CTE pro one DVD

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those that are able to drop all they think or have ever learned about aiming, I'm sure once step 2 clicks in they do it just like you say.....see it, do it.

The same can be said with players that just "see the shot" too, or players that have mastered any other method or system of aiming. Once your subconscious takes over, the system steps are automatically done instantaneously

You don't get it and I don't think you ever will. It's apples and organges. CTE is under attack because I say it's apples and EVERTHING else is organges. You say EVERTHING is organges....

PRO players can not tell you how they consciously get to center cue ball for making their adjustment for how they have to aim because they have to point away from the contact point. Just because it can be done does mean that it has a concrete explanation.....According to Dan and Lou and Bob and Dr Dave.....it's experience from hitting a million balls. SEE and tweak.

CTE is see and align to what is know and can be described.

Stan Shuffett

I thought everything was oranges. You're right. I thought you referred to subconscious aiming at one point, which would surely put CTE into the same category as other subconscious aiming techniques, and would only be apples and oranges when comparing the different learning processes.

So is there ever a point when CTE Pro1 becomes embedded into the brain, such as visual shot images for quick and accurate recall? Or is it always meant to be a visual, analytical/systematic type of aiming? I mean, is it always apples while everything else is always oranges?

I won't derail the thread anymore with any out-of-the-cte-box thinking. Because you are right....I don't get it. But it's been my experience that probing questions or comments from people who don't get it, regardless of the topic or what "it" is, can help someone else get it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@Brian: I have essentially given up on this whole topic until the book comes out. One thing I can say, Stan better have a spot on, detailed, no BS with made up terminology explanation for how CTE works and how anybody can do it. He's been promising that ever since he announced his new 38 chapter book in the works. I wish I had made a note every time Stan said "all will be explained" regarding what he called the "mystery" of CTE. Some have said that there will be no explanation forthcoming in the book or else it already would have been divulged. Allowing inane back and forth ad infinitum is really perverse if one of the participants has the answer but won't clear up a 20 year old issue until the book comes out this year, or maybe next year, or whenever. We'll see. Reputations are at stake, IMO.

You can bet there will be some new terminology. I am going to explain something that has never been explained before. I can't explain apples with oranges terminology.
My explanation will be spot on and detailed for you to engage if you choose to do so.
Success is a choice and I seriously doubt that you will choose to be successful with CTE.
Hell, I wish there was a way that I could bet the farm on what your outcome will be without you laying down. There is no chance that you will ever under any circumstance give in to the narrative that CTE works as I describe it.

Stan Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can bet there will be some new terminology. I am going to explain something that has never been explained before. I can't explain apples with oranges terminology.
My explanation will be spot on and detailed for you to engage if you choose to do so.
Success is a choice and I seriously doubt that you will choose to be successful with CTE.
Hell, I wish there was a way that I could bet the farm on what your outcome will be without you laying down. There is no chance that you will ever under any circumstance give in to the narrative that CTE works as I describe it.

Stan Shuffett

One big misunderstanding you have is that you think the whole world is out to get you and "haters" like me and Lou and so on have some kind of vendetta against you for no apparent reason.

Let me say it one more time: Nothing would make me more happy than to find out that your system is 100% objective and allows a player to see all shots as essentially straight in shots by using the A,B,C and CTE line ups you teach. Who wouldn't want to be able to play like that? Speaking only for myself, I do not believe your system works anything the way you think it does, but I am perfectly happy to be proven wrong. I'll buy 10 books and pass them out to friends if you prove what you are saying in the new book. Yes, Spider, you can save that quote and use it against me in the future. Maybe I'll buy 100 books and pass them out.

At some point talk becomes cheap, though, and you actually have to produce. Why not just divulge the secret to the mystery and put everybody out of their mysery? I'd even pre-buy some books so you won't be giving it away for free. I'm sure everybody else would still buy the book even if the secret is out. Just consider it.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One big misunderstanding you have is that you think the whole world is out to get you and "haters" like me and Lou and so on have some kind of vendetta against you for no apparent reason.

Let me say it one more time: Nothing would make me more happy than to find out that your system is 100% objective and allows a player to see all shots as essentially straight in shots by using the A,B,C and CTE line ups you teach. Who wouldn't want to be able to play like that? Speaking only for myself, I do not believe your system works anything the way you think it does, but I am perfectly happy to be proven wrong. I'll buy 10 books and pass them out to friends if you prove what you are saying in the new book. Yes, Spider, you can save that quote and use it against me in the future. Maybe I'll buy 100 books and pass them out.

At some point talk becomes cheap, though, and you actually have to produce. Why not just divulge the secret to the mystery and put everybody out of their mysery? I'd even pre-buy some books so you won't be giving it away for free. I'm sure everybody else would still buy the book even if the secret is out. Just consider it.

You sure still make a lot of post about CTE after you have said numerous times that you will leave it alone. What a joke! When you consistently prove your word means nothing, why should anyone believe anything you say? As to the proving, it has been proven to you many times. You just don't want to accept the proof. You will always rail against CTE, because that is who you are. You are no different than those that are against Trump.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think the whole world is out to get me or tear down CTE. In fact, I know that's not the case. It's only handful of bonafide CTE haters. I don't even think it's personal. it's more of a neurotic loathing that CTE could possibly be.

I don't waste any time worrying about if you will get it.....CTE is going to spread around the world and there ain't a damn thing that you can do to stop it. More and more people are going to get it than you ever dreamed possible.

Stan Shuffett

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought everything was oranges. You're right. I thought you referred to subconscious aiming at one point, which would surely put CTE into the same category as other subconscious aiming techniques, and would only be apples and oranges when comparing the different learning processes.

So is there ever a point when CTE Pro1 becomes embedded into the brain, such as visual shot images for quick and accurate recall? Or is it always meant to be a visual, analytical/systematic type of aiming? I mean, is it always apples while everything else is always oranges?

I won't derail the thread anymore with any out-of-the-cte-box thinking. Because you are right....I don't get it. But it's been my experience that probing questions or comments from people who don't get it, regardless of the topic or what "it" is, can help someone else get it.

You came up with an aiming system for amateurs. Good for you. I mean that. Not many have the desire to try and help others, you did. And, you thought outside of the box to figure out your system.

That said, you have been told several times that there still is much you do not know about aiming. You take it as insults, when it is just fact. You have shown it to be true. At some point, you have to come to that realization, and then do what you started out to do. Which is help the amateurs. Don't go trying to get into methodology arguments with experts on the subject. Their knowledge is much greater than yours, and you can't win. All you can do is make yourself look bad. I don't think that is what you want. Instead of trying to argue, try a little humility and try and learn from them. If you do that, it will serve you well.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Stan. You don't know me. I will buy the book because that's what I do.....I satisfy my curiosity any time the opportunity is there. I also hope Dennis and others benefit from your DVDs, because I want good pool players everywhere in every place I go. The pool scene needs a great revival!

Come to think of it, I'll buy the book unless it's rediculously overpriced. Like I say in my own book, pool players are eager to spend 29.99 or 49.99 or higher if they think the I material is worth the price. And even though, over the last 30 years, I've bought about every pool book written (and learned something from each), only two or three come to mind that I feel were worth the price I paid. Try to keep yours under $50..lol. (My pool book budget is shrinking)

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the whole world is out to get me or tear down CTE. In fact, I know that's not the case. It's only handful of bonafide CTE haters. I don't even think it's personal. it's more of a neurotic loathing that CTE could possibly be.

I don't waste any time worrying about if you will get it.....CTE is going to spread around the world and there ain't a damn thing that you can do to stop it. More and more people are going to get it than you ever dreamed possible.

Stan Shuffett

Stan, please reread my post. I am on your side, no kidding. I think you have a lot of work to do to prove your point and I am happy if you can. I'm not sure what more I can say. You'll note that I generally stay away from the details of CTE since you've said many times that the book will discuss it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan. You don't know me. I will buy the book because that's what I do.....I satisfy my curiosity any time the opportunity is there. I also hope Dennis and others benefit from your DVDs, because I want good pool players everywhere in every place I go. The pool scene needs a great revival!

Come to think of it, I'll buy the book unless it's rediculously overpriced. Like I say in my own book, pool players are eager to spend 29.99 or 49.99 or higher if they think the I material is worth the price. And even though, over the last 30 years, I've bought about every pool book written (and learned something from each), only two or three come to mind that I feel were worth the price I paid. Try to keep yours under $50..lol. (My pool book budget is shrinking)

It won't be under $50. I will be at or near 40G with publishing not counting my 3000 plus hours in putting it together and 18 months of lost lesson income.
My book will be a book but also a comprehensive CTE manual. The cost will be around $70 plus or minus for USA orders.
The book will 12,x10. I just completed one chapter that alone contains more than 100 pictures and 25 or so diagrams.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It won't be under $50. I will be at or near 40G into publishing not counting my 3000 plus hours in putting it together and 18 months of lost lesson income.
My book will be a book but also a comprehensive CTE manual. The cost will be around $70 plus or minus for USA orders.
The book will 12,x10. I just completed one chapter that alone contains more than 100 pictures and 25 or so diagrams.

