BUTTERFLY EFFECT CHALLENGE - fullsplice cue for donation

Clement

Just wanted to pop by this thread to mention that I received my cue a week or so ago (I am located in Singapore).

Just came back from vacation and have not shot with it yet but so far, the cue looks great and the balance is what I requested for.

Will update with photos when I have the time to head to a pool hall ;)

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to pop by this thread to mention that I received my cue a week or so ago (I am located in Singapore).

Just came back from vacation and have not shot with it yet but so far, the cue looks great and the balance is what I requested for.

Will update with photos when I have the time to head to a pool hall ;)

Photos please :)

Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Anton recently confirmed that I am on his list. This, and the fact that y'all are reporting deliveries, reassured me to such a degree that I told Anton to move my name to the end of his list. It is also nice to hear that the cues are as good as they are, but then again, I knew from the beginning that my Ukrainian Cue would be something that I, and my family, would treasure forever. I sure hope that everyone else likewise appreciates their cue -- as I am often reminded here, it's not about the arrow, it's about the Indian.

Now to the more important subject, each and every one of us needs to write our Congressmen and urge them vote ASAP to fund Ukraine's effort to exterminate the russian vermin both within and without her borders. Speaking of borders, I know all about our immigration issues, but the larger issue here is the future of a free and democratic Ukraine with which we have already cast our lot as an ally which asks only for arms, not blood, from us. What kind of man or country turns a back on a friend fighting for very existence?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Butterfly Effect Challenge Journey

Received the communication that my blank was ready about a year ago. I decided on just the blank and to send it to a cuemaker to finish it. I decided on Brandon Jacoby at this year's SBE for several reasons, one of which was for him to build with Schuler SLC specifications. That way, all may favorite Schuler-fit shafts would still be in play. I also wanted to go a little unique, so rather than keep the blank as a single-piece butt, I decide to have it cut and have a handle installed. I favor Irish Linen, so a pressed black wrap was the order of the day.

Here's my take on the Butterfly Effect Challenge. Thank you, Anton!
IMG_4606.jpg
IMG_4608.jpg
Ukraine Forearm Jacoby Schuler SLC.jpg
IMG_4603.jpg
IMG_4604.jpg

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hello Friends,

First of all the Challenge is still actual and it will be actual to the end of the war (or to the end of the world, whatever you like more).

Conditions are simple:

You donate $100 to bzhtry@gmail.com and get a cue with yellow and blue butterfly splices. Shipping is free Worldwide.

With the donation left your contact information and shipping address or email it to shurikencues@gmail.com

All rised funds go to actual fundrisings from the trusted volunteers. Check the link, send a few bucks straight to them, share.

All information from the Challenge is collected in this thread.

The main idea is the donation with getting a playing pool cue as a reward for your solicitude.

Cuemaking line is all set and ready to almost everything. The process is constant, stable and decentralised. My participation is minimal now and I’m working to make it fully automatic. As long as there is Internet, Digital money and Mail you’ll get your cue.
So don’t waste your bucks on something that makes you fat or stupid. Join the Shuriken Army today!

I finally came up with the optimal Butterfly Effect cue.
It is complete pool cue with a white shaft made of Hornbeam black, white, yellow and blue. The model is called Arrow 2p.

Butterfly-effect-cue-768x1024.jpg

Parameters are the followed:

Length: 60 inches (30\30)
Weight: 19oz
Tip: 12mm
Butt: 30mm
All these parameters are custom.

Any other custom request is possible, but will cost some extras. So I’ve created a special section that called a “Butterfly Effect Synergy” on our website.

This pool cue is ought to be $100 shipped and we’ll keep it this way.

Thanks for reading!
Stay strong! Keep up making good deeds!

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hello Friends!

+2 $100 donations, I appreciate your support very much, thank you!

Selfcost of a cue + delivery cost $80, thus any extra amount from $80 will go to any actual fundrisings from the trusted volunteers.

Today it's $40.

I'm sending this money to HEAVY METAL VOLUNTEERS from Kharkiv. Now they rising funds to buy 11 thermal vision Pulsar Yukon Nordforce XQ35.
The cost is $12000. More than a half amount is collected already.
So if you like Rock'n'Roll go ahead and send those fellows a few bucks: https://mssg.me/hmv.ua

HMV_logo_vatar_1701942610526.jpeg

+2 cues in work for me.
39 of 89 are sent for now. 50 more to go.
Thanks for your patience and support!

39of89.jpg

Ukraine is about people, not just square meters. Check this Queen + Paul Rodgers live in my hometown Kharkiv 2008:

350000 people, the biggest live event in my life.
To buy these thermal visions we need 2400 people to send $5. And volunteer soldiers on the front line will see when agressor is coming at night, as well with constant flying metal shit called "shahed" and exterminate them.

