Cube Shape vs. Oval Shape (TAOM Chalk)

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, there’s one clear winner when it comes to pool chalk for cleanliness which is the most important characteristic,
at least for me. Absent that, all chalks do the same thing which is to create friction. That’s why the golden rule used to
be “chalk after every shot”.

Regardless of the brand chalk one uses, if you apply it improperly, which I see so many players of all ages do, the chalk
doesn’t last long. And if it isn’t a designer type chalk, i.e., expensive, rest assured applying it incorrectly really just creates
a needless mess.

TAOM chalk has distinguished itself from all the other chalks I’ve tried. I was an ardent fan of Blue Diamond chalk for
years. Then I was given a piece of TAOM as a Xmas present 2 years ago. Wow…….you can play for hours on end and not leave any chalk marks on the cue ball and forget about creating any chalk dust or debris. It ain’t gonna happen with TAOM Chalk which is why it’s popular.

The only gripe I’ve had with TAOM Chalk is the shape. And God forbid you dropped it on a hard surface. The darn chalk shape invites a lot of rolling on the floor. Anyone ever have to search long and hard to find their chalk after dropping it in a pool hall? And for decades I have used a cube shape chalk which just feels better in my hand and a much better shape to brush apply expensive chalk to my cue tip.

Pagulayan Chalk. Is made by TAOM. It is supposed to use a slightly different formula but absolutely comparable to
TAOM V10 and Pyro. It comes in light green and blue and appearance wise, it is identical to original TAOM, except
In one regard. It is cube shaped, not round.

Personally, I think TAOM wanted to release a cube version but didn’t want to have to offer two shapes. So they
worked out a deal for a top pro to endorse under their own name a version of TAOM in a cube shape. I don’t know
that’s true but why else even make a cube?

Well, I’ve used the chalk for awhile and it’s fantastic. The price is identical to TAOM and the shape is so much better,
IMO. I apply chalk every other shot now instead of every shot before I started using TAOM. A box of 2 cubes comes
In a nifty box. You should really give it a try sometime.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bava, do you have a recommended vendor? I still have some magic chalk in my stash, but it’s not going to last forever. Thx, Shooter08

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bava, do you have a recommended vendor? I still have some magic chalk in my stash, but it’s not going to last forever. Thx, Shooter08
I bought 4 cubes for $20 each and $7.00 shipping for an $87 tab and wasn’t assessed sales tax. I located it by using a Google search for Pagulayan Chalk and his banner automatically populated to buy this chalk. They contacted me asking for the pool halls I played at and contact information. It seemed like they were trying to market direct but I don’t know that to be true. To the best of my knowledge, they haven’t established a distributor network yet. You can reach them via messaging……team@pagulayan.net or their store (Pagulayan.net).I There maybe a business opportunity awaiting you.

Reactions: bbb

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
After Covid hit, door to door sales died. I’m debating getting the machine back up, but Viking, Pechauer, Schon, Jacoby, Kamui, and JB sales are tough to come by w the competition. Bob is building so few cues I don’t even want to ask him for anything.