Stan Shuffett

Sounds like it's about the same size as Mark Wilson's book and his was $70.

Maybe you have the same printer?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like it's about the same size as Mark Wilson's book and his was $70.

Maybe you have the same printer?

Quite a bit larger than Mark's.
At least an inch more in height and close to two inches wider.
It will be quite substantial in size.
Not the same publishing company.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'll buy 10 books and pass them out to friends if you prove what you are saying in the new book. Yes, Spider, you can save that quote and use it against me in the future. Maybe I'll buy 100 books and pass them out.

I don't have to save any quotes or use it against you in the future. You and a few select others may very well be on the "DO NOT SELL TO LIST" to not even get ONE.

So save your blowhard words and threats. Your money is no good.

Instead, take your money and go purchase a large, fluffy, crying towel and cry in it.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You came up with an aiming system for amateurs. Good for you. I mean that. Not many have the desire to try and help others, you did. And, you thought outside of the box to figure out your system.

That said, you have been told several times that there still is much you do not know about aiming. You take it as insults, when it is just fact. You have shown it to be true. At some point, you have to come to that realization, and then do what you started out to do. Which is help the amateurs. Don't go trying to get into methodology arguments with experts on the subject. Their knowledge is much greater than yours, and you can't win. All you can do is make yourself look bad. I don't think that is what you want. Instead of trying to argue, try a little humility and try and learn from them. If you do that, it will serve you well.

Thanks for the advice.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Where's the beef?

That guy Newton sure thought he had gravity all figured out. He even wrote a book explaining it. Sure the technique he developed works to a remarkable degree and with high precision but he never does explain what gravity is. He just passed it off as a force at a distance. A "mystery". It took Einstein to show it's not a force. His refinement of the technique using curved space-time is more accurate. But the quantum technique uses gravitons to explain it and the detection of a gravity wave backs up their theory. What's going on here? Reps are at stake!

If anyone doesn't get a explanation of how Pro One works to their personal mathematical satisfaction, get over it. It's a complicated spherical geometry calculation and I don't think Stan gives a rat's patootie about solving it. He looks to be pretty busy at present telling people how to use his discoveries. Maybe someone will turn up to explain it mathematically, maybe not.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@Brian: I have essentially given up on this whole topic until the book comes out. One thing I can say, Stan better have a spot on, detailed, no BS with made up terminology explanation for how CTE works and how anybody can do it. He's been promising that ever since he announced his new 38 chapter book in the works. I wish I had made a note every time Stan said "all will be explained" regarding what he called the "mystery" of CTE. Some have said that there will be no explanation forthcoming in the book or else it already would have been divulged. Allowing inane back and forth ad infinitum is really perverse if one of the participants has the answer but won't clear up a 20 year old issue until the book comes out this year, or maybe next year, or whenever. We'll see. Reputations are at stake, IMO.

Promises were made about the first DVD "revealing all." After it came out, and questions remained, that was a bit of a problem for some folks. Hopefully, the book will be more definitive.

Lou Figueroa
and the 2nd DVD

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
It won't be under $50. I will be at or near 40G with publishing not counting my 3000 plus hours in putting it together and 18 months of lost lesson income.

Stan Shuffett

$40,000! I've been in the book business for about 15 years....sounds like you're​ getting ripped off. A friend of mine went through a publisher, spent a few thousand dollars, and now has hundreds of his books collecting dust in his garage. In fact, last year I purchased 50 hardback copies of Kid Delicious's book at an auction. Got all 50 for $10. It got me wondering just how much money he may have lost on his book deal.

I guess $70 will be my new limit!:smile:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

No hating or loathing, I just have not seen how it can work.

And it's not a question as to whether I would use it. I am, after all, a self-admitted member of the great unwashed, being a "feel" player. But even so, even I was able to find ample merit in Poolology because it made sense and after just a few pages of reading it's intuitive enough that anyone can make it work.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Same here. I'm looking forward to reading the book. I own lots of them on aiming systems and its always interesting to read about them.

Lou Figueroa