Corey Deuel Career Highlight Video

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really really good video, thanks for posting.

What I found amazing about the video is that more than once, professional commentators like Mike Sigel,( I believe) were saying "he's completely hooked, he can't do anything" etc.. only to hear them go "ahhhhhh" when he not only hits the ball but sometimes makes it.

He was making shots that professionals were not even seeing. Good stuff.

I really like his strategy and run outs in 8-ball. I youtubed and watched a match between him and Skyler on Monday afternoon before I played a tournament that night.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm always gonna favor the creative players over the robot-like percentage players. corey can be real entertaining to watch

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Interesting question.

I might argue that he surpassed predictable expectations, with his out of the box approach to the game.

He's the gatekeeper, similar to the greats in Golf who never won the Masters, just got 2nd or 3rd :). He keeps the winners at their peak, and will slip through time after time. He and John Schmidt always come a knockin'.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hot off the press! I just finished Corey's reel - a collection of Nine Ball, Eight Ball, Chinese Eight Ball, Banks, and of course One Pocket. Enjoy and please like/share.

https://youtu.be/CnFfsjMnpaU

Wow! That was one of the best highlight videos I’ve ever seen. Your editing is top notch, and the use of graphics along with that final shot of Corey in bullet time Matrix Style running through that Chinese 8 ball rack was extraordinary. Well done, sir.

It really brings into focus on how talented Corey was over the years. He sees the table outside of the box better than anyone. Remember when he was experimenting breaking with the bridge? And he was getting decent results. Always trying to innovate.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the general consensus about Corey? Did he live up to his potential or is he considered an underachiever? I’m not saying i feel either way, I’m just wondering what the expert view is

i wish he had specialized in one-pocket. could have rivaled efren, in my opinion.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
i'm always gonna favor the creative players over the robot-like percentage players. corey can be real entertaining to watch

100%

I feel like he practices so much of the unconventional stuff that sometimes his “routine” shots get left behind and people call dog. Maybe it has hurt his game somewhat but he probably has the highest percentage of making tough combos, kisses, caroms, crazy positions, etc during high pressure situations and I love to see it. Efren is pretty damn creative and gutsy too so maybe Corey is tied on making the crazy shots.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey also made the spot shot and drew the CB back up past the headstring without hitting a rail on his very first try. Problem is, he hit it so hard the OB came back out of the pocket. DCC 2002 if my memory is correct, cant remember who set the shot up but I was the only other person standing there when it happend.
Jason

This shot is even more impressive than his draw shot in the video

Is there a video of this? I'd love to see it. Sounds amazing

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Is there a video of this? I'd love to see it. Sounds amazing

Unfortunately no. I think the player that set up the shot may have been Frost, but I cant bet on it.

Just myself, ex GF, Corey and the other player were there.

There was some discussion on here years ago about the shot, and I believe others have seen it done before.
Jason

hayes1699

Registered
Wow! That was one of the best highlight videos I’ve ever seen. Your editing is top notch, and the use of graphics along with that final shot of Corey in bullet time Matrix Style running through that Chinese 8 ball rack was extraordinary. Well done, sir.

It really brings into focus on how talented Corey was over the years. He sees the table outside of the box better than anyone. Remember when he was experimenting breaking with the bridge? And he was getting decent results. Always trying to innovate.

Thanks much! Yes that last chinese 8 ball out was my favorite highlight, but I had to figure out some way to speed it up.