Chalkshaper..... cool new gizmo

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Exactly. I don't how many of them have ever tried to develop, produce then market anything. Its not easy. I don't care what it is. I hope this guy does ok with this. Its really easy to be the expert critic from behind a keyboard/phone.

I can guarantee if I were to develop, produce and market a product, the video I make to show how it works will do exactly that, unlike this video.

I clicked on this thread and the link provided because I have never heard of a chalk shaper and here we are on page three and I still do not know how said device works. Proper marketing would have been a close up shot of how the device is use with a piece of chalk in the device. There would have also been a before and after shot of a cube of chalk to show me exactly how useful it is.

It could be valuable for a bar and poolhall owners. I might want one of these. I have about a dozen cubes of used Master sitting on my window sill that this could be helpful for, but at 30 bucks (which a box of 144 pieces of master is only 34 bucks) I can't really see this buying this, especially if I don't know how it works.

Attachments

• i-cant-see-shit.jpg
    i-cant-see-shit.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 167

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It makes you lose faith in humanity when you see a promo video such as that. That is the most worthless video I've ever seen. A third grader would have done better with an iPhone. His 3rd grade mind would not produce a video you can't see what is being demonstrated. Friggin stoopid.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It makes you lose faith in humanity when you see a promo video such as that. That is the most worthless video I've ever seen. A third grader would have done better with an iPhone. His 3rd grade mind would not produce a video you can't see what is being demonstrated. Friggin stoopid.
"Lose faith in humanity"??? Seriously?? Over a cheesy promo?? You in the drama club too?? Some of you people just kill me. OOps, my shot. I love 24hr. joints.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
"Lose faith in humanity"??? Seriously?? Over a cheesy promo?? You in the drama club too?? Some of you people just kill me. OOps, my shot. I love 24hr. joints.
Yeah, losing faith in humanity is a bit of a stretch. The cheesiness of the video isnt the problem though. Kinda expect these things to be cheesey.

Here is a pic of my chalk shaper.

Attachments

• U68OJEA.jpg
    U68OJEA.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 185

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My kamui lasts a year. I usually buy a new one each year at the expo and really don’t have to. If you brush your chalk on like your supposed to this wont be an issue. It’s not a product I need but I heard they sold out at the expo so good luck to them.

Linwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about just walking outside and rubbing the chalk on the sidewalk like I've been doing for years?

Because one can then write or draw something, not just rub.

And then you have to decide WHAT to write.

Writer's block can then paralyze you, leaving you standing there with chalk in hand and nothing to say.

Your opponents get bored and leave.

The pool room closes, and locks you outside.

Your car keys are inside.

Stuck, you are on the street when gangs come by and beat you and rob you and leave you for dead.

The police, ever creative, use the chalk to draw an outline around your lifeless body, but being untrained, rub only one side messing up the chalk entirely.

No... don't do it... it's too dangerous. The chalk can become damaged by this process. Buy a fancy gadget instead, be safe!

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many new pieces of Master could I get for $30 plus shipping? Their next product should be a chalk recycler, grind up your old chalk and smash it into your own custom mold... or create your own blends... the future of pool is here.

I agree, the video needs some serious help....;)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hate new chalk. I take a nickel and give it a little deeper groove before I use a new piece. Then I apply it to the tip by swiping it across. I like it when it gets broken in. Last thing I would want to do is grind it down to flat again.
Sometimes I depend on the "nice but slow" people of the Borer Tribe down at the PH to drill out the middle of the chalk a little bit until it has a nice edge.

When desk people try to give me a nice new piece of chalk with the useless, flat top, I take a nicely broken in piece -- but not too deep -- from the box at the counter and say, "This one will be OK. No need to break out a new one." But mostly I carry my own chalk. If I start a new piece at home I use a dime, not a nickel, to start it.

I keep mentioning here about not drilling holes through the chalk and how no top player wears the chalk like that but the Borer Tribe has their Way and it is The Right Way.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, I think someone thought about it. I think they figured out that you don't really want to see the product or what it is doing or the trash can that was hidden behind the table to catch the nasty, staining dust that's produced.

We just had a long thread about this:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=481652

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes I depend on the "nice but slow" people of the Borer Tribe down at the PH to drill out the middle of the chalk a little bit until it has a nice edge.

Sometimes desk people try to give me a nice new piece of chalk with the useless, flat top. I take a nicely broken in piece -- but not too deep -- from the box at the counter and say, "This one will be OK. No need to break out a new one." But mostly I carry my own chalk. If I start a new piece at home I use a dime, not a nickel, to start it.

I keep mentioning here about not drilling holes through the chalk and how no top player wears the chalk like that but the Borer Tribe has their Way and it is The Right Way.
"The Borer Tribe" is CLASSIC. I told the owner of my ph he could save a couple hundred bucks a month just by showing the Borers how to chalk. Sometimes it looks like they're drillin' a damn oil-well. Just slightly used is definitely the best.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... It could be valuable for a bar and poolhall owners. I might want one of these. I have about a dozen cubes of used Master sitting on my window sill that this could be helpful for, but at 30 bucks (which a box of 144 pieces of master is only 34 bucks) I can't really see this buying this, especially if I don't know how it works.
It's got a file-like surface and a special shaped holder for each shape of chalk and by putting the chalk in the holder and pressing it against the file-like part and spinning one part against the other, you file the top of the chalk flat.

I'm not sure what they do about round chalk.

I urge you to start chalking differently.;)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one was yours?

So you think people should shell out $30 for something they could do with a 25¢ sheet of coarse sandpaper, or for free on a sidewalk etc.

Are you this guys brother or something? :thumbup:

It is a pointless invention. Hope he sells a million of them. It will confirm my thoughts about our society having their heads up their asses. :duck:

BTW, I am coming out with my latest invention by the end of the year.

The Cranio-Rectal Removal System™.

It involves a series of common sense injections along with a giant pair of tongs to pull your noggin out of your ass. Vaseline not included, batteries required. :thumbup:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Some of these comments are a little abrasive.

Exactly. I don't how many of them have ever tried to develop, produce then market anything. Its not easy. I don't care what it is. I hope this guy does ok with this. Its really easy to be the expert critic from behind a keyboard/phone.

Actually, I was trying to make a pun.

I agree the video is lame. Almost quit watching at the fade to black in the middle of it. Wish I had.

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not being a judge of such things WHAT was so bad about it? You a ad producer of some sort? I've seen a lot worse/cheesier ads before. I doubt they sell 10,000 of these things but i've been wrong before.
The video is useless because it does not show a close up of how the device is to be used. In fact it doesn't even have a clear picture of the device. I don't even know what this thing looks like. In addition to there not being any close ups demonstrating how the device is to be used the audio is virtually non existent. Use a f%%%%%% microphone for chrissake. And I'm not a producer but I can see and I can hear, and when I say the video is useless, well, I'm being kind.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
or just use a belt sander or any sander to sand it down to where you want. takes about 5 seconds. thats all his thingy does.