CJ Wiley VS Steve Mizerak - Sands Regent XIII - June 1991

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So back then if you made the ball and you scratched the ball comes back up and the next player has ball in hand on the spotted ball

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 201802131947833165.jpg
    201802131947833165.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you need a site map?

There's a special forum for systems that can't be explained. I think it's called the Hogwarts Forum or something like that. Please "discuss" TOI there.

pj
chgo

I think "I" created the thread...NOT YOU!

If you don't like "MY" thread, you know where you can go. And maybe Mr. Wilson does, too.

I posted the thread to let people see a good pool match. Not to have you come in here and try to stir up something like you seem to have a penchant to do in every thread, of every forum, of every pool site on the internet.

For someone who has been banned so many times, you seem to never learn.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I posted the thread to let people see a good pool match.
I like that part of "your" thread. It's the part where you drop in ads for a controversial "system" (second only to CTE in flame wars) that I question. Did its controversy just slip your mind - or are you baiting?

pj
chgo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that part of "your" thread. It's the part where you drop in ads for a controversial "system" (second only to CTE in flame wars) that I question. Did its controversy just slip your mind - or are you baiting?

pj
chgo

Please let Mr. Wilson worry about policing the board. I've never been in a flame war with anyone. It seems that you, Lou, and a couple others have a monopoly on that.

You can go back to doing whatever you were doing and find somebody else's thread to disturb.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Please let Mr. Wilson worry about policing the board.
lol This from the guy who suggested I should be banned.

It has long since been established that discussion of systems like this are restricted to the Aiming Forum. You're using that to namedrop this one, figuring it can't be refuted here.

pj
chgo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol This from the guy who suggested I should be banned.

It has long since been established that discussion of systems like this are restricted to the Aiming Forum. You're using that to namedrop this one, figuring it can't be refuted here.

pj
chgo

I don't have the time or inclination to get into your petty little arguments.

The thread was created because this was a good match to view and I have never seen it online before and was sharing it with others.

You, on the other hand, have some sort of beef with C.J. and have to chime in with something negative about him. First, was the "mullet" comment and then the meme. Why can't you control yourself? Does it always take moderators to "control" your behavior?

Aloha.

I'm out.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice!

Thx. For sharing......

Ought to be required watching for anyone looking to learn 9 ball.

Td

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Patrick, you are well aware that we have a rule against hijacking threads with aiming system criticism. Considering that CJ proudly espouses TOI, I think it was very relevant to this thread. Your bashing of TOI was far from relevant though.

Mike

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody notice how Wiley's cue ball seems to " Casually stroll" to it's next destination after making contact with the OB? That's the T.O.I effect. It's not exactly what he teaches on his video. His video targets intermediate players who are new to T.O.I. When starting out he teaches going out as far from verticle center as a full tip.

In his writings however, he used to sometimes get into what could be looked forward to if the student stuck with T.O.I while becoming an advanced player. At this point you're often only going a millimeter or two inside verticle center, aiming at the side of the pocket and deflecting the ball into the center. ( The 3 part pocket system!)

When doing this, the cue ball moves in a distinctive manner after making contact with the object ball. Please don't anybody ask me what I mean by the phrase " Casual stroll." It's the best description I could come up with. Any of you T.O.I.ers out there.........Help me out!
he played a lot of stun draw shots in that match that in its self stops contact induced throw and straightens out the object ball and kills the cue ball so you can put some pace on the ball and the cue ball kills or floats as you say

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.
CJ just doesn't hit 'em like that anymore...and of course Steve is gone.
Man, they both played outstanding in that match though.
Just shows what can be done if a person with some talent really devotes themselves to the game.
That one shot where Steve threw that mortal lock safety at CJ when shooting at the 6 ball flabbergasted the commentators. That was a beautiful move.
:thumbup:

Notice that CJ is breaking with his playing cue, too.

No fancy break cue.

Him and I played for a couple hours a few months ago here in Hawaii and he still hits them pretty good.

They held a mini-tournament while he was here and the final was between him and Rodney Morris and CJ won.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL! A match for the ages. I'm also wondering if winner breaks isn't the better format. Winner break made this one even more exciting.

Winner breaks always is more exciting to me. I like to see when people get on a roll and run some packages.

You shouldn't have to give up the table until you miss. The end of a game shouldn't end your turn at the table if you made the game ball.

I have never heard anybody I've played ask for alternate breaks unless they didn't break as well as I did. I have never advocated alternate breaks when my opponent was breaking better than me.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was an incredible match. Inspiring play by both players.

They played a different game in the BS (“Before Simonis”) era. What many of us are used to nowadays is not the action displayed in this epic matchup.

I can’t help but wonder what direction pool would have taken if they would had stayed with big pockets and slower cloth, instead of evolving towards today’s tighter pockets and quicker cloth.

I’m not sure if what we have now is better, but it is the reality that we have chosen.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was an incredible match. Inspiring play by both players.

They played a different game in the BS (“Before Simonis”) era. What many of us are used to nowadays is not the action displayed in this epic matchup.

I can’t help but wonder what direction pool would have taken if they would had stayed with big pockets and slower cloth, instead of evolving towards today’s tighter pockets and quicker cloth.

I’m not sure if what we have now is better, but it is the reality that we have chosen.

Today's pool is worse than it was back then. Pool has been "dumbed down".

In this match, you didn't see either player playing a lot of safes every other shot. You didn't see jump cues. CJ didn't even use another cue to break with...he broke with his playing cue.

The rails and cloth are way too fast today. It is more like bunting the balls around the table than stroking them. I prefer playing on the slower cloth and rails so that I can "hit" the balls. I don't like having to baby them.

The table I play on during my once a week sessions has cloth that is a bit slower than the Simonis 860 and it suits me better.

I also am not a fan of one-foul BIH rules...that has ruined the game of 9-ball, IMHO. Before one-foul BIH, they played two-shot push out, which made for a much better game. There was more excitement because people would "go for" more difficult shots because they weren't scared of making a mistake and getting penalized by the single foul rules.

If you ask any old-school player...CJ, Earl, Keith, etc...they will all say that the way pool was played years ago was better than it is today.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Patrick, you are well aware that we have a rule against hijacking threads with aiming system criticism. Considering that CJ proudly espouses TOI, I think it was very relevant to this thread. Your bashing of TOI was far from relevant though.

Mike
Yeah, I was a little quick on the trigger, and it’s a good thread. Apologies to Hawaiian Eye.

pj
chgo