CTE Pro One Visual Sweep versus Manual Pivot

5am

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the inside or outside sweep to center the same as the 1/2 tip sweep in or outside with a manual pivot to center? In other words, instead of manual pivot, am I to just sweep to the inside or the outside center of the shoot line from my perceived fixed CB to OB position along the 15, 30, 45, or 60 degree lines?

Whew, that was a mouthful. I hope I made myself clear. It just seems that Stan used to talk of the manual pivot, but now its just "sweeps" to the inside or outside. In fact, I think I heard him say in one video that the outside or inside sweep to the shoot line takes the place of or is the same as the 1/2 tip manual pivot.

If I'm doing/seeing it right, why the change? Is the sweep just more accurate than a manual pivot?

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the inside or outside sweep to center the same as the 1/2 tip sweep in or outside with a manual pivot to center? In other words, instead of manual pivot, am I to just sweep to the inside or the outside center of the shoot line from my perceived fixed CB to OB position along the 15, 30, 45, or 60 degree lines?

Whew, that was a mouthful. I hope I made myself clear. It just seems that Stan used to talk of the manual pivot, but now its just "sweeps" to the inside or outside. In fact, I think I heard him say in one video that the outside or inside sweep to the shoot line takes the place of or is the same as the 1/2 tip manual pivot.

If I'm doing/seeing it right, why the change? Is the sweep just more accurate than a manual pivot?

Manual pivots:
1) have a factor of bridge lengths....
2) not good on stretched shots...

Visual sweeps:

1) Eliminates bridge length factor
2) Natural, and feels natural...
3) looks beautiful and intimidating

Manual Pivot upgrade:
1) there will come a time, specially on stretched shots wherein manual or sweep could be at disadvantage, its like disguised pivot..... or air manual pivot...

something like that... pardon for my poor English.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member

I told you to leave this stuff alone, Since you tried implementing it your game dropped a ball so how is this working out for you? I guess I can always increase the spot I give you :grin:

5am

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I told you to leave this stuff alone, Since you tried implementing it your game dropped a ball so how is this working out for you? I guess I can always increase the spot I give you :grin:

There's always a learning curve, my sideline sniping nemesis....

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this mean something? I mean, you know, like, in real life, where words mean things?

Oh wait... CTE. Never mind.

pj
chgo

The definition of NEVER MIND for you is tucking your tail and running from a 20/1 bet on something said to be fact in a previous thread. Very weak.....

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still no mention of what it means.

Hmm...

pj
chgo

Since you need to be spoonfed.....

CTE PRO ONE is conducive and is natural in allowing the rotations or sweeps that occur by most all players into center cue ball.

CTE goes way beyond that but you'd have trouble swallowing the advanced material.

You have had years to try and grasp the basics but you can't and won't allow yourself to do so.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CTE PRO ONE is conducive and is natural in allowing the rotations or sweeps that occur by most all players into center cue ball.
Thanks Stan, but I still can't tell what that means.

pj <- maybe a language from another dimension that wasn't meant to be
chgo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Stan, but I still can't tell what that means.

pj <- maybe a language from another dimension that wasn't meant to be
chgo

YOU showed your hole cards when you said CTE alignments are the same as quarters alignments. My advice to you is not to speak about pool material that you are ignorant about.

Stan Shuffett

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
Does this mean something? I mean, you know, like, in real life, where words mean things?
Why don't you do us all a favour and just **** off out of CTE threads.

You contribute nothing but cynicism and arrogant pontifications.

Yeah! You tell him.

I mean, really, where does he get off asking a question like that? Just who the hell does he think he is? 'Does this mean something?' The very idea...

Of course it means something PJ, y'ignorant wretch! Doesn't it, cutemonster? ... It does, doesn't it?

I mean, it has to... right?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Why don't you do us all a favour and just **** off out of CTE threads.

You contribute nothing but cynicism and arrogant pontifications.
It's not permitted to question what's said about CTE? That sounds a lot like a religion. Is CTE an aiming system or a belief system?

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's not permitted to question what's said about CTE? That sounds a lot like a religion. Is CTE an aiming system or a belief system?

pj
chgo

You've been asking the same questions or variations of them for the last 17 years to disparage CTE or the creators, not learn. When are you going to stop making it your life mission to be the CTE troll and play pool the way you think it should be played and just be happy? Others can make their own minds up about what they want to use for aiming without your ongoing interference.

Your snide remarks about it being a religion, belief system, fractional aiming, illogical, impossible, etc., etc. are disgusting and have been for years. Don't you ever get tired of being Pat Johnson the troll and savior of the world?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

This post further indicates that you do not know anything about CTE. Your comment is a dumb comment.
How many years has this been discussed and you still have no clue what CTE is.

There is a lot of CTE material that I could discuss here and I would say it is of an advanced nature. Let me say this loud and clear, because of detractors and haters like you I have no desire or willingness to share further CTE knowledge on this site. ( That does not mean that what I know won't be shared elsewhere in some manner.)

It is a shame that the moderators allow the likes of you to stifle the sharing of CTE knowledge that can be helpful to others.

I hope the heck you are happy with your longstanding CTE hating tirade!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You've been asking the same questions or variations of them for the last 17 years
Which turns out to be the same amount of time that the same meaningless things are still being promoted as gospel. Go figure.

And still no answers. Remarkable, huh?

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Which turns out to be the same amount of time that the same meaningless things are still being promoted as gospel. Go figure.

And still no answers. Remarkable, huh?

pj
chgo

Rather than run your mouth as you have for almost two decades as the all knowing pool expert on CTE and everything else, you can provide those answers by getting off the keyboard and getting on the table using CTE exactly as Stan has explained it on the dvd's and video taping your proof of why it doesn't work. This wordsmithing crap is all you're good for. Prove it on video. Why are you so afraid to get on the table to bury it once and for all? It would be proof positive and everyone would be preaching your gospel, Lord Johnson.