Cue auction for Ukraine🇺🇦**

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
beautiful cue. did you get that cue during the time frame of the $100 deal?
I got the Ukraine butterfly blank during the Butterfly deal for $100. I received it on Jan 2023. Anton had reached out on Dec 2022 to see if I wanted a whole cue or just the blank. I wanted just the blank

i got the blank into Brandon Jacoby’s hands at the 2023 Super Billiards Expo in April, and he got me my finished cue Dec 2023.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Ukraine butterfly blank during the Butterfly deal for $100. I received it on Jan 2023. Anton had reached out on Dec 2022 to see if I wanted a whole cue or just the blank. I wanted just the blank

i got the blank into Brandon Jacoby’s hands at the 2023 Super Billiards Expo in April, and he got me my finished cue Dec 2023.
really nice looking cue !!!

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is correct, I sent $100 back when the war started and have not gotten a cue so far. He has my email and info. It's understandable.

Did you email him about not getting a cue or is this post, in a public forum, the first communication you have had with him?

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you email him about not getting a cue or is this post, in a public forum, the first communication you have had with him?
I emailed him couple days ago when I saw this thread start. Said I sent him 100 originally via paypal which has my info and he now has a reminder and my email. Nothing. I understand it's a war but appears about half the people who send $$ got a cue.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I emailed him couple days ago when I saw this thread start. Said I sent him 100 originally via paypal which has my info and he now has a reminder and my email. Nothing. I understand it's a war but appears about half the people who send $$ got a cue.

I think Kharkiv had been without power for the most part the last week. But I seem to remember an update he posted about his progress in fulfilling orders sometime in the last month or two.

Edit: I found the update about pending orders: https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...llsplice-cue-for-donation.541461/post-7793451

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I think Kharkiv had been without power for the most part the last week. But I seem to remember an update he posted about his progress in fulfilling orders sometime in the last month or two.

Edit: I found the update about pending orders: https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...llsplice-cue-for-donation.541461/post-7793451
Mine is on it's way to the US, went out of the port on it's way to the destination country. He's filling them still, but like you mentioned, he's in a war zone, things aren't business as usual, but he's doing an outstanding job!

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I sent $ for the people of Ukraine. I hope I ultimately get a cue, because it will mean Ukraine is at least holding her own. My truest hope is that I don't get the cue until the despotic Putin is vanquished from this world, because I cannot imagine any joy in playing with the cue if I got it and then Ukraine fell. If I do not ultimately get a cue, it will probably mean that Ukraine has fallen, or Anton and his friends have come to a bad end, whichever were the case, it would be a far more grievous injury than my not a getting a cue.

This is serious business. Europe may have proximity, but communism and political tyranny pose a worldwide threat.

All glory to Ukraine and her courageous people!

Last edited:

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hello everyone!
Thank you very much for your support!

There are 43 cues to go for now. I appreciate those who said they don't expect a cue, you'll get a cue from me anyway :)
Just putting you to the end of the queue, so the Butterfly Efect system may work properly.

I've chosen the simpliest model and obtainable components so $100 may cover selfcost of the cue + delivery and left something for a donation. Now it's about $15 from a cue. And it's quite good help, frontline stands on small donations from huge amount of people. Today I've got $100 from Jeff and $15 goes to batteries for FPV drones. I'm pretty sure he've came from this thread :)

Also here is the list of trusted volunteers

Many of them have websites and socials with a lot of info.

Anyway, besides closing the debt, my goal for now is to add a bit uniqueness to the design. And speed up the processing, so you get a cue shipped straight after donation. I have an ideas, working on it.

All info from the challenge I'm also collecting here

As for the parameters.
Weight is constant, but you can request any. As well as length, tip and butt diameters.
For the joint pin I've chosen steel metric M6 with metal insert. It's strong and durable. Radial pin is great, but it won't left a place for donation, so the main reason is the cost.
If you want a cue blank instead of a cue, just let me know.

Appreciate your patience and support very much!
Butterfly Effect Challenge is still actual.
Feel free to email me with any questions and proposals: shurikencues@gmail.com

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
I bid $500
$500 sounds like the real deal!

So the winner gets one more cue from me.

And

The next 10 people who donate $100 for the challenge will get their cues ASAP. (estimated processing time 1 month + delivery).
Parameters such as weight, length, tip and butt diameters are custom.

Sneak peek for the logo I'm gonna use for the cues. When covered with blood Ukrainian flag turns black and red.

JUNQ0e4.jpeg

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, how many others have received a finished cue from Ukraine for the Butterfly $100 challenge? If you have please pipe up. Thanks.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
These are really nice quality blanks. If you give them to a great cuemaker, you get a great cue. I just got back from playing 3 hours with the "Gambler" style cue that Joe Callaluca built for me.

I think it is amazing and surreal for these guys to be doing this level of cuebuilding, while a war goes on all around them...

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpeg
    IMG_0339.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 41

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
These are really nice quality blanks. If you give them to a great cuemaker, you get a great cue. I just got back from playing 3 hours with the "Gambler" style cue that Joe Callaluca built for me.

I think it is amazing and surreal for these guys to be doing this level of cuebuilding, while a war goes on all around them...
Joe you always take fantastic pictures, but they just don't capture how nice of a build this is. Brian.