CSI INVITATIONAL 8-BALL (July 23-25, 2014) 16 Players (Winner $8K/ Runner up $5K)

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not right at all. Shane lost out of the event. This second life is a freeroll for Shane and all of the pressure is on Ko.

This was a terrible decision and not fair to Ko at all.

Or to those who have Big Ko to win the tourney. :D

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My prediction for the 8ball is Ping Chung, regardless of who he plays in the finals. I like how he's playing and breaking, and after playing in the finals in the 10ball event he can only get better. He will use his experience from the 10ball to carry him over in the 8ball finals. I thought he was a little preoccupied with something in the 10ball finals because of how sharply his speed dropped against his older brother Pin Yi. Imo that won't happen again and I look for him to play with much more inspiration. But of course it won't be easy whomever he plays, Pin or Shane.

Bill Incardona

Do you think it's right to substitute a player who is already out instead of Ko Pin Yi just going straight to the finals.
If Shane were to go ahead and win the thing how would that be right ? He was knocked out. :shrug:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko PIn Yi should go straight to finals if Souquet doesn't play.
Shane was knocked out already, and Souquet knew the schedule
how could he have a flight booked for before the tournament he is in
is over. Pool makes me shake my head, once again.

Agree
It is bit unfair to Ko Pin Yi. I mean if his opponent forfeit, Ko Pin Yi should gain and benefit not have to play another match. Should instead of automatically going to final and getting at least $5K prizemoney he now may only get $2.5K
If this is explained to PPV audience, most would understand
I mean we do not see this in other sports like tennis :)

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Do you think it's right to substitute a player who is already out instead of Ko Pin Yi just going straight to the finals.
If Shane were to go ahead and win the thing how would that be right ? He was knocked out. :shrug:

Obviously it is BS. I cannot fathom how the directors thought this was a good idea.

If they wanted to pad the broadcast for people to get their monies worth they should have added a small exhibition match at the end.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree
It is bit unfair to Ko Pin Yi. I mean if his opponent forfeit, Ko Pin Yi should gain and benefit not have to play another match. Should instead of automatically going to final and getting at least $5K prizemoney he now may only get $2.5K
If this is explained to PPV audience, most would understand
I mean we do not see this in other sports like tennis :)

You don't see that anywhere, because it's wrong. :angry:
Ko should refuse to play.

Plus I can't believe Souquet can't find anther flight to Beijing
they don't start till the 28th.

Last edited:

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not right at all. Shane lost out of the event. This second life is a freeroll for Shane and all of the pressure is on Ko.

This was a terrible decision and not fair to Ko at all.

Couldn't agree more. What a load of crap this is!! If Ralf forfeits then Ko should have received a bye.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously it is BS. I cannot fathom how the directors thought this was a good idea.

If they wanted to pad the broadcast for people to get their monies worth they should have added a small exhibition match at the end.

This leaves bad taste in mouth. Ko and the game is the big loser here.
I mean if they want another rematch between Shane and Ko they can add another exhibition match like you say. Maybe call this match 8 ball exhibition match and win or loss then Ko goes to play his kid bro Ko .
More we think about it the more ridiculous it is.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAY 3 Last Day CSI 8 ball Invitational
25 July2014 (Fri) Scores
All times are Pacific Standard time (i.e. GMT -7 hours).
The streaming matches are highlighted in red.

GROUP STAGE
Group C (11am)
Shane Van Boening vs Yu-Hsuan Cheng 9-6
Ralf Souquet vs Dennis Orcollo 9-8

Group D (1pm)
Darren Appleton vs Francisco Bustamante 9-4
John Morra vs Pin-Yi Ko 6-9

KNOCKOUT STAGE
SEMIFINAL 1 (3pm)
Ping Chung Ko Vs Thorsten Hohmann 9-6

SEMIFINAL 2 (5pm)
Shane van Boening vs Pin-Yi Ko
4-0 Since Ralf forfeit this match should be walkover awarded to Ko

FINAL (7pm) Race to 11
SEMIFINAL 1 vs SEMIFINAL 2

Table Standings, Past Results
http://www.playcsipool.com/portals/0/Invitationals/8-Ball Standings.png
http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals/8BallScheduleResults.aspx

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't what happens in a professional tournament anywhere, anytime, in any sport.

CSI wants the players to act professionally.

They should lead by example, I think.

Celtic

Silver Member
This leaves bad taste in mouth. Ko and the game is the big loser here.
I mean if they want another rematch between Shane and Ko they can add another exhibition match like you say. Maybe call this match 8 ball exhibition match and win or loss then Ko goes to play his kid bro Ko .
More we think about it the more ridiculous it is.

It is sick. Do they have no comprehension that Ko was preparing to play Souquet and that having SVB dropped into the match at the last second is completely ridiculous and completely wrong? You cannot do that to a player, this was 100% wrong.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really Nonsense and BS
This is it. I am boycotting and not purchasing any more CSI PPV in future.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This isn't what happens in a professional tournament anywhere, anytime, in any sport.

I assume this was already part of the rules and not just an ad hoc decision.

It's a bad rule to begin with, but if they made this up on the fly it's even worse, imo.

Celtic

Silver Member
Really Nonsense and BS
This is it. I am boycotting and not purchasing any more CSI PPV in future.

Yeah, I am done too. This was too much. I can deal with bad commentary or not seeing the match I want on the stream but this was flat out unfair and wrong. CSI lost me for good on this one. I am out on pure principle due to this "move".

Celtic

Silver Member
Can someone tell me what the score is ?

It really does not matter anymore. SVB is getting gifted a freeroll to "win" the event. Both Ko brothers are probably shell shocked out there over this BS. Good luck playing after getting screwed over like this. SVB is laughing all the way to the bank.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone tell me what the score is ?

5-1 and Ko at table.

DAY 3 Last Day CSI 8 ball Invitational
25 July2014 (Fri) Scores
All times are Pacific Standard time (i.e. GMT -7 hours).
The streaming matches are highlighted in red.

GROUP STAGE
Group C (11am)
Shane Van Boening vs Yu-Hsuan Cheng 9-6
Ralf Souquet vs Dennis Orcollo 9-8

Group D (1pm)
Darren Appleton vs Francisco Bustamante 9-4
John Morra vs Pin-Yi Ko 6-9

KNOCKOUT STAGE
SEMIFINAL 1 (3pm)
Ping Chung Ko Vs Thorsten Hohmann 9-6

SEMIFINAL 2 (5pm)
Shane van Boening vs Pin-Yi Ko
5-1Since Ralf forfeit this match should be walkover awarded to Ko

FINAL (7pm) Race to 11
SEMIFINAL 1 vs SEMIFINAL 2

Table Standings, Past Results
http://www.playcsipool.com/portals/0/Invitationals/8-Ball Standings.png
http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals/8BallScheduleResults.aspx

Last edited:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is sick. Do they have no comprehension that Ko was preparing to play Souquet and that having SVB dropped into the match at the last second is completely ridiculous and completely wrong? You cannot do that to a player, this was 100% wrong.

I been following Pool for a long time and this is the worst stunt I remember
being pulled in a big event. Disgusting !!!

Last edited: