123.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_5664.JPG
    IMG_5664.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 281

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's pretty obvious. It's a Harry Moir original. :):):) Just kidding. It is a cool looking cue, no clue who would have made it but thanks for sharing.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Appears to be a Brunswick cue with a personalized nameplate. Nothing about that cue says Herman Rambow.
Exactly right. You could go to any pool hall or billiards supply shop and order a Brunswick catalog cue with the nameplate option. Harry Moir did this.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On a 12 foot or 10 foot or 9 foot snooker table the angled flat butt cap and sleeve allowed the cue to be set on the table cloth and lifted up in the shaft area and pushed into the rock giving a super extended reach. The rubber was also made in a way that shoved the cue straight. It was made as a tool for an advantage. It gives great advantage. And legal.

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking it was just a pool cue as the tip is pretty big. Figured the area on the backend was flat for the nameplate. I had a Rambow hoppe several years ago that was made the same way. Different joint configuration and the nameplate was ivory. It said E A Straun. Don’t know why I remember that but I do. But whatever it is, a cool old cue.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
On a 12 foot or 10 foot or 9 foot snooker table the angled flat butt cap and sleeve allowed the cue to be set on the table cloth and lifted up in the shaft area and pushed into the rock giving a super extended reach. The rubber was also made in a way that shoved the cue straight. It was made as a tool for an advantage. It gives great advantage. And legal.
To me it looks flat, not angled ... and the tip looks a bit large too.

Dave

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Could be. Still it would be sized at the rear bumper for that object ball. So put a three cushion or snooker rock on a table. One will strike clean the other will pinch. Easy enough. I have seen run outs from the first shoot with larger shafts.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The flat plate is a "personalized name plate"

Has nothing to do with playing

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The name is french why are you so being a butt munch. This man asked and you seem to be a buyer that wants him to not know what he has. It is a pre 26 1/2 production cue. The pin says to me Europe. The fat but says Brunswick or Chicago. Either way I bet I can beat you playing snooker with it. Just need a good tip. And my tip to you is don't play me any game on any table for anything worth my time.
Regards,
Nick :)

Last edited: