Cue design template needed

Ballbreaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a cue design template? Something that list all of the components, options, rings, wraps, points, etc. with a diagram. Something that can be printed out or saved in a jpeg, or pdf file.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
I looked on the internet awhile for this and couldnt find anything. You would think with as advanced as computers are now that a program to design a pool cue would be simple to make up.

How hard would it be to put some differant options and colors up and have people put things as they want, then hit enter and ship some money and the cue maker would have exactly what he needs to make a cue without any guess work as to what the customer wants.

Plus as a potential customer we could see what options they have and put some things together and make a cue we want. And if your company doesnt have something we are looking for so be it. Atleast as a cue builder you wouldnt have to answer the same ?'s hundereds of times about what you have and dont have or can and cant do.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
At one time there was a site like that. You could save your designs by name.
If memory serves me correctly it may have been Joss-West.

Kevin

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Yep, JW used to have one, but it was limited in its capability.

Some day we will have a full-feature cue design tool...its just a matter of time. Wide variety of construction materials (woods/plastics/ivory/steel/silver), choice of wraps or wrapless or segmeneted handles, choice of veneers & number of them, full-splice or not, ... , etc.

It just takes someone with the time & motivation to do it.

HINT-->Maybe the cuemakers association should sponsor it?!?! Surely they would see the value of such a tool to help prospective cue buyers convey their ideas & needs to one of the member cuemakers?!?!?

Last edited:

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
Ballbreaker said:
Does anyone have a cue design template? Something that list all of the components, options, rings, wraps, points, etc. with a diagram. Something that can be printed out or saved in a jpeg, or pdf file.

Hope this could be of some help:

blanktipanatomy.gif

This is a bilingual version (Spanish & English)

ITguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wood pictures are the big difficulty.

If I can get a souurce for them, I can do the program.
jim