CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe. I can tell you it feels good to be able to blow 10-100k and keep moving. Doesn't make me a better player but I know that I am not scared to bet.

I mean if I was a big time master like you and I had since guppy with more money than brains barking at me I think I would be morally obligated to take the money and administer as many floggings on the table as that sucker could stand.

Some people however just don't have the conjones to get off the porch no matter how good they think they are compared to someone else.

But that's not the topic. The topic is that your psr seems to fail you on the aiming part. The psr according to you should be what carries you when you're not in the zone. But you miss a lot of really easy shots so it's hard to see where your psr is good for aiming when contrasted with your words on how a great psr, developed over years, works. Since this is the aiming forum after all.

I don't know in what universe it feels good to blow money like that -- and if you need to do that to float your sense of self-worth, well, that's kinda pathetic.

And I miss because of how much time I spend playing pool. I play for recreation.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We know. And you always pick on those you perceive to be worse than yourself when you feel like using the "you won't play me" line.

Just reminding you that there are a lot of other recreational players you won't play.

So?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, on YouTube. I still have more material to use when analyzing your rock-solid pre-shot routine.

Well, truth be told, I also have access to several hours of materiel.

You know those half dozen shots or so of you playing like a spastic monkey during our match are just the tip of the iceberg. If memory serves, those are all from just the first few minutes of the match.

You do the math : -)

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 6.57.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 6.57.46 AM.png
    435 KB · Views: 48

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could you give an example or two where i have been two-faced?
as far as being two bit
my low value to you is only because you are a legend in your own mind

You are not worth the effort for me to go back and find the examples that exist.

But just in your initial post you offer a compliment and then an insult:

bbb said:
Lou
as a 100 ball runner you are in a very elite level
i give you much kudos for your skill level …👍
playing john was stealing based on execution skills
that doesnt excuse you for being a jerk:eek:

There's been more of that in the past and then there is your incessant need to get into other folk's business. Others on the board here and on the 1pocket site have privately asked me about you and I have told them all to not trust you for an instant. Personally, I think your medical specialty must have been back-stabbing.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think what Lou does in his psr is aline the balls in a manner that let's him get to the shot line. Who cares how he does it, we all got something in common if the balls go in, a perception that tells us to pull the trigger.

Dogging on someone for missing a ball no matter the shot is silly.

Cte trumps everything I guess.
Really, that's new. dogging on someone for missing a shot is silly. I wonder why then people continually bring up the shots I have missed when dogging me?

Of course the aiming is part of Lou's pre-shot activity. It is part of everyone's pre-shot activity.

No cte doesn't trump everything. Cte isn't the point. The point is that you, an aiming system user, and most aiming system users who consciously and deliberately use good aiming systems would almost never miss those shots if your stance and stroke were as solid and straight as Lou's.

The point is when anyone who advocates for objective aiming systems is fair game to dissect their form and use all manner of speculation when doing so to attempt to discredit those aiming systems, especially CTE, then that person's public performace should also be fair game for detailed analysis and commentary.

When that person wants to engage in the discussion and claim that aiming is a by product of fundamentals and that solid pre-shot routine takes care of the aiming then their results should not be in opposition to their stated theory on aiming. Don't we all agree that what's ok for one side is also ok for the other?

If Lou's opinion is given weight when he runs 100 and he considers himself to be authoritative based on his cumulative experience then he has to endure his credibility being measured against poor performace and missed easy shots.

So, let's dispense with the nonsense. Lou is critical and not free from criticism. He freely shares his opinion and shares his "credentials" to justify that opinion. He wants to claim that all one needs is a solid psr but his play says otherwise.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You ran over 100 balls....demonstrating skill, accuracy, good position, and a smooth stroke.
Yet in those other videos you dogged your guts out on simple shots ?? Nahhhhhhhhh!
Dumping...dumping...dumping the backers.
Only a simon pure fool would think those games with you missing shots 3 feet from the hole were on the square.
Disgusting in my opinion. No wonder you got thrown out of so many pool rooms.
"Doing business" in pool rooms and prize fight rings never changes it seems. (And you strut around polishing your halo like you just stepped out from Mass)
(n)(n)

There were no backers in that match -- there was no money involved other than the tournament prize fund from $50 entries and some small added dough.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, that's new. dogging on someone for missing a shot is silly. I wonder why then people continually bring up the shots I have missed when dogging me?

Of course the aiming is part of Lou's pre-shot activity. It is part of everyone's pre-shot activity.

No cte doesn't trump everything. Cte isn't the point. The point is that you, an aiming system user, and most aiming system users who consciously and deliberately use good aiming systems would almost never miss those shots if your stance and stroke were as solid and straight as Lou's.

