Chalk Off/Quick Clean???????

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I had ordered some Chalk Off from BCn but I cancelled the order as I have no desire to do business with them in the future.

Do I want Chalk Off or Quick Clean? Was there some sort of problem between these two products... as alluded to in another post? Did BCn somehow do a number on Quick Clean?

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
Last edited:

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
JimS said:
Thanks! THAT's what I was looking for. Now I'm sure I'll not be buying anything from BCn. I appreciate the link and the schooling I got from the link.

lol... friend, I was just finishing off reading that thread when you came up with yours; I just couldn't have let you go without reading it!

JimS

Silver Member
Aren't Quick Clean and Chalk Off both just the same as Blue Coral Aerosol Upholstery and Carpet cleaner? This is hinted at in other posts.

Last edited:

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No they are not. Do not use blue coral it will stretch out the fabric. There will be huge rolls in the cloth for at least 12 hours.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
it's nice this subject came up on this product..i am looking to buy some for my table..i will now ONLY buy the Original cleaner..i hate it when people copy others ...the billiards community in IMO is not big enough for both companies...

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
JimS said:
Need to know today if possible. Thanks.

Chalk Off and Quick Clean are NOT the same product, this has been established over a year ago when BCn started marketing Chalk Off in an extremely misleading fashion. As far as I know they are still doing this and there has been no legal conclusion to this as yet. Chalk Off apparently has chemical safety warnings on it that Quick Clean does not, so they cannot be the same formula. If they are not the same so they cannot both be Blue Coral upholstery cleaner. Whether they can be "basically" Blue Coral with some minor modifications I have no idea.

If you feel the need to try something totally unknown on your table for the sake of saving about $7 (either by buying the slightly cheaper Chalk Off or the Blue Coral) you are a braver man than I, given that wrecking it will cost you several hunderd in recovering costs. As far as I know no one here has tried Chalk Off, but many have used and like Quick Clean, including myself. So if you want to order something today and want to know it works as advertized go with Quick Clean.

If you want to hear all about it Quick Clean and you want to know ASAP I suggest you contact David Hodges directly, he has been very happy to detail everything in the past.

JimS

Silver Member
AuntyDan said:
Chalk Off and Quick Clean are NOT the same product, this has been established over a year ago when BCn started marketing Chalk Off in an extremely misleading fashion. As far as I know they are still doing this and there has been no legal conclusion to this as yet. Chalk Off apparently has chemical safety warnings on it that Quick Clean does not, so they cannot be the same formula. If they are not the same so they cannot both be Blue Coral upholstery cleaner. Whether they can be "basically" Blue Coral with some minor modifications I have no idea.

If you feel the need to try something totally unknown on your table for the sake of saving about $7 (either by buying the slightly cheaper Chalk Off or the Blue Coral) you are a braver man than I, given that wrecking it will cost you several hunderd in recovering costs. As far as I know no one here has tried Chalk Off, but many have used and like Quick Clean, including myself. So if you want to order something today and want to know it works as advertized go with Quick Clean.

If you want to hear all about it Quick Clean and you want to know ASAP I suggest you contact David Hodges directly, he has been very happy to detail everything in the past.

No I DO NOT want to try something untried on my Diamond :D That's why I'm asking around here.

I ordered some Quick Clean tonight. Thanks everyone for your help.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all do respect. I personally wouldn't use either products if they are both the same. One of the selling features listed in Chalk Off is it takes the slide out of the cloth "Caused by new cloth" New cloth doesn't cause anything except that it's new. Slide is part of the game and most if not all the diamond systems are based on new cloth and new balls. The slide in a cloth goes away when it gets dirty or worn out.

I suppose if I stop worrying about there being no slide on a table it will eliminate a lot of gripping but all the tournaments are played on new cloth.
Don't you think if you want to play well enough to be on top you'll want to practice as close to possible to tournament conditions?

Slide baby Slide

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
my table/cloth is 2 years old now..tonight i ordered the Original Quick Clean for it ..

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
3kushn said:
With all do respect. I personally wouldn't use either products if they are both the same.

They are NOT the same. BCn use deceptive marketing techniques to make them look the same. I have been using Quick Clean on my Simonis 860 since it was new and there is still a small but normal amount of slide on it IMHO.

BTW Note that no current cloth cleaning products are approved or recommended by Simonis. They recommened only brushing, vacuuming and wiping down with a slightly damp cloth. The main advantage of Quick Clean for me is that it is a little faster to do than these, hence the "Quick".

JimS

Silver Member
Brushing, vacuming and wiping with a warm damp cloth is exactly the process I've followed in the 6 years I've had a home table and I've not had a problem. Thinking of changing for the same reason as Aunty Dan... quicker process and maybe I"d have to admit to laziness? :rolleyes:

david hodges

Registered
I had Quick-Clean and Chalk-Off independently tested and this is the findings from the report on the difference in the formulations. I hope that this will help in confusion about the two cleaners. The Coral Blue did not have a suspension that would keep from wetting the cloth. It is hard to convince people about wetting the cloth. Just ask your cleaners if you could remove chalk from your suit coat with a damp cloth. I think that you will find that you have ruined your suit. Cosmetically it looks good but you have smeared chalk and dye into your cloth and your hands show it.

FORMULATIONS

1. Quick-Clean product formulation produces a higher dry foam level than Chalk-Off. The benefit is the product clings longer and does not burst or turn into liquid nearly as fast as Chalk-Off therefore avoiding the potential of over wetting surfaces.
2. The chemical composition of Quick-Clean is more active than Chalk-Off therefore removes deeper soils faster and more efficiently. Chalk-Off performs similar to a traditional foaming type Glass Cleaner with a mint fragrance, of which there are numerous versions on the market that can readily private labeled to be whatever the customer wants it to be. On the other-hand, Quick-Clean is not a Glass Cleaner, rather, it has been uniquely formulated to quickly penetrate and lift soil then hold it in its foam suspension. Chemically, there is no comparison in the two products and from our testing; there is even a greater difference in actual in-use performance situations. We find Quick-clean to be superior in all instances.

quitecoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have never guessed that Old Dave would have gone to table cleaning product.. i can remember going into his shop before he sold it ...he used to own Parrot Cues in Richmond Va. I would go there and he would let me test hit a bunch of his cues...I let what i think was my dream cue slip thru my fingers..it was what i wanted and still want....he used to show me a couple of neat things on the table he had in the shop... wow talk about a carrer change...

BUT ....Todd E. of Parrot cues is the greatest guy...just wanted to throw that out there.

JimS

Silver Member
david hodges said:
I had Quick-Clean and Chalk-Off independently tested and this is the findings from the report on the difference in the formulations. I hope that this will help in confusion about the two cleaners. The Coral Blue did not have a suspension that would keep from wetting the cloth. It is hard to convince people about wetting the cloth. Just ask your cleaners if you could remove chalk from your suit coat with a damp cloth. I think that you will find that you have ruined your suit. Cosmetically it looks good but you have smeared chalk and dye into your cloth and your hands show it.

FORMULATIONS

1. Quick-Clean product formulation produces a higher dry foam level than Chalk-Off. The benefit is the product clings longer and does not burst or turn into liquid nearly as fast as Chalk-Off therefore avoiding the potential of over wetting surfaces.
2. The chemical composition of Quick-Clean is more active than Chalk-Off therefore removes deeper soils faster and more efficiently. Chalk-Off performs similar to a traditional foaming type Glass Cleaner with a mint fragrance, of which there are numerous versions on the market that can readily private labeled to be whatever the customer wants it to be. On the other-hand, Quick-Clean is not a Glass Cleaner, rather, it has been uniquely formulated to quickly penetrate and lift soil then hold it in its foam suspension. Chemically, there is no comparison in the two products and from our testing; there is even a greater difference in actual in-use performance situations. We find Quick-clean to be superior in all instances.
Thank you for posting and educating me. I do appreciate it and I appreciate your position in the cloth cleaner "issue". It sounds like the little guy in danger of being swallowed and I do NOT like that!

I've become willing to try it and I ordered a can. I'll have to try first on a spare piece of Simonis I have in the drawer. I have almost new cloth on the Diamond Pro and Diamond came to the house and installed new cushions so I'm awfully protective of it. :cool:

david hodges

Registered
Jim,
If it helps we had Quick-Clean tested by Simonis and they said that it was safe to use on their cloth. Diamond has been cleaning their tables with Quick-Clean for four years and highly recommend that you use it. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call toll free at 1 866 240-2789.