Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who said anything about stars? Yelp and Google have stars but the bulk of the content is the verbal review. You seem to think negative reviews would be good for a restaurant, for example, simply because it generates buzz. I think you are confusing celebrities with businesses. The idea that there is no such thing as negative PUBLICITY has more to do with Hollywood starlets trying to gain name recognition. If Brad and Angelina are splitting up that gets their name in the paper. That's a far cry from saying that debating the legitimacy of an aiming system is good for that system.
Except on those sites it isn't the same 2 or 3 people posting over and over the same thing.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
The CTE guys said when the book comes out they are leaving AZ and migrating to facebook. For a long time (before the book came out) they actually did do that and this forum went pretty much dormant. They came back to announce the availability of the book and then they never left. Personally, I see nothing wrong with "arguing" about CTE as long as it is fact based. If that turns you off then just don't read the thread. If you want to learn CTE just watch the videos and buy the book as they keep saying. Don't try to learn it in an AZ forum. BTW, if you still haven't learned it after all this time doesn't that tell you something?
I did go dormant for over a year? and came back for the book, as I knew there would be questions. That said, Stan just created an official facebook page, and I will likely be going dormant here again.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did go dormant for over a year? and came back for the book, as I knew there would be questions. That said, Stan just created an official facebook page, and I will likely be going dormant here again.
If Stan doesn't want to be challenged then a private facebook page is probably for the best -- like youtube videos with comments turned off. That will make Larry bbb happy, at least. ;)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Stan doesn't want to be challenged then a private facebook page is probably for the best -- like youtube videos with comments turned off. That will make Larry bbb happy, at least. ;)
you know dan its got nothing to do with the challenges
they have been stated and answered
to noones satisfaction for years
so for those that want to discuss/debate /debunk/whatever
start a debate/discuss/debunk thread
thats all i am saying
let the people who believe in cte and/or want to learn/understand it
interact with like minded people without every thread getting sidetracked for the same reasons by the same people
i cant speak for stan
but why would he want to allow you guys over to facebook and have to argue both here on azb and facebook????
since you guys think cte is subjective and based somewhat on faith
i will use this analogy
would you walk into a church/synagogue/mosque and tell the people they were worshiping the wrong guy?
i assume (icbw)
probably not
you might hand out leaflets outside to "save" them and steer them to worship the "right guy" and who the "right "savior is
could be a bad analogy but you are smart enough to get the gist of what i am trying to say

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you know dan its got nothing to do with the challenges
they have been stated and answered
to noones satisfaction for years
so for those that want to discuss/debate /debunk/whatever
start a debate/discuss/debunk thread
thats all i am saying
let the people who believe in cte and/or want to learn/understand it
interact with like minded people without every thread getting sidetracked for the same reasons by the same people
i cant speak for stan
but why would he want to allow you guys over to facebook and have to argue both here on azb and facebook????
since you guys think cte is subjective and based somewhat on faith
i will use this analogy
would you walk into a church/synagogue/mosque and tell the people they were worshiping the wrong guy?
i assume (icbw)
probably not
you might hand out leaflets outside to "save" them and steer them to worship the "right guy" and who the "right "savior is
could be a bad analogy but you are smart enough to get the gist of what i am trying to say
I know exactly what you are saying but I don't see it quite that way. AZ is not the only outlet where CTE can be discussed. It is one of very many including other billiards forums, facebook, Stan's website, youtube, Stan's book and I'm sure others. I have ZERO interest in going to those other sites and debunking CTE. I frequent this particular forum and some of us call it like we see it. If that ruffles feathers then take it to Mike, which has been done. This is the reason none of us start our own threads debunking it. It is most likely to prompt a ban. Individual posts here and there seem to be tolerated by Mike, though.

The CTE guys have free reign over 99% of media to do and say what they want about CTE. Forgive me if I believe one obscure forum far down on the forum list on one website happens to allow a dissenting view.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
It's not about being challenged. It's akin to entering a flat earth forum for debate, there is little to no value to doing it, debating the same handful on knockers. Anyways, enjoy your banter amongst yourselves, I hope you feel accomplished ;) This might be my last post here for a long time.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I know exactly what you are saying but I don't see it quite that way. AZ is not the only outlet where CTE can be discussed. It is one of very many including other billiards forums, facebook, Stan's website, youtube, Stan's book and I'm sure others. I have ZERO interest in going to those other sites and debunking CTE. I frequent this particular forum and some of us call it like we see it. If that ruffles feathers then take it to Mike, which has been done. This is the reason none of us start our own threads debunking it. It is most likely to prompt a ban. Individual posts here and there seem to be tolerated by Mike, though.

The CTE guys have free reign over 99% of media to do and say what they want about CTE. Forgive me if I believe one obscure forum far down on the forum list on one website happens to allow a dissenting view.
Last time I saw a discussion at FB, they were making fun it .
The heading was " WTF Is This ? ".
And I ain't lying .

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

i did not think of that dan
duly noted

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not about being challenged. It's akin to entering a flat earth forum for debate, there is little to no value to doing it, debating the same handful on knockers. Anyways, enjoy your banter amongst yourselves, I hope you feel accomplished ;) This might be my last post here for a long time.
When you call disbelievers in the Church of CTE, as Stan called it, "flat earthers" are you referring to Bob Jewett, Dr. Dave, a handful of others degreed in the physical sciences and engineering, or are you referring to someone else?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Pfft.
All air dood. I have questions about the ITEM ON SALE none of you can address. The burden of proof is ON YOU.

Besides, what's this dumb jock obsession you have about having to do what Stan does? Shoont like YOU put up some demo?
Dogging it for real cash doesn't count. If CTE is perfect, you must be faking it. (???)
Why? As has been stated by every instructor who teaches objective aiming methods the aiming is one part of the required skills. So it stands to reason that a 600 speed player is UNLIKELY to have all the rest of the skills down EVEN IF they have mastered the aiming part.

What questions about the item on sale do you have that have not been answered? First the ITEM on sale is a book. That book contains all of the information that an average person of average intelligence would need to learn the Center to Edge method of aiming. But you don't need to buy the book. The author has put up a series of companion videos that explain the information in the book and there is enough there to learn the method for no monetary cost.

The proof is on the table. The author says clearly and unambiguously
I only currently have one of them, I resold the other one here cheap years ago. So from a financial standpoint they weren't a 100% loss but they were a complete waste of my time.

I tried giving DVD2 to one of my pool sparring partners and he got a restraining order.

On an unrelated subject can you build me this camo pattern case in a 4x8?

img_9039.jpg
I have looked for an email that is related to you and have not found one. Perhaps you can forward it again to jb@jbcases.com or pm me your email address so that I can find it? Building cases I can do for sure. Most patterns we can do as well.
that he does not want you to purchase the book without being convinced of the value of the information within. If what he has presented is not enough to do that then don't buy the book.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
When you call disbelievers in the Church of CTE, as Stan called it, "flat earthers" are you referring to Bob Jewett, Dr. Dave, a handful of others degreed in the physical sciences and engineering, or are you referring to someone else?
There is no Church of CTE and this is exactly the type of mocking that causes the arguments.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I know this is correct because I have played long enough to demonstrate it. When I am warmed up and playing well I don't miss really at all, much less due to aiming wrong.

Of course there are "objective reference points" like a half ball hit. It's just that they cannot all be as such. The only shot I had to hit a few times to dial in was the third shot. The other two were ducks and I made the video in one take. Not bad for a guy who had NEVER hit a blind shot ever before.

You are putting words in my mouth. The concept of my video was simple. Let me spell it out again: To newby players, be aware that the ability to pocket balls blind is not some magic trick that can only be accomplished with CTE and it is not proof that all shots are objective.

