CTE - SP's (sight points?) / SL's (sight lines?)

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
That is what its used for
I figured. I've done some searching and see it's an ACTION brand ball made in 2018. It appears to be discontinued and sold out. Sometimes I get involved in helping teach people to jump. This seems like it would be a great teaching tool. It's not available anymore so I guess it's back to talking about clock faces being perpendicular to the shaft.

Teaching jumps isn't that difficult, but this would really be a great visual aid.

Reactions: bbb

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look at a CB with, let's say, your right eye, you can move your head so that eye sees the center of the CB. This is the center that YOU see based on your eye position. Use a mark on the ball to mark this center. Now, while in this same exact position, without moving your head at all, shift your sight to see the right edge of the CB. You will quickly notice that the mark is no longer in the same center it was before (as long as you are still looking at the edge). The new center is the "stepped center". Shift eyes back to original position and the mark will again be in the center. This offset or shift in perceived CB center is used to determine the amount of pivot to use for any CTE shot. It yields the most objective shot line possible in my opinion. It's not a "feel" thing any more. Took me about a month on the table, every day, to "see" this. Others can get it in a day, and still others may never get it.....
Remind me what this has to do with the actual shot line? Well, not remind as that would imply that someone has already explained why stepping the ball has anything to do with the shot line.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The definition is<it looks right, shoot>
For certain ways of aiming and the person taking the shots it would. But "looking right" between one person and another could be totally different visuals. I'll give you your just due. You are a good player well above average and better than most. So, you're going to see it a lot more frequently than most and have success. The question is, how do you get the rest of the pool playing population to SEE the exact same thing? And what are you looking at and seeing specifically to give you that Ah-Ha moment to
pull the trigger and stroke?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For certain ways of aiming and the person taking the shots it would. But "looking right" between one person and another could be totally different visuals. I'll give you your just due. You are a good player well above average and better than most. So, you're going to see it a lot more frequently than most and have success. The question is, how do you get the rest of the pool playing population to SEE the exact same thing? And what are you looking at and seeing specifically to give you that Ah-Ha moment to
Remind me of what your definition is for the shot line?
I wouldn't expect any direct answers

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I think all aiming is self taught visualizing instructions, maybe a routine that one does to create the right look. I agree that what I see someone else may see it differently. doesn't mean it won't work.

Even when I line up a shot with my chin on the cue, then begin to raise my body upwards I create a totally different view of the shot. Still should be on the shot line but looks different.

Aiming System or not it's going to boil down to self taught visualization.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think all aiming is self taught visualizing instructions, maybe a routine that one does to create the right look. I agree that what I see someone else may see it differently. doesn't mean it won't work.

Aiming System or not it's going to boil down to self taught visualization.
Sure, it can be self taught. But not everyone has the time to live on a pool table for hours at a time and a bunch of years. They still might not get it down pat and only reach a certain level.

That's why pro instructors, videos, books all help shorten the learning curve in ALL sports. You're just one of those guys who fell in love with the game and became obsessed to dig it out of the dirt. So did I. But I ended up learning a lot more from those who reached the heights as players and top instructors to get better and more consistent.

So, what DO you see and try to line up with the CB and OB?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Remind me what this has to do with the actual shot line? Well, not remind as that would imply that someone has already explained why stepping the ball has anything to do with the shot line.
Remind me of what your definition is for the shot line?
I wouldn't expect any direct answers
This from a CTEr who has never given a direct answer, talking to another CTEr who has never given a direct answer, about a non-CTEr who gives more direct answers than all CTErs combined (but especially you two).

lol, I guess...

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This from a CTEr who has never given a direct answer, talking to another CTEr who has never given a direct answer, about a non-CTEr who gives more direct answers than all CTErs combined (but especially you two).

lol, I guess...

pj
chgo
And all of this from another non-CTEr who thinks he has ALL the answers pool related but when it comes to CTE he has NO CLUE for 25 years of his life and never will. Couldn't make me/us happier. Answers are in the book, CENTER POCKET MUSIC. Not here.

You had over 24 years of answers starting on RSB and every other pool forum but the most here. You didn't get it, you didn't want to get it, you fought it, you belittled it and the users, and you're still the same loser nobody in the world of pool with a half assed game. Who of us can't love that now since thousands are using it with success and discussing it daily on another forum?

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The question is, how do you get the rest of the pool playing population to SEE the exact same thing?
CTE of course! Or... if one has the desire to learn the game, many other aiming systems and practice time on the table. The practice time is the most important, even for CTE. I'm sure good CTE players have thousands of hours playing pool. I'm also sure that good "other" method players also have thousands of hours playing pool.

At some point you have to personally see the shot correctly for CTE to work. There are also many flavors of CTE taught. Those other flavors are also seeing the shot correctly, as is anyone who is playing at a high level. If CTE lets you get a "personal shot picture" then by all means use it!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol, I guess...

pj
chgo
Why would anybody answer you seriously with the way you’ve acted for over twenty years?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Why would anybody answer you seriously with the way you’ve acted for over twenty years?
We need to be more exact with the time spent. If you Google - how many days have passed from September 12, 1997
to today, the answer comes up in milliseconds. ANSWER - 8,897 days! ROTFLMAO! 1/3 OF HIS LIFE!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
A long time to be obsessed with me. Hope I've been worth it. 😘

pj
chgo
Fortunately, I wasn't around for the RSB years and early AZB years which eliminated 10 years or more of your insane
obsession with CTE and those who learned it from Hal. What you've been worth is :poop::poop::poop::poop:
(n)

Last edited: