Cops called to the pool hall

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Old timer should of minded his business, and keep his mouth shut. Took 10?

Might not have taken but one to take care of business, ten delivered a message. Many years ago four very large very unwelcome customers were going to force the lady running my home pool hall to give them service. Overkill for about twenty of us, about half carrying house cues, to surround them but it made them realize it was a long long seventy-five to one-hundred feet from the counter to the front door! A message was delivered and they never returned.

Hu

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Might not have taken but one to take care of business, ten delivered a message. Many years ago four very large very unwelcome customers were going to force the lady running my home pool hall to give them service. Overkill for about twenty of us, about half carrying house cues, to surround them but it made them realize it was a long long seventy-five to one-hundred feet from the counter to the front door! A message was delivered and they never returned.

Hu
I used to always post the following sign in my poolrooms; "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." And I did on more than one occasion. Just little me 😁 .

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, my itty bitty town of 1,000... four high school friends DEAD from covid within about a month's time. Three of them early 60's. Other one was 75 but getting along just fine till he caught it. Can't tell me it ain't deadly.

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is doomed based on the comments I see. You all might as well lock your doors and never leave your house again.
This is the new normal, as in the old way of things is no longer. 5 years from now the same people will demonize us for wanting to meet in person to play pool together. They will say the only safe way to play each others is online ghost tournaments or some bowling point system. .

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
FWIW, my itty bitty town of 1,000... four high school friends DEAD from covid within about a month's time. Three of them early 60's. Other one was 75 but getting along just fine till he caught it. Can't tell me it ain't deadly.

I noticed we are only a few days away from hitting 300,000 people dead in the USA. Those saying it is no big deal need to take another look. Covid has wiped out what would amount to a good sized city. If every person in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or Orlando was wiped out we would be overwhelmed by the disaster. That is roughly how many people covid has killed, yet some consider it no big deal. It has to kill someone close to them before they will consider it important.

With a vaccine in sight the situation with masks has changed. The original reason for wearing them was to flatten the curve so healthcare centers and yes burial services wouldn't be overwhelmed. However, now if we can manage to not get it or spread it to others if we get it there is a real chance that the vaccine will prevent many people from ever getting it.

On a personal note, I have lost people very close to me to lung diseases. Watching somebody struggling for breath for months, over a year sometimes, showed me what a sorry way it was to go. On an even more personal note, until the right inhaler was found for my COPD, I woke every night for almost three months unable to breath. Not short of breath, not struggling to get enough air, I wasn't getting any at all. Living alone it was either help myself or die. After a month of this it was very hard to go to sleep wondering if this was the night I wouldn't wake up.

I am hoping to die when I am shot by a jealous husband when I am caught in bed with a beautiful young woman when I am a hundred and five. Strangling to death before then is no part of my plan. I will wear a mask, hope others do the same, and try to survive until a vaccine is available. Masks are a major part of the stall until there is a real preventive. If masks save only ten percent of lives that is 30,000 people and counting just in the USA. Back to my city comparison, that is a large town or small city population that could be saved. If masks are worn properly they are far more than 10% effective, the rural population center I call my home county after living there for decades proved that.

Again, with vaccines in sight, masks are no longer just to slow the curve of people getting infected, they can be a major factor in preventing people from ever getting the disease.

Hu

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed we are only a few days away from hitting 300,000 people dead in the USA. Those saying it is no big deal need to take another look. Covid has wiped out what would amount to a good sized city. If every person in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or Orlando was wiped out we would be overwhelmed by the disaster. That is roughly how many people covid has killed, yet some consider it no big deal. It has to kill someone close to them before they will consider it important.

With a vaccine in sight the situation with masks has changed. The original reason for wearing them was to flatten the curve so healthcare centers and yes burial services wouldn't be overwhelmed. However, now if we can manage to not get it or spread it to others if we get it there is a real chance that the vaccine will prevent many people from ever getting it.

On a personal note, I have lost people very close to me to lung diseases. Watching somebody struggling for breath for months, over a year sometimes, showed me what a sorry way it was to go. On an even more personal note, until the right inhaler was found for my COPD, I woke every night for almost three months unable to breath. Not short of breath, not struggling to get enough air, I wasn't getting any at all. Living alone it was either help myself or die. After a month of this it was very hard to go to sleep wondering if this was the night I wouldn't wake up.

I am hoping to die when I am shot by a jealous husband when I am caught in bed with a beautiful young woman when I am a hundred and five. Strangling to death before then is no part of my plan. I will wear a mask, hope others do the same, and try to survive until a vaccine is available. Masks are a major part of the stall until there is a real preventive. If masks save only ten percent of lives that is 30,000 people and counting just in the USA. Back to my city comparison, that is a large town or small city population that could be saved. If masks are worn properly they are far more than 10% effective, the rural population center I call my home county after living there for decades proved that.

