Charity Tournament in San Diego

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Forgive me for posting in main...but I wanted to do one quick announcement outside the tournament forum.

I'm hosting a charity scotch-doubles tournament at On Cue Billiards in La Mesa, June 3rd at 7 pm.

Lots of fun prizes...from surf lessons to chiropractic massage to restaurant gift cards and more!

We are raising money for Rady Children's Hospital of San Diego. You can find out more about them at www.rchsd.org.

Here is the link to the post in the tournament announcement forum.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=230640

Thanks!

Melissa

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
I live outside of Philly PA now, but two years ago I lived within eyesight of Rady Children's Hospital. I also spent a bunch of daytime hours at On Cue; a great place.

Unfortunately, I also know what it's like to spend a lot of time at Rady too. My son was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma cancer by the Rady Oncology doctors, and we spent a few weeks being treated there before moving back to Philly for family support, and treatment at CHOP.

I feel my son's early treatment at Rady is a big part of why he's still in remission two years after diagnosis!

I encourage all in the area to support On Cue in their efforts to help Rady. Wish I was there to join in the tourney!

Www.MiraclesForMaks.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
I live outside of Philly PA now, but two years ago I lived within eyesight of Rady Children's Hospital. I also spent a bunch of daytime hours at On Cue; a great place.

Unfortunately, I also know what it's like to spend a lot of time at Rady too. My son was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma cancer by the Rady Oncology doctors, and we spent a few weeks being treated there before moving back to Philly for family support, and treatment at CHOP.

I feel my son's early treatment at Rady is a big part of why he's still in remission two years after diagnosis!

I encourage all in the area to support On Cue in their efforts to help Rady. Wish I was there to join in the tourney!

Www.MiraclesForMaks.com

Thank you for this wonderful story! I am so happy that your son is in remission. Your words reinforce to me that my decision to work with Rady to produce this charity tournament is a good decision!!!!

All the best to you and your son!

Melissa

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I'm hosting a charity scotch-doubles tournament at On Cue Billiards in La Mesa, June 3rd at 7 pm.

Lots of fun prizes...from surf lessons to chiropractic massage to restaurant gift cards and more!

Melissa

Are you giving the massages ;)???

On a more serious note........God bless you for hosting this tournament for such a worthy cause. Nothing I find more satisfying than contributing to the cause of children's health. I just the other day sent off my regular donation to St. Judes Hospital.

Hope all goes well with you and your tournament, Melissa!!!

Maniac

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Forgive me for posting in main...but I wanted to do one quick announcement outside the tournament forum.

We are raising money for Rady Children's Hospital of San Diego. You can find out more about them at www.rchsd.org.

Here is the link to the post in the tournament announcement forum.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=230640

Thanks!

Melissa

Hey Melissa,

Last time I played scotch double with Mark, I almost turned the pool table over him, LOL. I don't know if he would even consider putting himself in line of fire like that ever again.

However, for charity it's worth risking one's safety? :p

I plan to be there and sign me up. I don't have a partner yet. Oh, do I have to partner with male? female? any?

Thanks.

S.G.

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Hey Melissa,

Last time I played scotch double with Mark, I almost turned the pool table over him, LOL. I don't know if he would even consider putting himself in line of fire like that ever again.

However, for charity it's worth risking one's safety? :p

I plan to be there and sign me up. I don't have a partner yet. Oh, do I have to partner with male? female? any?

Thanks.

S.G.

Hi Sunny!

You can be partners with anyone you'd like...male or female...but it sounds like you may not want to choose Mark! We don't want any violence...LOL!!!

If you need a partner...let me know. I can try to help find you someone. Although I know you have lots of friends in the SD Area...so you probably don't need my help :)

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Melissa

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Hi Sunny!

You can be partners with anyone you'd like...male or female...but it sounds like you may not want to choose Mark! We don't want any violence...LOL!!!

If you need a partner...let me know. I can try to help find you someone. Although I know you have lots of friends in the SD Area...so you probably don't need my help :)

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Melissa

I asked Mark last night and it took him half a second to say "No way!" LOL.

I will be looking for someone :grin-square:

S.G.