No you haven't demonstrated "it". You have demonstrated two shots on a setup that surely took you longer to build than to make the two shots. Stan got up there and threw out balls and pocketed them all as a proof of concept. in order for you to prove that you (or anyone else) can do it you need to duplicate the performance. Yours is akin to running ONE YARD of a 100 yard dash and claiming that anyone can run as fast as the top runners with enough track time.

No one who teaches or uses CTE has stated that pocketing balls without seeing the target pockets IS a magic trick. Your claim to be "protecting newbies" is ludicrous.

Show me a makeable shot directly to a pocket that is not consistently solvable through the use of Center to Edge aiming. IF you come up with one or a few then those shots will be in the teeny minority of shots a player might face. The vast majority, nearly all IMO, of shots which go directly to a pocket or which are bankable to a pocket are solvable through using the OBJECTIVE Center to Edge method of aiming.

The fact that you THINK after all of this that a half-ball HIT is a reference point for aiming in the CTE method is indicative of why you grossly misunderstand and continuously mischaracterize the system that you criticize.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Having watched the entirety of the Schmidt 626 thread, I don't believe there will be any bans under the current moderation standards. (That's not to encourage anyone to act like certain posters in that thread act. This is predictable, but civil compared to that trainwreck.) I was shocked to see a post regarding "bashing" at the beginning of this thread, we see how that has been administered throughout the remainder of this thread.

No dog in the fight, just an observer of this saga for 12 or 13 years now...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You can't have it both ways. You can't say on one hand that every perception sends the ob to a different pocket and then on the other hand say you can't make bank shots with CTE without knowledge of speed and spin. What does "CTE gives a shot line" mean? Either it sends the ball to the pocket or it doesn't.

Yes you can. Do you even understand the dynamics of banking? Unlike shooting directly to a pocket there are other factors that come into play. CTE can bring you to the "perfect world" shot line but your "pool sense" of how to deal with those factors is what guides you from there to either decide that the perfect shot line works or to make CONSCIOUS deliberate micro adjustments based on those factors. It's not a difficult concept to understand as thousands around the world already do.

CTE gives a shot line means exactly what I said. Proper application gives a shot line that is CONSISTENTLY correct.

You don't seem to follow what I am saying. You go a bridge too far.

Don't I? I think I understand you quite well.

I think that statement is what I have been asking for in the video. It is called full disclosure so that the viewer can make a more informed conclusion about what they are seeing. Stan is basically presenting scientific evidence. This kind of disclosure is a bare minimum requirement for that sort of thing.

Stan did no such thing. He claimed that using the method he teaches results in him being able to pocket balls without seeing the target pocket. He clearly showed that he can pocket balls without the pocket being in view. So what's left is whether you believe that he is using the method as claimed or at all. You clearly do not believe that he is using it as claimed. And you clearly believe that your two-shot video is proof that you can perform shots without the target pocket being visible IS proof that anyone can achieve the same results with just playing long enough. Yet, you outed yourself in the video by admitting that it took some trial and error to FIND the objective aiming from a fixed position to pocket a single shot.

This nonsense about disclaimers and "protecting the consumer" is exactly that. I protect consumers by buying competing cases and dissecting them to see how they are built and when I find practices that are NOT protective I show the world OBJECTIVELY and have the proof available to anyone who wants to inspect the case. That way they can check my words and verify that I am telling the truth.

If you have ANY player on earth who wants to go bank for bank against Stan with a curtain blocking the rails I am down to back Stan. I personally believe that the proof is ON THE TABLE. That's what draws us to the CTE method. We see what happens when we use it and are extremely happy with those results.

Forgive me, but the fact that you don't seem to be able to demonstrate the banks with CTE after decades of promoting it speaks volumes. In fact, nobody but world class banker Stan has demonstrated it. If banking with CTE requires such a level of adjustment in speed and/or spin that only a world class banker can do it then what good is it for banking?
You're forgiven. Banking with ANY method requires knowledge of speed and spin and WHEN the use of such is required. I could set up the projection system that lays down the line like Virtual Pool and you wouldn't be able to make a lot of the bank shots shown without knowing the speed and spin adjustments needed off those "perfect world" lines.

