Coming back

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
am recovoring from renal cell carcinoma . 3 months ago I lost my left kidney and had a 15 lb tumor removed with it . I feel pretty good ,can get around okay but am still very weak,went from 175 lbs to 135 lbs in a few weeks .I have an ostomy reversal coming up when I get a bit stronger .

I have played pool a few times and was pretty bad at it .It all feels strange right now . The last time i played I did manage to run a rack of 9 ball ,even with a very weak break I made 3 and got out .

I am nearly 70 and I am not quitting this
life or great game yet .

Chuckg

 
Good for you! Nothing better than having a goal to work towards, even if that goal has no more defined objective than "get better at it". And you can add "get better" in general to that as well.
Hoping you make a rapid recovery, and can keep the prior issues in your rear view mirror as your pool journey moves onward and upward.
 
Every day I am alive is a true blessing ...My surgeon told the wife I had maybe 6 weeks to live and not too good of odds making it out of surgery . The worst part of this for me is how little I am allowed to do . My wife works way too hard ,we have a great neighbor who takes care of our yard so that is a big help . Pool was always a big part of my life but I realize it is far from the most important .

Once again thanks for the kind words and encouragement .

Chuckg
 
am recovoring from renal cell carcinoma . 3 months ago I lost my left kidney and had a 15 lb tumor removed with it . I feel pretty good ,can get around okay but am still very weak,went from 175 lbs to 135 lbs in a few weeks .I have an ostomy reversal coming up when I get a bit stronger .

I have played pool a few times and was pretty bad at it .It all feels strange right now . The last time i played I did manage to run a rack of 9 ball ,even with a very weak break I made 3 and got out .

I am nearly 70 and I am not quitting this
life or great game yet .

Chuckg

Buena suerte with your recovery.

Sounds like you have a steep hill ahead of you but also the will to get to the top.

Lou Figueroa
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbb
am recovoring from renal cell carcinoma . 3 months ago I lost my left kidney and had a 15 lb tumor removed with it . I feel pretty good ,can get around okay but am still very weak,went from 175 lbs to 135 lbs in a few weeks .I have an ostomy reversal coming up when I get a bit stronger .

I have played pool a few times and was pretty bad at it .It all feels strange right now . The last time i played I did manage to run a rack of 9 ball ,even with a very weak break I made 3 and got out .

I am nearly 70 and I am not quitting this
life or great game yet .

Chuckg
Praying for your recovery, some would use this as a reason to give up, hoping for a quick recovery
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbb
am recovoring from renal cell carcinoma . 3 months ago I lost my left kidney and had a 15 lb tumor removed with it . I feel pretty good ,can get around okay but am still very weak,went from 175 lbs to 135 lbs in a few weeks .I have an ostomy reversal coming up when I get a bit stronger .

I have played pool a few times and was pretty bad at it .It all feels strange right now . The last time i played I did manage to run a rack of 9 ball ,even with a very weak break I made 3 and got out .

I am nearly 70 and I am not quitting this
life or great game yet .

Chuckg
I can relate Chuck. My kidney and prostate affirmities require ongoing treatments, probably forever. I don't enjoy them but its keeping me alive. Also lost weight, from 175 to 125! My body shrunk. I function at maybe 60% of what I could do before. Got me a nifty little electric scooter/chair so now I can go to the mall or out to dinner.
 
Hope you are doing well. This thread reminds me not to whine about needing another hip replaced because others are dealing with far worse issues.
 
Thanks for the support guys , We are heading to Mexico for a bit of sun and fun time . No fishing this trip this time , not strong enough yet but my wife really needs a break from my never ending hospital appts .

I got my first EOB last week,,60 pages ,many $$$$$$ . Thanks to Medicare and Tricare for life we can still buy gas and groceries .

Thanks again

Chuck
 
am recovoring from renal cell carcinoma . 3 months ago I lost my left kidney and had a 15 lb tumor removed with it . I feel pretty good ,can get around okay but am still very weak,went from 175 lbs to 135 lbs in a few weeks .I have an ostomy reversal coming up when I get a bit stronger .

I have played pool a few times and was pretty bad at it .It all feels strange right now . The last time i played I did manage to run a rack of 9 ball ,even with a very weak break I made 3 and got out .

I am nearly 70 and I am not quitting this
life or great game yet .

Chuckg

I admire your love of life and zest for this game. Keep swinging bro. If there's anything I can do to help you improve, don't hesitate to ask.
 
Thanks for the support guys , We are heading to Mexico for a bit of sun and fun time . No fishing this trip this time , not strong enough yet but my wife really needs a break from my never ending hospital appts .

I got my first EOB last week,,60 pages ,many $$$$$$ . Thanks to Medicare and Tricare for life we can still buy gas and groceries .

Thanks again

Chuck
Enjoy yourself sir, eat many tacos and tequila refreshments!!!
 
Thanks for the support guys , We are heading to Mexico for a bit of sun and fun time . No fishing this trip this time , not strong enough yet but my wife really needs a break from my never ending hospital appts .

I got my first EOB last week,,60 pages ,many $$$$$$ . Thanks to Medicare and Tricare for life we can still buy gas and groceries .

Thanks again

Chuck

It thrills me to hear how great your outlook and perspective are. Signs of a true fighter.

And thank you for your service. 🫡
 
Back
Top