance to buy a really nice cue.

Its advertised as a "cash" cue.

It has "cash" spelt out sideways for the logo.

In researching them, I get more info on "ca$h" cues with a "$" logo.

Can any of you shed some light on the differences? And if the "CASH" cue is a decent build.

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I remember correctly, Ca$h cues were made by the people who bought Bill McDaniel's shop. He also sold pieces of wood from that inventory. I bought a very nice piece of birdseye maple and 4 (2 birdseye, 2 plain) shafts from him. Steve Klapp made a beautiful cue out of the wood. Both guys went down in flames later on, but I was fortunate.
Edit: The new owners called their cues World Class Custom Cues. They made beautiful cues.

mrjobe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess my question wasn't entirely clear.

IIRC, "CA$H" cues are marked with "$" correct? Those are generally fine cues.

Did they also use "CASH" written on the butt cap?

If not, what are "cash" cues and are they any level of quality?

There isn't really a lot out there on either cue. I did see the "$" was a couple guys from Bill McDaniel's shop and some shady things happened. bad business doesn't mean bad cues though.

My questions come from my intent to buy a cue marked "cash", pics look nice but its a drive to see in person.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
i think it would be a Dennis Cash cue, not a Tommy Ca$h cue

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
definitely sounds like a Dennis Cash cue, here are pics of ones that Davor owns, you can see the logo in his pics

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2 I have are out of Bills old shop. They are amazing cues for what I paid. I never had any bad dealings with them, unlike some other “active” very well know names which I’m pondering going public with(that’s gonna be nasty) hopefully those 2 guys wisen up…..

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
The 2 I have are out of Bills old shop. They are amazing cues for what I paid. I never had any bad dealings with them, unlike some other “active” very well know names which I’m pondering going public with(that’s gonna be nasty) hopefully those 2 guys wisen up…..
This is kind of how I have always felt about it. If it is worth bringing up, then it is worth mentioning names. If it is not worth mentioning names, then it is not worth bringing up.

On a side note, I know that people will often mention a bad deal with a cue maker, without mentioning the name of the cue maker involved, in the hopes that the threat of exposure motivates the cue maker to give them a satisfactory resolution. Or they fear that if they reveal the cue maker's name, the cue maker might out of spite just decide to never make things right. I get it, I really do, and it makes it tough.

It has always struck me as kind of sh!tty though to use people to help you get something but then not be willing to give them the information (the cue maker's name) that would have helped them to avoid ending up in the exact same (or similar) situation themselves. It's like "I'm going to use you to help me get something, but I'm not going to do anything to help you in return, you're on your own buddy, good luck and I hope you don't accidentally run into this guy--cross your fingers...".

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is kind of how I have always felt about it. If it is worth bringing up, then it is worth mentioning names. If it is not worth mentioning names, then it is not worth bringing up.

On a side note, I know that people will often mention a bad deal with a cue maker, without mentioning the name of the cue maker involved, in the hopes that the threat of exposure motivates the cue maker to give them a satisfactory resolution. Or they fear that if they reveal the cue maker's name, the cue maker might out of spite just decide to never make things right. I get it, I really do, and it makes it tough.

It has always struck me as kind of sh!tty though to use people to help you get something but then not be willing to give them the information (the cue maker's name) that would have helped them to avoid ending up in the exact same (or similar) situation themselves. It's like "I'm going to use you to help me get something, but I'm not going to do anything to help you in return, you're on your own buddy, good luck and I hope you don't accidentally run into this guy--cross your fingers...".
I haven’t mentioned names yet because when I do the shit WILL hit the fan. I’m going to be sure that. I’m a little well known in the cue world and pool. I’m generally a peaceful person who gets along with everyone(I do my best).

I will caution everyone with this:

NEVER PUT A DOWN PAYMENT ON A CUE WITH ANY CUE MAKER EVER ZERO EXCEPTIONS.

I broke my own rule and paid one and $1000 with another one. And they know who they are. Let’s hope they are smart.

If you don’t put down a deposit-ya can’t get hurt. I didn’t follow my advice. So it’s on me. For now I’m keeping it cool. However that will change when the time is right.

