CTE for Top USA pros

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
The people who follow TOI like a cult but don't think CTE could possibly work cracks me up lol!

If you watch Biado he does something similar to CTE. Don't know if its CTE or not. A lot of the flips use some sort of pivot final stroke motion etc. In theory, the point of any system is to be the backbone of an aspect of ones game right? Kicking, banking, shooting etc. all have different systems and means of execution. A lot of players don't know how they do any of what they do. A lot do it all by feel, others by a mix and others who do EVERYTHING based on a system. Charlie Bryant was a monster (he can still play) and he uses a system for everything and I do mean everything.

If a system is supposed to be a backbone, then just like having solid fundamentals it helps in situations of pressure and fatigue.

CTE may not help EVERYBODY but that doesn't mean it won't help some people. I prefer Stan over CJ all day because at least Stan doesn't post memes and say "real-eyes" all the time.

I do most things by feel and up until recently (because I brought my chin above the cue, straightened my neck and a couple other things that just make everything more comfortable) I used the ferrule to aim as a reference point. Now my stroke is free and my body is more comfortable but things look a little funky because I'm not used to it.

I don't know if CTE will work for me because I haven't seen the DVD. I do know TOI won't work for me because I HAVE seen the DVD. Does this mean there is anything wrong with either? No.

Part of the problem is the old "USA, we do it by feel you sorry SOB and systems are for ****heads" mentality lol. I'm sure a system could help me I just don't know which one.

Thank you for sharing your material Stan. I'm sure somebody will be helped. When I can afford it I'll look into what you have to offer.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Lou plays in my room. I have bought the DVDs yet can't figure the pivot out. Come on out and help us understand.

Then perhaps Landon can help You & Lou understand it at the same time if Stan can't make the trip for some reason.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The people who follow TOI like a cult but don't think CTE could possibly work cracks me up lol!

If you watch Biado he does something similar to CTE. Don't know if its CTE or not. A lot of the flips use some sort of pivot final stroke motion etc. In theory, the point of any system is to be the backbone of an aspect of ones game right? Kicking, banking, shooting etc. all have different systems and means of execution. A lot of players don't know how they do any of what they do. A lot do it all by feel, others by a mix and others who do EVERYTHING based on a system. Charlie Bryant was a monster (he can still play) and he uses a system for everything and I do mean everything.

If a system is supposed to be a backbone, then just like having solid fundamentals it helps in situations of pressure and fatigue.

CTE may not help EVERYBODY but that doesn't mean it won't help some people. I prefer Stan over CJ all day because at least Stan doesn't post memes and say "real-eyes" all the time.

I do most things by feel and up until recently (because I brought my chin above the cue, straightened my neck and a couple other things that just make everything more comfortable) I used the ferrule to aim as a reference point. Now my stroke is free and my body is more comfortable but things look a little funky because I'm not used to it.

I don't know if CTE will work for me because I haven't seen the DVD. I do know TOI won't work for me because I HAVE seen the DVD. Does this mean there is anything wrong with either? No.

Part of the problem is the old "USA, we do it by feel you sorry SOB and systems are for ****heads" mentality lol. I'm sure a system could help me I just don't know which one.

Thank you for sharing your material Stan. I'm sure somebody will be helped. When I can afford it I'll look into what you have to offer.

You know what cracks me up?

This
https://youtu.be/5wQysSywOxU

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou plays in my room. I have bought the DVDs yet can't figure the pivot out. Come on out and help us understand.

Say what ! That's imposible JB says its so simple Chimps can learn it and Stan says its so easy to learn that many players have learned it on thier own and don't know it
You must have a different tape :cool:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say what ! That's imposible JB says its so simple Chimps can learn it and Stan says its so easy to learn that many players have learned it on thier own and don't know it

JB also said often that jumping with a jump cue takes as much skill as learning to kick, his theories are a bit suspect on how to play ;) . I actually like the guy (his personality reminds me a bit of Mike Webb) so when I comment on him it's not a personal attack, unlike some people that are very active anti-Bartonites; met him a few times at a tournament and some trade shows, but I always tease him about jump cues vs kicking or jumping with your playing cues.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what cracks me up?

This
https://youtu.be/5wQysSywOxU

I can demo that and work with most any student and they would see that it is absolutely true.

It may crack you up but when push comes to shove you do not have heart to put your money where your mouth is......
That can be tested easily enough with unbiased people and I will bet 2 to your one......
I will post up 10 grand today.....if that is not enough we can bet a lot more.
This can be set up in a lot ways. And I will come to your poolroom.

Stan Shuffett

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its VERY CLEAR....that you don't teach much.

I teach baseball/softball hitting. I have several professional clients who had career years after working with me and I have several college clients as well as many high school and youth dad/son teams. I can say the same exact words to 4 different players, at the same time, and I can get 4 completely different demonstrations of what I just said. The different interpretations of what seems to be simple obvious instruction will amaze you.....if you teach.

There is no substitute for hands on, in person instruction.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you explain exactly why you think CTE is ridiculous? Stan has made multiple posts, taught multiple ppl (including pros) and made multiple videos as well as DVDs explaining how it works. I think you could extend the same.

I am very aware that it doesn't work for everyone. I actually own the first Pro1 video and have leant it out to ppl who said they couldn't get it. I'm not sure if that is because of poor stroke, eye patterns or anything else because I never saw them try it in person.

I bought Stan's DVD as an experiment, just like I buy any other pool DVD as learning this game is just as much about what doesn't work as it is about what works. Thomas Edison didn't fail at making a light bulb over 700 times. He learned how not to make a light bulb over 700 times.

I took what I learned to the table and applied it. Sighting the ball like in the DVD came natural as that's how I did before. Getting down on the CB was completely unnatural and the pivot was obviously unnatural, but I made ball after ball.

I will say that I don't always use CTE. I haven't had enough time to dedicate to playing to make it part of my natural play style, but I certainly won't say it doesn't work.

Can you explain how I can watch a DVD, change my shot routine, do entirely new things and make ball after ball? I'm not talking about just simple shots, I'm talking about making 9/9 shots with the CB and OB on the spots using something for the very first time?

I just figured that since Stan took the time to make a DVD explaining how to make those shots using that method that you could explain to me why I shouldn't of made any of those shots.

Thank you for your comments!

Stan Shuffett

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I can demo that and work with most any student and they would see that it is absolutely true.

It may crack you up but when push comes to shove you do not have heart to put your money where your mouth is......
That can be tested easily enough with unbiased people and I will bet 2 to your one......

Stan Shuffett

Do you know if what I do is like cte ?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

What was it like in the 60's?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its VERY CLEAR....that you don't teach much.

I teach baseball/softball hitting. I have several professional clients who had career years after working with me and I have several college clients as well as many high school and youth dad/son teams. I can say the same exact words to 4 different players, at the same time, and I can get 4 completely different demonstrations on what I just said. The different interpretations of what seems to be simple obvious instruction will amaze you.....if you teach.

There is no substitute for hands on, in person instruction.

Perhaps when I am in your area after my book release I can help you with any of your concerns.
Since you seem genuinely interested, I am very happy to support you with some hands-on.
If you truly connect and like the system and see value for your clients I will offer a free clinic at your room once my book is out.
Perhaps your room could serve as CTE instructional center. I would love to see CTE take off in your great facility.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

There was a time when I was about through with CTE & CJ came out with TOI here.

I was not convinced about TOI as I have been spinning the ball for about 45+ yrs. at that time. I certainly had my doubts. CJ gave me some advice about how to do the parallel shift to the inside to make 'sure' that there was no pivot. It worked in getting me more into TOI.

If you have not spent a straight 3 hours hitting every shot with TOI as CJ highly suggests then it is a bit easy to dismiss it. But 3 straight hours with it can open one's mind to it & what the possibilities are.

I've hit many tough shots to win games or get to the winner & then win by using TOI as CJ presented it.

I"d suggest you give it those 3 straight hours with it before putting it on that shelf way in the back.

Best Wishes.

PS I consider myself more of a feel player & TOI is a better fit, to me, for those types of players.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Stan. Keep me informed of those dates. I would like to attend the CTE Classes.

Thank you
randyg

Pleinairrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought I was the only one lol. I got up to the manual pivot but the "pro one" body shift into position I didn't get. I only got the first DVD. Maybe it was explained better on the SECOND DVD??