CSI Presents...The 2015 Tiger Challenge: Shane Van Boening vs Mike Dechaine

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a barbox, what a big let down. I was just starting to look to see if I'm working that day to tune in, but it wont matter now.

Now I've come to the realization of why the U.S open 8b and 10b is being played on a barbox....

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozzy has made the case that 7-footers are the future of pool. I wish he would just say that they use 7-footers for the league nationals, which I think people understand, and that it doesn't make sense to bring in dozens of 7-footers and then bring in dozens of 9-footers for their Open tourneys run at the same time. Use the same tables, call them the U.S. Bar Table tourneys. No problem. But let's not call them the future of pro pool. And bring in ONE 9-footer for these challenge matches. Just one. I just don't think they want to do that once they've made the decision to call 7-footers the future.

Oh well. I won't be there this year, but I'll probably buy the PPV.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Ozzy has made the case that 7-footers are the future of pool. I wish he would just say that they use 7-footers for the league nationals, which I think people understand, and that it doesn't make sense to bring in dozens of 7-footers and then bring in dozens of 9-footers for their Open tourneys run at the same time. Use the same tables, call them the U.S. Bar Table tourneys. No problem. But let's not call them the future of pro pool. And bring in ONE 9-footer for these challenge matches. Just one. I just don't think they want to do that once they've made the decision to call 7-footers the future.

Oh well. I won't be there this year, but I'll probably buy the PPV.

Ozzy's a smart guy and maybe he's right, but if 7-footers are the future of American pro pool, America will become the minor leagues for pro pool and very few world class players will emerge from American pool in the foreseeable future.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its already happened!

Ozzy's a smart guy and maybe he's right, but if 7-footers are the future of American pro pool, America will become the minor leagues for pro pool and very few world class players will emerge from American pool in the foreseeable future.

The USA is the minor league of Pool and it has been for 10years or more. This is a place for spectators of Pool not players. APA, BCA and fun players keep the game alive and well and keep the Pool Halls afloat...,

Its SVB vs the world.

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
Csi has their reasons for the bar table. I disagree but it's their money. But I will say that I won't pay a dime to watch this match on a box, where I would have on a real table. The only person that can deal with shane on the box is Alex. And he's the dog in that one!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Contrary to public opinion there's a whole lot of skill required to play good pool on a bar table, especially a Diamond. The balls are more congested and position play can get dicey. The table speed is harder to judge as well. Take a look at who excels in bar table tourneys. It's still the best players who are winning. It's a gross misnomer to think that lesser players have an advantage on a smaller table.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Csi has their reasons for the bar table. I disagree but it's their money. But I will say that I won't pay a dime to watch this match on a box, where I would have on a real table. The only person that can deal with shane on the box is Alex. And he's the dog in that one!

Don't anybody be confused it has absolutely nothing to do with the future of pool and everything to do with the dollar
If 9ft tables were cheaper they would be there plain and simple ,,

As for Shane on a BB he is by far less a Favorite on a BB than on a big boy table

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contrary to public opinion there's a whole lot of skill required to play good pool on a bar table, especially a Diamond. The balls are more congested and position play can get dicey. The table speed is harder to judge as well. Take a look at who excels in bar table tourneys. It's still the best players who are winning. It's a gross misnomer to think that lesser players have an advantage on a smaller table.

Refresh my memory how many big table wins Sky has ,

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Refresh my memory how many big table wins Sky has ,

Lol how many times has Sky double dipped SVB? I don't really understand the argument? So is Sky the measuring stick for whether or not 9fts are better then BB? That might be the equivalent of asking how many BB wins does Efren have?

9ft tables might be less forgiving when it comes to distance shots but that's about it. A 9ft is also more forgiving when it comes to safety play. You can execute a poor safe and rely on distance to make a shot tough. But on BB your safe game better be on point bc if you play some half a$$ safe and leave a shot, a pro is out.

Mistakes are amplified on a BB and mistakes are the game changers in a pool match. So think about that.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol how many times has Sky double dipped SVB? I don't really understand the argument? So is Sky the measuring stick for whether or not 9fts are better then BB? That might be the equivalent of asking how many BB wins does Efren have?

9ft tables might be less forgiving when it comes to distance shots but that's about it. A 9ft is also more forgiving when it comes to safety play. You can execute a poor safe and rely on distance to make a shot tough. But on BB your safe game better be on point bc if you play some half a$$ safe and leave a shot, a pro is out.

Mistakes are amplified on a BB and mistakes are the game changers in a pool match. So think about that.

Lol

While you are thinking, think about this. If they use huge pockets, the position play would be even tougher due to less rail surface to use for playing position and more area for the cueball to scratch.

Yep, lets make it real tough on the pros and make them play on bar boxes with huge pockets.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The issue isn't with the 7' tables making it easier for a player such as myself to win.

It's that it makes it easier for the professionals. In other words, it's boring as heck.

I know CJ had some outlandish ideas on how to save pool in America, but I don't think any of them were as dumb as completely switching to 7' tables.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mistakes are also fewer and far between on a BB. So think about that.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

7 footers are the future of American pool when the stewards of the US Open titles decide to hold those events on bar tables. It only hastens the death of professional pool in this country.

Lou Figueroa

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

if you make the playing field smaller in almost any game, the best guys are still the best guys, it's still....too small

baseball with 300 foot fences and basketball with a nine foot hoop does not negate the skill of top pros but it's just not the game

diamond was going in the right direction with 10 footers to which i've been preaching the merits on this forum years before their big foot matches

i get the logistics of big tourneys and small tables but a challenge match????
come on man..........

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The amount of players capable of knocking off a top player in a big BB turney is got to be double or triple of what it is in a big table event
Some like Sky would even be considerd a favorite,,

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
All size tables are fun to play on sometimes, but if I'm watching the best players playing short rack rotation games I'm not going to be entertained if they're playing on the bar box. This is especially true if the cloth is new and they are using the MR. I'm not telling anyone else what to like, or telling CSI how to run their events. They do what makes sense for them which is what they should do. I'm just saying I'll do the same and watch what I personally find entertaining. I hope the event goes well and is successful.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the bar box for a challenge match?? eww

CSi stacking the cards for their golden boy again
not enough to last year to cheat him through the group stages they will make him play on a BB which is his favorite against MD who apart fro SBE never plays BB

MD and shaw have been playing strong 10 ball on 9 foot and that would of been a great matchup

im not against BB events they get more people and are mainstream but challenge match?? is is that because KO came and beat svb last year taking everyones money now we neeed to play svb fav table?

forget this

the real action is with bigtruck
Oscar playing the young guns bergman and woodward
on the 9 foot

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is doing the streaming? Or the PPV? Since Justin is no longer with CSI. Whoever it is they have some big shoes to fill. Unless CSI are going to contract Justin and TAR to do it. Anyone know??