Congratulations to my' Diva ' Allison Fisher

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appeared that she finally came out of the slump and won the World games 9 Ball championships beating Jasmin in the nail biting finals.:cool:
:cool:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great win for a great player and a great lady. Well done, Alli.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd not knowing who will win the womens events. I would have only picked 2 for last 10 years, now probably 8 or so have a shot. Wonder if this will help or hurt womens pool.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great news. Recently there was a thread about Allison being a classy lady. I can verify that with my own personal experience. When I returned to the pool world after a 20+ year layoff I sent her a email about stance and cue lengths. Much to my surprise within days she sent me a very nice informative reply.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I don't know that I would have called her recent performance a "slump". She is still as strong as she has ever been. She raised the bar for all the female players, and now several others have accepted the challenge and raised their game to that higher level. I think it will be a long time, if ever, before we see any one player dominate the way Allison did for all those years. That isn't taking anything away from her game, it's still incredible. But others have now joined her at that level.

Anyway, congrats to her on another fine win.

Steve

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
It appeared that she finally came out of the slump and won the World games 9 Ball championships beating Jasmin in the nail biting finals.:cool:
:cool:

Yes congratulations to Allison. It was a nail biting last few games and I hope it means we'll be seeing more of her in the TV matches soon.:smile:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I don't know that I would have called her recent performance a "slump". She is still as strong as she has ever been. She raised the bar for all the female players, and now several others have accepted the challenge and raised their game to that higher level. I think it will be a long time, if ever, before we see any one player dominate the way Allison did for all those years. That isn't taking anything away from her game, it's still incredible. But others have now joined her at that level.

Anyway, congrats to her on another fine win.

Steve

I think it's great for the game to have a number of players who are capable of winning. As much as I like Allison and Karen you hate to see the same players in the finals so often. Now it's more exciting because of the higher level of play from many of the female players.

Allison is still my favorite and it's great that she's back in the winners circle.

James

mreightball

Silver Member
Yes Allison is one of the greatest women players out there, and she is a good ambassador for the sport. Keep up the good work. And congradulations for a great win.
Ron

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two tremendous players. I'd have a problem with whom to root for since I admire both. I missed the match but hope it will be scheduled shortly on ESPN. Congratulations to Allison and hope to see more of her for at least the next 10 years

Last edited: