CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Now the carom you played before this shot was nice but the miss afterward is hard to figure out for a player of your experience. Was this a failure of your PSR?

I mean I can tell you why I missed in the match between us, HORRIBLE STROKE. I can't tell why you miss these easy shots since you say you don't "aim" and your PSR is something you worked YEARS AND YEARS to develop.

I will say this, having played you and watched you miss lots of "easy" and miss some medium difficulty shots, and watched you make a few very good shots, you will NEVER win a shotmaking contest with anyone who has mastered CTE aiming and has the same amount of table time in as you have. And I mean NEVER EVER EVER.

What were you doing here? Even the announcers were confused.

How about here? Didn't take your time? Bad PSR? Just trying to find examples of the excellent aiming as an integral part of the pre-shot routine that you worked so hard for many many many many years on.

Based on these videos I shared I think you should crack that book and start studying. Your game will improve considerably if you master CTE aiming. Your stroke is pretty straight and smooth. Your aiming, even though you think you aren't "aiming", needs work.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This one you miss by a half diamond? Why?

"My god he just missed an incredibly easy shot!"

Which part of your PSR failed you?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Are you that stupid? That myopic? That helpless?

I miss because:
I am human and not a robot;
I miss because I misjudge the amount of spin needed to be applied;
I miss because I hit the shot too hard or perhaps too soft;
I miss because the room/cloth is humid;
i miss because I didn't fully understand the physics of the shot;
And on and on.

Pool is as much art as it is science. And guess what? Your treasured Pro1 has all the same issues and more.

Lou Figueroa
Funny, the ONLY thing not on list is "I miss because I didn't aim correctly".

Seems like a very difficult thing for you to say isn't it?

CTE ProOne users might have all those issues you listed but where they are always going to be better than you is aiming. You simply don't aim as well as a proficient aiming system user. That's the bottom line here. As I said your PSR can be a thing of beauty and if you don't aim correctly then the straightest purest stroke in the world misses the shot.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
What does a PSR do, and what does it not do? It is a procedure to help you do all your physical and mental operations needed before a shot and in the correct order. A PSR does not guarantee that you'll make a shot. Making the shot not only depends on performing every physical operation (or at least the essential ones) right but also performing the right mental calculations beforehand. If you change your mind at the last minute and do not start over you may miss, simply because of changing the speed or slightly adjusting the english. Sometimes you get away with deviating slightly, sometimes two wrongs can make a right and sometimes you'll unconsciously adjust at the last moment to correct your mistakes, but mostly things go bad when you deviate from your habit/routine. Having a PSR means doing things wrong can become a learning opportunity and not a "mystery" that merit supernatural explanations. It's a way to streamline and gain understanding of your shotmaking process.

Some people have no PSR, relying instead of intuitive or what they often refer to as "instinctual" calculations and physical movement, that may be more or less consistent. From what I've seen from a couple of decades in cuesports is that this tends to leave a lot up to random chance. People are pulling random levers and pushing random buttons like a chicken in a behavioral experiment. They make changes or discard them, based on feedback (making/missing shots that may be extremely weakly related to the actual change they are making), and rarely do they improve in a linear fashion. Most people aren't even equipped to understand if something works or not, because they do not track results accurately, and even if they did, they don't apply statistical methods to the data or even correct for obvious psychological biases, so the actual "feedback" they get is based mostly on emotions and moodswings or at best very skewed and limited recent data. Typically, many pool players track wins/losses, only very rarely do people keep accurate track of shots missed, position errors, kicking errors etc.

Long term, you may become successful with that sort of behaviour, or you may not. Depends on wether the habits you end up with are good and somewhat repeatable, or not. Quite a few people are all over the place with their habits, and they do very poorly as a result. Quite often they are also in complete denial about it. The worst players often rely on the last minute adjustments made by the subconscious and really only CLAIM to have any sort of method. They have streaks of playing well, if they play often, but mostly they suck. If you have no idea of how your actual mechanics work, then you have no way to actually diagnose or correct them either. So they become highly superstitious and tend to correct things that in fact have nothing to do with their actual problems. Then they pester anyone about why they are "suddenly playing bad", when even a blind person can see that they're flailing their arms and legs around in a more or less random fashion in a desperate search for the magic pill.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CTE ProOne users might have all those issues you listed but where they are always going to be better than you is aiming. You simply don't aim as well as a proficient aiming system user. That's the bottom line here. As I said your PSR can be a thing of beauty and if you don't aim correctly then the straightest purest stroke in the world misses the shot.
He isn't very good is he?
As bad as I play, I don't think I've even missed anything as easy as these little half table shots in a year or two.
Possibly when I was drunk, but not when working with any sober competitive intensity as he's doing here.
Maybe the bet was too high for his pressure level and he just got scared..???
Very odd for an expert level 14.1 shooter. (or the dump may have been in to throw his backers in the river).
Pool is definitely a strange game. Eddie Taylor sure said it right.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
As bad as I play, I don't think I've even missed anything as easy as these little half table shots in a year or two.
Possibly when I was drunk, but not when working with any sober competitive intensity as he's doing here.
Very odd for an expert level 14.1 shooter. (or the dump may have been in to throw his backers in the river).
I've missed some pretty easy shots, tell you the truth it's gonna happen again...again and again.