The point is when anyone who advocates for objective aiming systems is fair game to dissect their form and use all manner of speculation when doing so to attempt to discredit those aiming systems, especially CTE, then that person's public performace should also be fair game for detailed analysis and commentary.

When that person wants to engage in the discussion and claim that aiming is a by product of fundamentals and that solid pre-shot routine takes care of the aiming then their results should not be in opposition to their stated theory on aiming. Don't we all agree that what's ok for one side is also ok for the other?

If Lou's opinion is given weight when he runs 100 and he considers himself to be authoritative based on his cumulative experience then he has to endure his credibility being measured against poor performace and missed easy shots.

So, let's dispense with the nonsense. Lou is critical and not free from criticism. He freely shares his opinion and shares his "credentials" to justify that opinion. He wants to claim that all one needs is a solid psr but his play says otherwise.

It's not that you miss shots, it's the style with which you miss shots -- even the Russian judge awards you stylistic points on your misses, lol.

And also, you repeatedly misrepresent what I'm saying. I don't know if it's purposeful of just plain stupidity (if I had to chose you know what I'm going with).

What I've said is that a PSR works for me with the complete admission that I am just a recreational player. No authority, no great player, just a player with an approach that works well enough to occasionally run 100 balls, win a tournament, beat a pro player, and cash at the DCC over half dozen times. YMMV.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, truth be told, I also have access to several hours of materiel.

You know those half dozen shots or so of you playing like a spastic monkey during our match are just the tip of the iceberg. If memory serves, those are all from just the first few minutes of the match.

You do the math : -)

Lou Figueroa
I agree. It was a horrible display and should serve to scare any viewers into a straight stroke.

I was definitely off-the-air. I might have been feeling some emotion there mixed in with some hubris and held together by an oversized ego.

Or I could just naturally suck so bad that this is an example of how I have always played.

What's cool though is that I had CTE aiming to help me out sometimes when I did manage to have a facsimile of a straight stroke. That allowed me to make some great shots.

But I really was playing so bad that Freddie commented that if I was using CTE he couldn't see it.

Speaking of a pre shot routine this match was a huge testimonial to your stance on how important a solid psr is.

I often think back and say man you should have listened to Lou and made sure your psr was solid. That coupled with focused use of the cte aiming method would probably have made a huge difference in the match outcome.

I mean I think we are all clear that many opportunities were gifted to you by the spastic-monkey-on-crack swoopy stroke I was tortuously rocking.

And I am really glad that you weren't using an aiming system because given my state of mind and your rock solid psr you probably would have won 9:0 instead of 9-6.

It's incredible that I got six games. No idea how that happened.... Just the voices of all the cool people who gave me one pocket advice in the months leading up to the match I guess.

Some say I was getting coached. There was this one shot that you thought was a bonafide pro level shot and I was really proud of it until I saw that it got heavily criticized in the "worst shot ever" category. If anyone was coaching me they were probably wondering why I wasn't listening and selling out to you every other shot. Oh right, just because they tell me what to I can not execute because of not having a solid psr.

So your contention is that your psr(including whatever it does to aim) was superior to someone who couldn't stroke straight? I agree. As good as CTE is for aiming it can't make up for being a chicken wing jumping bean when shooting.

In my defense though in the three weeks prior to the match I visited many cities on a whirlwind tour. Would you like to see the pictures?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It's not that you miss shots, it's the style with which you miss shots -- even the Russian judge awards you stylistic points on your misses, lol.

And also, you repeatedly misrepresent what I'm saying. I don't know if it's purposeful of just plain stupidity (if I had to chose you know what I'm going with).

What I've said is that a PSR works for me with the complete admission that I am just a recreational player. No authority, no great player, just a player with an approach that works well enough to occasionally run 100 balls, win a tournament, beat a pro player, and cash at the DCC over half dozen times. YMMV.

Lou Figueroa
Lol, says he isn't an authority while sharing his resume' with the readers. You forgot state champion.

We understand that you say the psr works for you, except sometimes it doesn't. Oddly on the easiest of shots.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
I definitely have style.

And balls. I knew how solid your stroke is before we played and yet I still stepped up.

No one needed to convince me to play. No one needed to back me. Mr. Goofy Stroke stepped right up to the plate.

That's what you do when you put your money where your mouth is. If only I had had a solid psr.....

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are not worth the effort for me to go back and find the examples that exist.

