Cue possibly lost in (or before) transit?

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It IS the cue judging by the photos I got sent by the new receiver. In fact, Im looking at the exact same photos I got sent at the time of the negotiation.

The new receiver has confirmed the same seller. The cue is yet to be received tomorrow as was just shipped yesterday.

Could the seller have 2 cues of the exact same kind? Thats kinda hard to believe isnt it?

Shall I call the receiver to warn or call the seller to confront?

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It IS the cue judging by the photos I got sent by the new receiver. In fact, Im looking at the exact same photos I got sent at the time of the negotiation.

The new receiver has confirmed the same seller. The cue is yet to be received tomorrow as was just shipped yesterday.

Could the seller have 2 cues of the exact same kind? Thats kinda hard to believe isnt it?

Shall I call the receiver to warn or call the seller to confront?
Sounds dodgy to me, give him a call and let us know what happens. If he continues to claim it was sent, insist he pays you the cost of the cue immediately- if it has genuinely been sent and lost he can seek compensation from USPS.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

championsport

Registered
that sounds kinda iffy. But I can say from experience that shipments we have shipped out have had the tracking majorly messed up. One time we shipped an item to Illinois, absolutely no updates at all and then all it said was delivered, the buyer said they didn't get it, usps said they delivered it. Even though it was obvious from the lack of tracking that something was screwy with the shipment. And of course they won't cover the insurance amount because they claim it was delivered. It's rare but it does happen. We have learned to require a signature for delivery.

That statement is only about usps. sorry if someone scammed you. Never fun.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not at all hard to believe.

Production cues are made in the thousands and custom cues can be made in multiples.

Jay

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I don't know if this will ease your mind or not.

I get a fair amount of cue supplies from the USA and some fishing equipment from China.

I have found that in both cases, the Tracking number will let you know when the package was accepted in the sending city. Very seldom will it be updated until it hits Canada Customs and then a date that it is released from Customs.

Probably, or hopefully much the same in your situation. Either way, sometimes it does take a while and I wouldn't start sweating just yet.

My packages from China usually take close to a month.

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So he is not picking up my calls. Maybe he recognises the number.

The cue Im supposed to get for the trade is a 2011 Steve Klapp 5 pointer with 2 shafts. Ive sent him ( and received) my MEZZ dual force j/b.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Based on the information so far, you are getting scammed. Maybe it turns out differently, but that is the direction that everything indicates. He has refused to answer any of your PM's, even though he is on AzBilliards all the time and pretty much daily. He answered your call one time, and all he could tell you was he was pretty sure he sent it out, and can't find the receipts to prove it.

If you sent out a cue overseas, you will know for certain whether you did or not. No "pretty sure" to it. You will also almost certainly have the receipts. He probably didn't know who you were the one time you called. He has refused to answer any of your calls since then, or to return any of your calls, because now he knows who it is that is calling.

This guy has avoided you like the plague in every way possible from the get go, and had nothing but far fetched excuses when you did manage to catch up with him. And now you found an identical cue that he has sold to someone else? This has screamed scam for a while now, and it is screaming it even louder now. If it turns out different in the end and ends up not being a scam, it still screams attempted scam, or at the very least it screams that he is a horrible person to do business with, IMO.

Given all the evidence pointing that way, I think you have to start treating this like a scam. Patience time is long done when they refuse to communicate with you for weeks and now you see them selling an identical looking custom cue to someone else.

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have all his details - real name, address, email, phone number, AZname etc which Im now happy to reveal so that people here are warned. Ive also been in contact with the AZ member he had a deal with the cue that was supposed to be sent to myself.

Can I please ask a favor from anyone to give him a call for me thinking he might offer a resolution?

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody here has to know the person in question and be able to find out the details. Put his AZ name up here and it we can work together as a community to help.

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like this cue has moved around a bit since your trade. Afraid I don't know what to suggest. This is a fairly new member, but hopefully someone might know him. Good luck

Last edited:

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
xander2882 is his AZ name.

Just spoke with him. He said he or his wife couldnt find the post office receipts. Also, said the cue he sent/deal with the other AZ member was a totally different one - tho photos say otherwise. He hung up on me and said he cant deal with this as hes at work.
I also noticed the USPS label he sent me wasnt stamped.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
xander2882 is his AZ name.

Just spoke with him. He said he or his wife couldnt find the post office receipts. Also, said the cue he sent/deal with the other AZ member was a totally different one - tho photos say otherwise. He hung up on me and said he cant deal with this as hes at work.
I also noticed the USPS label he sent me wasnt stamped.

99.9999% certain he is trying to scam you and give you the run around. If he doesn't call you back to discuss in a couple of hours after he gets off of work (being that he hung up on you since he supposedly couldn't talk at work), it is 100% certain.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
The time for being optimistic I think has long passed. It seems like this guy scammed you and I think it is time to start taking action. If he is on here as much as you say, I am sure he has also read this post as well and has a good idea of what is going to happen. I am very sorry to hear about this situation. I am sure if we all work together we could help out in some way or another. Best of luck.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I highly doubt it will do any good but I sent him a PM explaining that many people are starting to think he is a thief and that he should speak up in this thread. I included the link to this thread. I also suggested that he should communicate directly with you. My suggestion at this point is to post all of his contact information that you have, and see if anyone knows him since he doesn't seem to want to communicate with you.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
name, address and phone number at this point... Screw the Az handle since he can just start another.......

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Yeah please post name address and phone number of this douche bag, chances are someone knows him