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
Nearby disaster recently. Many civils are dead, 8 y.o. girl with mother. Send a few $ to Paypal bzhtry@gmail.com. All $ from the donations next 10 days will be sent to her father. All donations from $100 will get a cue in UA flag colors.

oE3l5F8.jpeg

The challenge is keep going. Like I've said we have prepared the processing line all along the UA area.

IgNZ3iv.jpeg

Please pm a few words about TX. Is it real or what?
I hope none of you romanticize a war, revolutions, other violent stuff from videogames and movies.
War is death, fear and suffering. Mental and physical.

At least you have ammo and can allow yourself such a party without brutal consequences 👍
Example of freedom from my perspective

0E0qNiq.jpeg

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hello Friends!
+2 cues for the challenge, 7 in the processing already for the next bunch. Slowly but surely.

D5KFsw4.jpeg

id1G2Cl.jpeg

$50 from these were sent to fpv drones for Freicorps group from the list of our trusted volunteers

a few sentences on the situation from my perspective:
New Ukrainian C-in-C has extremely bad reputation among soldiers.
Ukrainian politicians who have openly called for separatism and russian occupation in 2014 now dealing with EU politicians on official level.
Lack of ammo and men (russian artilery x10, russian troops x7 on some hot directions).
Legalising weapons law has failed, tightening mobilization law has passed.

Smells like old dictatorship soviet shit. Hybrid war, hybrid occupation.

No trust to any politician on the whole Planet. Only hi-tech that able to unite caring people's efforts.

3rd assault brigade is on the hottest direction right now. Couple bucks from you are extremely needed here
Paypal: charitableorganizationab3@gmail.com

Hope you haven't waste your time watching hyped putin's interview. This quote from him is just enough to describe what's happening in the middle of Europe right now: "hitler has been dead for 80 years, but his cause lives on".
So f***ing true...

9zN3WuO.jpeg
Z0YrB6a.jpeg

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
we all know it sucks and wish you all well. unless the war goes to them and hard and painful, their people will not stop it from inside. and that is the only real hope.
we all want you to win but likely result will be a smaller country than 2014 but part of nato with protection.
but miracles do happen if the bad implode from inside.

i hope the world sees what happens again and again when you disarm your people and expect a weak army to protect.
if you all had ar15's and ak47's shooting from apartment windows when they came charging in, things might be different.

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
we all know it sucks and wish you all well. unless the war goes to them and hard and painful, their people will not stop it from inside. and that is the only real hope.
we all want you to win but likely result will be a smaller country than 2014 but part of nato with protection.
but miracles do happen if the bad implode from inside.

i hope the world sees what happens again and again when you disarm your people and expect a weak army to protect.
if you all had ar15's and ak47's shooting from apartment windows when they came charging in, things might be different.
It is true, only russians or total military defeat of russia can finish this war.

By "smaller country" you mean an occupation of my home. Live in occupation or leave everything and move to the West are for sure better options than death. Let it be. Life is the most precious thing and definitely worth much more than territory. I am a Human and the whole Planet Earth is my home.

Accepting a partial occupation of Ukraine does bring piece for a few years. Also it will create a perfect field for the next step of invasion. which is inavitable if russia wins.

The most skilled ukrainian soldiers are dead and those who still fights are outnumbered and supplied mostly by volunteers. Keeping russian war machine far from the EU borders for 2 years now. But with lack of ammo and people it can't last forever. If democratic authorities are too greedy to share weapons with ukrainians than they will pay with lives of their soldiers and terror attacks on civils instead. WW3 hybrid war extends far beyond the battlefield in the East of Ukraine - mind control, protests, migrants, terror, violence, bribes, disinformation, etc are all weapons of this war.

russia is negotiatiable only from the weak position. But backed by china, iran and north korea now their position are way stronger than so to say Democratic Coalition around Ukraine.

Obviously NATO is a fake organisation that is not able to guarantee nothing towards russia, china, iran and north korea. In fact we live in a world where a word value less than muscle. Unfortunately.

It is painful to see disarming of Ukraine from the past (tu 22m3 in Poltava) with guarantees of territorial integrity from nuclear countries.
FgZDrsQ.jpeg

It is painful to see scattered Ukrainian wheat on Poland. Too hard to harvest it on mined fields.
NQHPzBS.jpeg

Anyway, historical events are happening right now in Ukraine. Believe it or not, the result of this war will define the system of control people for centuries. As well as the political map of Europe and the whole World.

Is this still active?
The challenge is still actual and it will be until the end of the war. For $100 to bzhtry@gmail.com Paypal you will get a butterfly cue in Ukrainian colors. Money goes to materials, delivery and trusted fundrisings. Terms of processing is hard to predict, but the queue is slowly moving. I appreciate your support very much! I hope this thread will remain forever and every one of you will be an owner of the cue with a story. I bet in 10 years it will cost much more than $100

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I missed the email you sent when the cue was finished, it got caught in my spam folder. I sent an email confirming my address, just wanted to let you know on here. Thanks!

