Conflicting mosconi points events

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could be wrong, sorry if I am, but I believe turning stone and the Texas open are both mosconi points events and are obviously both this weekend. I understand the two events are thousands of miles apart but for the 10-20 pros fighting for the 5 spots traveling isn't as big a deal. It's just frusterating that there's no abundance of major pool tournaments in this country and when they conflict it makes both fields less prestigious and robs the fans. I know I'd rather watch an event with all the top players fighting for points and money and taking half the competition away instantly makes each tournament at at much less exciting.

Just my humble opinion and I don't intend to talk negatively about any one in particular I just am frusterated that I can't have my cake and eat it too!!!

Also to me the turning stone is probably the best non major tournament in the world and I'd love to see the field filled with killers, not saying it's not already just that having another points event the same weekend will take a good amount of players.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi organizers did this on purpose a few years ago, when they increased substantially the number of points events. The thinking was to give players many, many oppertunities. No player is going to all events, and there are more events in players' own back yards now. I like it.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
This is the 44th year of the Texas Open and every year it's on Labor Day week end.
What happens if shuff wins turning stone and bergman wins Texas open???

Both being points events and equal points then what breaks the tie???

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kd

Has a tie ever happened in Mosconi points?

You know what's interesting? It seems as if a lot of us, myself included, are more interested in the Mosconi Cup happening--rules, points, who gets selected, coach--than, say, U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship, as an example.

Many moons ago, the Open was the event that everybody wanted to win and have on their pool portfolio.

Then the world championships were inviting, until the WPA crawfished on enforcing the rules.

It's kind of sad that we're all clamoring around the Mosconi Cup, quick race format, exhibition challenge match between two regions of the world, rather than an event that includes more players from around the world, such as the Open.

Sign of the times, I think, in the pool world, but it is very revealing how much we all appreciate and care about the Matchroom Sport-produced Mosconi Cup. :)

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member

Kd

Why does there have to be a tie breaker....?

If both the above players win this week, It'll be up to Johan. Besides, both players should make the team, regardless of this weeks outcomes. Just my .02.

Bergy will/should make it regardless, being #2 in the U.S.
Nobody is playing better than Shuff over the last month....well maybe Earl, but I'm not going there....lol

I wanna see..

Bergman
Shuff
Earl
Thorp
Shane......

And Someone needs to get Joe Rogan, and Charlie Sheen in the Crowd......Wiinning:grin-square:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does there have to be a tie breaker....?

If both the above players win this week, It'll be up to Johan. Besides, both players should make the team, regardless of this weeks outcomes. Just my .02.

Bergy will/should make it regardless, being #2 in the U.S.
Nobody is playing better than Shuff over the last month....well maybe Earl, but I'm not going there....lol

I wanna see..

Bergman
Shuff
Earl
Thorp
Shane......

And Someone needs to get Joe Rogan, and Charlie Sheen in the Crowd......Wiinning:grin-square:

I like the way you think, Tooler! :grin-square: