Chinese 8 Ball World Championship March 13-20

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CHEAP move by shi on that break attempt

i totally dislike this guy, slow pay, ball cleaning every other shot, and again that cheap break to backdoor his way in

Letting the other guy break is a cheap move? risky is more like it but it worked that time.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Letting the other guy break is a cheap move? risky is more like it but it worked that time.

agree. in the WPA pool world, folks would say he/Shi is nuts. More like a tactical move cos he is 1 rack up . Doubt he would risk it if they were hill hill :D

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well he did lose 20 racks in a best of 41 - he can't be that superior. I agree he's better but let's not over egg it. Now roll on a proper WPA 8 ball championship....

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shi takes it down 21-20 what a thriller!
They should have gone for saver $75K each and then play each other post match for $25K

Hill definitely the revelation of tnis tourney. Hope he plays the upcoming W8B in Aug. He will shake up the WPA boys.

I would love to see an C8B invitational with these elites

Mick Hill
Shi Hanqing
Yang Fan
Darren Appleton
Gareth Potts

:D

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great match! I live this game. Very intelligent. From what little I saw, Shi played a bit smarter. Both are great players. I hope this game grows.

KMRUNOUT

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
One of the best pool matches I've seen in a long time. A few games were looking like one pocket with all the safes and intentional fouls going on. A marathon set on a triple tough table with a 50,000 dollar swing between 1st and 2nd place, it all made for an amazing match. This is what a World Championship should be like imo.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are some stats from the China Billiard World Championship finals, won 21-20 by Shi Hanqing over Michael Hill:

Successful breaks (made at least one ball and did not foul):
• Shi -- 7 of 20 (35%)
• Hill -- 7 of 21 (33%)
• Both -- 14 of 41(34%)

In addition, Hill broke 2 more times following illegal breaks by Shi. Hill broke dry both times.

Breaker won game:
• Shi -- 9 of 20 (45%)
• Hill -- 9 of 21 (43%)
• Both -- 18 of 41 (44%)

Break-and-run games, on all breaks:
• Shi -- 4 of 20 (20%)
• Hill -- 2 of 21 (10%)
• Both -- 6 of 41 (15%)

Break-and-run games, on successful breaks:
• Shi -- 4 of 7 (57%)
• Hill -- 2 of 7 (29%)
• Both -- 6 of 14 (43%)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are some stats from the China Billiard World Championship finals, won 21-20 by Shi Hanqing over Michael Hill:

Successful breaks (made at least one ball and did not foul):
• Shi -- 7 of 20 (35%)
• Hill -- 7 of 21 (33%)
• Both -- 14 of 41(34%)

In addition, Hill broke 2 more times following illegal breaks by Shi. Hill broke dry both times.

Breaker won game:
• Shi -- 9 of 20 (45%)
• Hill -- 9 of 21 (43%)
• Both -- 18 of 41 (44%)

Break-and-run games, on all breaks:
• Shi -- 4 of 20 (20%)
• Hill -- 2 of 21 (10%)
• Both -- 6 of 41 (15%)

Break-and-run games, on successful breaks:
• Shi -- 4 of 7 (57%)
• Hill -- 2 of 7 (29%)
• Both -- 6 of 14 (43%)

Thanks for stats, AtLarge
Little to separate both of them from the stats
I think it is high time that they bring in win by 2 racks rule for big tournaments. Maybe play to maximum of another 5 racks to find a winner by 2 racks. If still no winner do like previous World Team championships (I think now defunct ) , shootout- CB in centre of kitchen and OB where the spot is :D

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot more fun than watching barbox 8b.

It seem like Dennis would do well in this event with his straight shooting.

Jayson Shaw lost early on in qualifiers to LeeVan. I dont know about the fast pace game that Jayson plays. Trying to finish a rack in less than 2 minutes is asking for trouble.

Ko shot very aggressive and that didnt bold well against Darren.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to shi

he played some positional precision from hell, on some racks he had a series of those shots

I dislike his style though and felt a lack of sportsmanship near the end, the slow play and ball cleaning was a joke

i think he wore out hill, but I'd take Hill in a rematch in a heartbeat, better shot, seemed to struggle far less with deciison making, Shi is a speciliast and hill is much newer to the discipline