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hello Friends!
First I want to thank everyone who waits. Thank you! I appreciate it very much.
Cuebuilding requires patience. As well as Billiards itself.
There is the next bunch of cues complete and ready for shipping. Please check your emails to confirm address or send it to me in any comfortable way (shurikencues@gmail.com).

Butterfly Effect Challenge is still actual. All donations from $100 to bzhtry@gmail.com Paypal will get a cue in UA colors. All profit goes to fundrisings of our trusted volunteers.

46 cues are finished, 5 in the processing right now, 42 waiting.

sQ6IA82.jpeg

NEWS:
I've sent a bunch of cues and blanks to my friend Don
So in a couple weeks they will be available for sale in the US.

KClfUKH.jpeg

All profit from these beauties I'm gonna invest to process and ship 42 cues left from the challenge. When the dept is closed things will go much faster.

Also check the lottery for a Mars cue on our website!

WAR NEWS:

War is a man-made disaster. It is an enormous irretrievable waste of Human lives and resources. I condemn any type of violence. No gloating on the russian tragedy at all. Even though ISIS has claimed responsibility, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be used by russian authorities to aggro the society against ukrainians and generate a new curl of escalation. Nothing good for Ukraine here. Just the same terror actions were after every russian elections throughout 24 years of putin's govern. The most popular terror event have become a meme called "ryazan sugar".
Long story short: there was a set of explosions on civil buildings. terrorists were caught by civils on planting sacks with hexogen into a basement of a big multi flats house. Police officer has reported it live on TV. The caught terrorists appeared to be a members of FSB (russian analog of FBI). Then authorities said it was a training and the sacks was with sugar. Then was the second war in Chechnya... Then Georgia, now Ukraine. And this cycle won't stop by itself.

Russian hybrid war tactics is described by the acronym DARVO – deny, attack, and reverse victim and offender.

Ukrainian cities on the front line at this very moment are demolish by 500-3000 ton bombs called "FAB". At the same time Ukrainian critical infrastructure (electricity, water) are suffering from Shahed drones, balistic rockets and missiles. Amount of everyday attacks is huge. Tangible lack of air defence.

A1xHLtr.jpeg

At the same time Ukrainian long range drones hit russian Oil refineries. Looks like a mosquito bite comparing to russian missile strikes, but still better than nothing. No fuel - no moving for war machines.
1000km front line holds mostly by volunteer efforts. The majority of ukrainian authorities are cover their own asses. More than 500 000 people in general have been murdered or injured at the moment.

Comparing map, the distance of war zone is similar to Chicago - Washington (600-650 miles)
ql7Owu9.jpeg

At the same time there are russian armed units who are ally to Ukraine and fight against putin on russian territory. They are a few yet, but the only hope for the beloved Mother Russia civilised future. Good luck! Donate a few $ to them directly

FPV drones and bombers, AI aim systems for FPV drones, long range hypersonic missiles, long range artillery shells. We need those as many as possible and as fast as possible to stop the russian zombie zerg rush before it is too late.

Anton_Bzh3

shurikencues@gmail.com
Silver Member
I was wondering the same thing myself.
Yes, it is still active. Cues are building and sending gradually.
There are 44 cues to go for now, 46 have been sent and 5 are in the processing.

Also @evergruven has made a good bust. The auction for his cue from the challenge. The winner will get 1 extra cue from me. Also 10 donators who will participate the Challenge from this moment will get their cues in 1 - 1.5 month. Gonna use the money from the auction for materials.
Parameters such as weight, length, tip and butt diameters are custom. Feel free to request a cue blank instead of a cue.

Today I've got $110 from Malcolm, $25 will go to the one of actual fundrisings from the list of our trusted volunteers. The rest money goes for processing the cues from the queue and shipping.
Malcolm will get his cue in 1.5 month as well as @Jimmorrison who has the highest bid on the auction at the moment.

For this challenge I've chosen the simpliest model and obtainable components so $100 may cover selfcost of the cue + delivery and left something for a donation. Now it's about $15 from a cue. And it's quite good help, frontline stands on small donations from huge amount of people.

Besides closing the debt, my goal for now is to add a bit uniqueness to the design. And speed up the processing, so you get a cue shipped straight after donation. I have an ideas, working on them.

All info from the challenge I'm also collecting here

Sneak peek for our new absolutely exclusive splice no one ever made in fullsplice cue business. For now we call it "compressive". Soon will be available for orders. Any wood combination, any splices geometry
XrccQr3.jpeg