chuck starkey purpleheart and curly

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
19 1/2 oz cue made using very curly maple with diagonal spliced purpleheart. old brunswick shaft with stiff taper, and a moori medium tip.

this cue has no ferrule, and i will install one at no charge if you want. but, please try the no ferrule before you decide. you might just really like the feel.

1/2 by 8 inch wood pin treated to last a lifetime.

$385.00 delivered.

thanks to all and have a great and safe xmas.

chuck

Attachments

• PC150025.JPG
    PC150025.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,186
  • PC150026.JPG
    PC150026.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • PC150030.JPG
    PC150030.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,245
  • PC150033.JPG
    PC150033.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,225
  • PC150037.JPG
    PC150037.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,196

abcdefg

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
19 1/2 oz cue made using very curly maple with diagonal spliced purpleheart. old brunswick shaft with stiff taper, and a moori medium tip.

this cue has no ferrule, and i will install one at no charge if you want. but, please try the no ferrule before you decide. you might just really like the feel.

1/2 by 8 inch wood pin treated to last a lifetime.

$385.00 delivered.

thanks to all and have a great and safe xmas.

chuck

Nice one Chuck. If I had known earlier I would have grabbed it before the finish was applied.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another sweet-looking cue, Chuck.

Same question as my other recent post: has this cue been sold?

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
purpleheart/curly maple cue

Chuck,
Do you have any more curly maple that you used in this cue? Thinking about having a cue made with this highly grained maple.
Regards,
Charles

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Claimed!

I had a great discussion with Chuck this morning on the phone. He's as easy-going and personable as other folks here on AzB have said he is.

I'm looking forward to receiving the cue. Many thanks to JimS for other comments and feedback.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Claimed!

I had a great discussion with Chuck this morning on the phone. He's as easy-going and personable as other folks here on AzB have said he is.

I'm looking forward to receiving the cue. Many thanks to JimS for other comments and feedback.

That is one COOL cue.. imo. Can't beat the price either. Chucks work is undervalued. Nobody makes a better hitting cue. The finish is always flawless and his designs are... well.. they are HIS designs. (it's the jeweler in him)

Plus.. you're dealing with a man of integrity.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chuck shipped me the cue right away, and though I received it before the weekend I didn't have a chance to play until this evening. Tomorrow night I'll be using it in a league match.

As JimS and others have said, one of the words that comes to mind when you shoot with a Starkey cue is "confidence". This starts when you pick up the cue. The balance, the hit, and the feel of the smooth shaft gliding through your bridge hand all contribute to the great feel.

I look forward to playing well with this cue.