But just in your initial post you offer a compliment and then an insult:

bbb said:
Lou
as a 100 ball runner you are in a very elite level
i give you much kudos for your skill level …👍
playing john was stealing based on execution skills
that doesnt excuse you for being a jerk:eek:

There's been more of that in the past and then there is your incessant need to get into other folk's business. Others on the board here and on the 1pocket site have privately asked me about you and I have told them all to not trust you for an instant. Personally, I think your medical specialty must have been back-stabbing.

Lou Figueroa
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. It was a horrible display and should serve to scare any viewers into a straight stroke.

I was definitely off-the-air. I might have been feeling some emotion there mixed in with some hubris and held together by an oversized ego.

Or I could just naturally suck so bad that this is an example of how I have always played.

What's cool though is that I had CTE aiming to help me out sometimes when I did manage to have a facsimile of a straight stroke. That allowed me to make some great shots.

But I really was playing so bad that Freddie commented that if I was using CTE he couldn't see it.

Speaking of a pre shot routine this match was a huge testimonial to your stance on how important a solid psr is.

I often think back and say man you should have listened to Lou and made sure your psr was solid. That coupled with focused use of the cte aiming method would probably have made a huge difference in the match outcome.

I mean I think we are all clear that many opportunities were gifted to you by the spastic-monkey-on-crack swoopy stroke I was tortuously rocking.

And I am really glad that you weren't using an aiming system because given my state of mind and your rock solid psr you probably would have won 9:0 instead of 9-6.

It's incredible that I got six games. No idea how that happened.... Just the voices of all the cool people who gave me one pocket advice in the months leading up to the match I guess.

Some say I was getting coached. There was this one shot that you thought was a bonafide pro level shot and I was really proud of it until I saw that it got heavily criticized in the "worst shot ever" category. If anyone was coaching me they were probably wondering why I wasn't listening and selling out to you every other shot. Oh right, just because they tell me what to I can not execute because of not having a solid psr.

So your contention is that your psr(including whatever it does to aim) was superior to someone who couldn't stroke straight? I agree. As good as CTE is for aiming it can't make up for being a chicken wing jumping bean when shooting.

In my defense though in the three weeks prior to the match I visited many cities on a whirlwind tour. Would you like to see the pictures?

I'll take Door #3.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, says he isn't an authority while sharing his resume' with the readers. You forgot state champion.

We understand that you say the psr works for you, except sometimes it doesn't. Oddly on the easiest of shots.

SH.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I definitely have style.

And balls. I knew how solid your stroke is before we played and yet I still stepped up.

No one needed to convince me to play. No one needed to back me. Mr. Goofy Stroke stepped right up to the plate.

That's what you do when you put your money where your mouth is. If only I had had a solid psr.....

Or mad at your money.

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I watched some of that video you posted. There were two shots where the miss is explainable and has nothing to do with aiming, IMO. In one shot Lou was trying a combo-carom shot. The 15 looked dead into the corner as a carom and Lou hit the 6 into the 15. Apparently the carom wasn't on from the way the 6 hit it. The other shot was the 2 in the corner. Lou had to hit it firm in order to break the pack. Any time the ob is going down the rail into the pocket facing with speed it can spit out if not perfect. It happens to me more than I care to admit. As far as the other shots go it is easy to spend too much time on what you want to do with the cue ball and forget to pay attention to pocketing the ball. I guess you could call that an aiming error. I'd call it more like forgetting to aim.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I watched some of that video you posted. There were two shots where the miss is explainable and has nothing to do with aiming, IMO. In one shot Lou was trying a combo-carom shot. The 15 looked dead into the corner as a carom and Lou hit the 6 into the 15. Apparently the carom wasn't on from the way the 6 hit it. The other shot was the 2 in the corner. Lou had to hit it firm in order to break the pack. Any time the ob is going down the rail into the pocket facing with speed it can spit out if not perfect. It happens to me more than I care to admit. As far as the other shots go it is easy to spend too much time on what you want to do with the cue ball and forget to pay attention to pocketing the ball. I guess you could call that an aiming error. I'd call it more like forgetting to aim.
It all has to do with aiming. Doesn't matter, make all the excuses you want to. If a Miss is a Miss with cte users then a Miss is a Miss with psr is everything people.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It all has to do with aiming. Doesn't matter, make all the excuses you want to. If a Miss is a Miss with cte users then a Miss is a Miss with psr is everything people.
The problem is that you make a video on CTE and then attempt to illustrate the concepts you just talked about by executing example shots. In at least some of your videos the shot demonstration is a failure and puts a question mark over what you teach in the video. That's a bit of a different thing from Lou missing some easy shots in one particular match. It's not that hard to understand.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah I just have fun in my life win or lose.

I can always make more money.

Not being scared to play, priceless.

ah yes, the man, "who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing."

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Oscar Wilde