I just don’t believe in making everything public these days like most people do. I do my biz in private and like to keep it there. Loudmouth’s online get zero respect from me.

I hope that address’s your “side note”

Best
Fatboy😀

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I haven’t mentioned names yet because when I do the shit WILL hit the fan. I’m going to be sure that.....For now I’m keeping it cool. However that will change when the time is right.
You said but when I do. So are you saying that you are committed to telling us who it is no matter what at some point shortly regardless of what ultimately happens? Because that is what your wording certainly implies.

Or is what you really mean is that you are just using us to try to get what you want, and if it works and you get what you want then tough luck for us we are on our own and you aren't telling, but if it doesn't work and get you what you want then you will go ahead and give names at that point, not out of desire to help the forum members in return, but only because then you will be seeking to harm the cue maker out of spite?
I just don’t believe in making everything public these days like most people do. I do my biz in private and like to keep it there.
Obviously not because here you are bringing it up. Why is that?

That aside, it isn't like you are sharing personal information like that he has been cheating on his wife of something. People should be reporting about how businessmen with public businesses conduct said business, good or bad, as long as it is the truth.
I hope that address’s your “side note”
Not really. But what it makes more clear is that you are in fact one of those people that wants to use us to try to get something you want, but in return don't want to help us to avoid being in the same position of dealing with someone that could be a problem when you are in the position to easily do that. I totally get the temptation to do that, I really do, but it still has a sh!tty component to it, let's just be honest.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said but when I do. So are you saying that you are committed to telling us who it is no matter what at some point shortly regardless of what ultimately happens? Because that is what your wording certainly implies.

Or is what you really mean is that you are just using us to try to get what you want, and if it works and you get what you want then tough luck for us we are on our own and you aren't telling, but if it doesn't work and get you what you want then you will go ahead and give names at that point, not out of desire to help the forum members in return, but only because then you will be seeking to harm the cue maker out of spite?

Obviously not because here you are bringing it up. Why is that?

That aside, it isn't like you are sharing personal information like that he has been cheating on his wife of something. People should be reporting about how businessmen with public businesses conduct said business, good or bad, as long as it is the truth.

Not really. But what it makes more clear is that you are in fact one of those people that wants to use us to try to get something you want, but in return don't want to help us to avoid being in the same position of dealing with someone that could be a problem when you are in the position to easily do that. I totally get the temptation to do that, I really do, but it still has a sh!tty component to it, let's just be honest.
I don’t put biz in the street until I decide when to do that IF at all.

You have zero skin in this game, I owe you nothing. You owe me nothing.

next
Fatboy

PS: I didn’t read your whole post-I’m too lazy

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I don’t put biz in the street until I decide when to do that IF at all.

You have zero skin in this game, I owe you nothing. You owe me nothing.
Like I said, if it ain't worth mentioning names, then it ain't worth mentioning.
PS: I didn’t read your whole post-I’m too lazy
Sure you didn't. Good excuse to avoid having to address the points.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know I’ve made millions doing biz my way.

Im not changing how I do biz for anyone for any reason.

the 2 guys are officially on notice. As of now.

They will be referred to this, and if they are smart (which I fully expect) everything will be settled privately. Which is a gentleman’s way of conducting biz.

Feeding drama to the general public isn’t my biz. If I ever get into the drama biz, amd am selling drama. Then you can be sure I’ll do that.

I’m old school, settle things in public is social
Media kid shit, go bother someone else. You got zero shot with me. You will get out moved 9 days a week.

I’m done until I’m not

Fatboy

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know I’ve made millions doing biz my way.

Im not changing how I do biz for anyone for any reason.

the 2 guys are officially on notice. As of now.

They will be referred to this, and if they are smart (which I fully expect) everything will be settled privately. Which is a gentleman’s way of conducting biz.

Feeding drama to the general public isn’t my biz. If I ever get into the drama biz, amd am selling drama. Then you can be sure I’ll do that.

I’m old school, settle things in public is social
Media kid shit, go bother someone else. You got zero shot with me. You will get out moved 9 days a week.

I’m done until I’m not

Fatboy
You come to Hawaii and hit with one of my Jackpots and you’ll forget about all those other cues you have. :)