It's reality, it's gonna happen. 👍

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the referenced video, as I've explained several times before when this has been brought up: Gail and I had just returned from a trip to Europe and we went to Chicago for the weekend, mostly to see our good friend, John Lavin who owns Red Shoes.

I didn't want to play much less be on the stream because I hadn't hit a ball in over three weeks but I said "Whaddahey." Then John said, "They want you on the stream." So I did it and sucked. What a surprise.

So here you go, compare and contrast and give me 200 words in the morning, YouTube has even added a advert in front:

Lou Figueroa
I feel so used, lol

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't aim, so how could I do it incorrectly, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But of course you would not *ever* play me, as bad as I is : -)

Lou Figueroa
not ever, lol
bow wow

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Barton on "How to Aim Pool Balls."

Lou Figueroa
I never get tired
of that one

Attachments

• JB - the Jumping Bean.jpg
    JB - the Jumping Bean.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 39

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lou
as a 100 ball runner you are in a very elite level
i give you much kudos for your skill level …👍
playing john was stealing based on execution skills
that doesnt excuse you for being a jerk:eek:
jmho
icbw

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou
as a 100 ball runner you are in a very elite level
i give you much kudos for your skill level …👍
playing john was stealing based on execution skills
that doesnt excuse you for being a jerk:eek:
jmho
icbw

And what is your excuse for being a two-faced jack ass?

This has nothing to do with you, Larry. Go stick your finger up someone else’s ass.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John Barton on "How to Aim Pool Balls."

Lou Figueroa
I never get tired
of that one
This is an example of terrible execution. Like you said, one needs a solid psr.

I am not going to make excuses for my poor play like you did.

I just played bad.

Once in a while though I made a good shot.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an example of terrible execution. Like you said, one needs a solid psr.

I am not going to make excuses for my poor play like you did.

I just played bad.

Once in a while though I made a good shot.

No excuse just an explanation.

oh, and your tense on “played” is wrong.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• F87D04C6-454F-4E3E-AB7F-29D4C6507B70.jpeg
    F87D04C6-454F-4E3E-AB7F-29D4C6507B70.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 35

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
But of course you would not *ever* play me, as bad as I is : -)

Lou Figueroa
not ever, lol
bow wow
Well, we know several people that you won't play. Any time you feel froggy I will back Stan against you in an all around. First two games can be 14.1 and one pocket. Then 10 ball and bank pool. I would be willing to bet $50,000 on Stan.

If you want to pick on 70 year olds that is.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No excuse just an explanation.

oh, and your tense on “played” is wrong.

Lou Figueroa
That's an Irish jig. Celebratin' life.

Giving an explanation for poor performance is asking to be excused for that poor performace.

Beyond that I asked you questions about your psr for the benefit of the readers. Please tell us what part of your misses were due to what? Your stroke was perfect so were you not aiming correctly?

Oh it was the humidity right?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
On the referenced video, as I've explained several times before when this has been brought up: Gail and I had just returned from a trip to Europe and we went to Chicago for the weekend, mostly to see our good friend, John Lavin who owns Red Shoes.

I didn't want to play much less be on the stream because I hadn't hit a ball in over three weeks but I said "Whaddahey." Then John said, "They want you on the stream." So I did it and sucked. What a surprise.

So here you go, compare and contrast and give me 200 words in the morning, YouTube has even added a advert in front:

Lou Figueroa
I feel so used, lol
You looked much better here.
Here is what's really funny though. You get to make excuses for playing bad but no one else does.

Then you post a video of you running a lot of balls to demonstrate that you can play well but you dismiss all videos of cte users who play well.

Seems hypocritical to me.

By the way, Mike Eufemia used an aiming system he called automatic aiming with a swivel. Allegedly he ran 625. Maybe if you had learned that method of aiming you would have broke 200.