Champions Snooker Houston Tx

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone visited Champions here in the Houston area? It is quite a drive for me and was just wondering if, based on the equipment and such if it would be worth it. There is a place closer, but the table is not in the best of shape, and not very level. If you have visited, please put down your thoughts. Looking at the pictures on the internet, the tables look nice and appear to be 6 x 12.Thanks, Ron

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OnepocketRon,
Yeah I've played there. However if you want to play much closer to home and on much better equipment (mine) PM me. I live prolly 15 minutes from you. There's a table at Caspers as well, which is also a shorter drive.
(See findsnooker.com)

That all said, they now have three tables setup, all with 9811 baize, the locals are friendly and all happy to play. It is a smoking environment, but it's the only place in town that has more than one table, so you can play tournaments there as well.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
OnepocketRon,
Yeah I've played there. However if you want to play much closer to home and on much better equipment (mine) PM me. I live prolly 15 minutes from you. There's a table at Caspers as well, which is also a shorter drive.
(See findsnooker.com)

That all said, they now have three tables setup, all with 9811 baize, the locals are friendly and all happy to play. It is a smoking environment, but it's the only place in town that has more than one table, so you can play tournaments there as well.
I agree with drsnookers assessment of the place. Nice folks, but a bit too far form me. Caspers is really too far also. Big Tymes on the north side has a snooker table with simonis. Bogies is getting rid of theirs, I saw it on the for sale forum yesterday. PM sent OnepocketRon, maybe we can play some one pocket.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
I agree with drsnookers assessment of the place. Nice folks, but a bit too far form me. Caspers is really too far also. Big Tymes on the north side has a snooker table with simonis. Bogies is getting rid of theirs, I saw it on the for sale forum yesterday. PM sent OnepocketRon, maybe we can play some one pocket.

Poop. Sorry to hear Bogies is selling their table; I hope it goes to a deserving home.

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron,
Did you make it to Champions snooker yet?

Too bad about bogies. May be they'll keep it if they can't find a buyer?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I saw one of their tables on the craiglist the other day. Are they upgrading (not happy with it)? They can't be going out of business. Does anyone know what's up?