And actually this would be a great way to test CTE. I am willing to bet SUPER HIGH that most proficient CTE users could get to the "perfect world" shot line for banks at ball address. And similarly I am willing to bet that most average players such as myself would have a lot of mistakes in judgement trying to get to the bank shot line on feel alone. It's funny that you don't complain about Dr. Dave's instructions on how to find the aiming for banks nor complain about his disclaimers that the shot can be altered due to conditions and that the shooter needs to be aware of how to adjust for conditions.

It doesn't matter if no other CTE user has duplicated Stan's videos. They are students of the method and they are not as invested in teaching it as Stan is. Furthermore as you well know creating a setup to demonstrate the blind shots is time consuming. Stan set up a clevel curtain method that allows him to block any pockets easily without and apparatus being connected to the table. If you actually knew Stan you would know that this was done for his own education and not to SELL people DVDs. The guy had these videos up long before he produced a DVD. The reason is because Hal Houle would hold a ball tray in front of the shooter to prove to them that trusting the line given by the CTE method works. Stan wanted to see if that applies for other shots and banks and he proved that it does.

I appreciate your comment. We can agree on one thing. There is "knowing" a shot because you've done it many times and you put trust in your brain to execute it properly, and then there is knowing a shot because you have a reference system to fall back on. There are many of these for position play moreso than for aiming. So I can be in a certain position and know where the cue ball will end up because you've practiced that shot in drills and you recognize it. Ultimately we play in the former mode, allowing the game to flow and trusting that you know what you are doing, at least for most of the shots.

CTE is deceptive at first. It can work for many shots depending on the set up and distance, but ultimately it is the player who does what is necessary to pocket balls, IMO.

CTE is not deceptive. It works for pretty much all shots directly to a pocket where a cue ball can be struck center ball and the object ball goes towards the pocket. Perhaps you mean that it can be intoxicating at first when the player starts to get the visuals right and those visuals cover a certain range.

Ultimately the player does what is necessary to pocket balls? This is another way to repeat the nonsense that CTE is nothing more than subconscious adjustment. You honestly don't get it and you likely never will. CTE users, those who truly study it, have all had the moments where they are down on the shot and their brain is screaming that the line is wrong and they go ahead and shoot and watch the ball split the pocket. This is the "magic" if you REALLY want to find some. It is the equivalent of you putting your finger on the rail and telling a newbie to just trust you even though they really think that the line you chose is wrong.

As my diving coach used to say, if you have been doing it wrong then doing it right is going to feel wrong.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What's so complicated ? ABC is left to right , no matter where you cut the ball.
2 DVD's later, another 440 page is needed to explain it ?
The Houligans insisted it was a simple system. Heck, you could get it over the phone .
Yep, because the mechanics are deceptively simple. a person can discover HOW to do something without knowing WHY it works. What was discovered first? The math behind leverage or the fact that you can use a branch with a rock under it to move something heavy?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The answer to your question is found in the inscribed angle theorem. Brian Crist was smart enough to apply this to a pool table and call the method Poolology. The exact solution involves arcs so to make the system usable he estimated the arcs to be straight lines. In a nutshell, his system allows you to know the exact fractional aim point for any two randomly placed balls on the table. There is no need to adjust for contact points or throw in most cases. You simply aim the center of the cue ball at the fraction and shoot. Most of the time the calculation is trivial math. This is the system that CTE pretends to be, IMO. It tells you what fraction to aim in order to pocket the ball no matter where those balls are. The system also recognizes that eventually the brain just sees the shot and so the use of Poolology is largely moot.

If a system is real it just plain works. You can have success with Poolology within 5 minutes at the table.
And if someone tells you that they had success with CTE quickly you dismiss them as religious zealots operating under self-delusion and subconscious adjustment.