Again, with vaccines in sight, masks are no longer just to slow the curve of people getting infected, they can be a major factor in preventing people from ever getting the disease.

Hu
I am sorry for your losses, Hu.

I live in MN and follow the MN Dept. of Health on Facebook, where they provide situation updates on a daily basis.

Well I guess one lady had enough and wrote a very long letter to the MN Dept. of Health and posted it as a comment to one of these situation updates. She posted some scientific data and drew some conclusions. All of them wrong by the way because she doesn't have a scientific background. In her conclusions she said "there is no evidence of human to human transmission and futhermore no scientific studies that support the existence of COVID-19 in humans" That is a direct quote.

There were too many scientific inaccuracies in her argument to state here, but this is what we are up against as scientists. I say we because I am a scientist. I have a PhD in medicinal chemistry and work in pharma. The general public doesn't know science and how to decipher a study. All of a sudden everyone is an expert. All of a sudden people think that someone dying in a car accident has COVID-19 listed as a cause of death. If you believe that, then you believe that all doctors are acting unethically and they are risking their livelihood. All of this stems from distrust. How is that trust ever going to be rebuilt? How are we going to handle the next pandemic? Because there will be another. FYI, there have been more that 50 declared pandemics in the world since 2000.

Yes, the vaccine's (both Pfizer and Moderna's) have promise. They will be undergoing FDA review shortly for emergency use authorization.

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a another inaccuracy that I had to correct from a friend of mine on Facebook.

He commented on someone's post saying that "if you get the vaccine (talking about Pfizer's or Moderna's), you should have to be quarantined for 14 days. They are injecting you with the virus and you should test positive"

That is completely inaccurate. Both Pfier's and Moderna's vaccine are mRNA vaccines. That means they use a piece of the genetic code for the virus to stimulate your body to make antibodies. That piece of genetic material codes a specific structural feature of the virus, the spike protein. When the virus enters your body, a defense is mounted because the spike protein is recognized.

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly and thats why you wear a mask lol.
Pure media hyped BS and you swallow it hook line and sinker.
If this really was a pandemic and people were really dieing from it like they say, you would see it all around you, but you don't.
If it was anything like they say, no one would even care about pool.
Trips to the store would be made in full hazmat suits lol.
You people are so gullible it's pathetic.
And now you're gonna have millions line up to get a vaccine for it.
Unbelievable where we are as a country and what the media is doing to the masses.
Uh, sure. Four high school friends in this very small town, dead, in just a few weeks. It's all hype. And they're still dead. That doesn't count the ones who damn near died. It's interesting to me, a heathen, that churches are the super spreaders, especially. Praise the Lord.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Uh, sure. Four high school friends in this very small town, dead, in just a few weeks. It's all hype. And they're still dead. That doesn't count the ones who damn near died. It's interesting to me, a heathen, that churches are the super spreaders, especially. Praise the Lord.
Ages and health issues before getting sick? And what did they actually pass away from?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ages and health issues before getting sick? And what did they actually pass away from?
Would they still be alive if they did not contract the virus?
Probably, especially if their health concerns were in check through meds or diet or both.
The virus exasperated their demise therefore it was their immediate cause of death.
Without the virus they would be alive.
The virus does not care if you have compromising conditions.
Doesn't care if you are right or left, male or female, healthy or frail.
It is merely looking for a human host.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Would they still be alive if they did not contract the virus?
Probably, especially if their health concerns were in check through meds or diet or both.
The virus exasperated their demise therefore it was their immediate cause of death.
Without the virus they would be alive.
The virus does not care if you have compromising conditions.
Doesn't care if you are right or left, male or female, healthy or frail.
It is merely looking for a human host.
Had you known them and their circumstance I might have asked you. But I didn't cause you didn't.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only masks that do anything to significantly reduce risk are N95. A surgical mask or cloth mask will not trap a virus.
Since the virus needs a delivery vehicle (droplet), a well-fitted paper mask can be very effective, especially as protection against those infected, if THEY are masked. If someone pointed a gun at you, would you take their word it wasn’t loaded, or would you feel justified to shoot them dead?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a another inaccuracy that I had to correct from a friend of mine on Facebook.

He commented on someone's post saying that "if you get the vaccine (talking about Pfizer's or Moderna's), you should have to be quarantined for 14 days. They are injecting you with the virus and you should test positive"

That is completely inaccurate. Both Pfier's and Moderna's vaccine are mRNA vaccines. That means they use a piece of the genetic code for the virus to stimulate your body to make antibodies. That piece of genetic material codes a specific structural feature of the virus, the spike protein. When the virus enters your body, a defense is mounted because the spike protein is recognized.
Would you say that it might be risky to take the first vaccine that is out there?