Cue prices on Ebay WTF is going on?

I need to adjust shipping to be over the charge since ebay takes a fee from shipping also

Thanks for letting me know. I take it that this is part of The Global Shipping Program.

Cut themselves in on the action. I would rather buy North American, but some of the prices are a deal breaker. Some sellers seems to be able to skirt it and send Standard International, others, not so willing. When they are fair with me, I will do a Buy It Now, or do my darndest to win an auction.

Same items from China, Free Shipping.

I have paid regular shipping in some cases. When I receive the item, and see the actual cost, I realize that they stiffed me considerably on shipping.

I used to enjoy the auction part of it. But when I can drive over to Cabela's and get the same for a couple of bucks difference, I'm careful on what I bid on these days.

Not that EBay will go broke without my support. Just plain Greed. They should be happy taking a % of the sale and the Pay Pal Fees and leaving the shipping up to the seller. I actually don't mind giving a seller a little extra anyway at times. Packing supplies, gas to the Post Office. That isn't free. I will often round some of the items off a bit in their favor to pay for a bit of gas and the Pay Pal Fee. If I am happy with the way the auction went.
 
Last edited:
JD Custom cues is Joel Dadivas and he makes cues in the Philippines that have a BUTTLOAD of work in them.

Personally I am not a fan of JD Cues, however his work has continued to improve drastically over the last two years. He is HANDS DOWN the best cuemaker out of the Philippines IMHO but that is not saying he stacks up high here. Labor is very inexpensive there as well as the parts used and it does reflect this in his EARLIER cues.

His prior cues to 2014, were made with wet woods and his finish was not great as well and his ferrules were made out of a material that feels much like a marshmallow when cutting it on a lathe. Just about every earlier JD Custom Cue prior to 2014 I have had my hands on had multiple issues that were all related to his finish and or the wood turning as it was obviously not good seasoned wood.

That being said, I did get a 2014 from a friend on trade and I will honestly say that his work has dramatically changed for the better. From what I am told by his main dealer here (Dan) that he is now:

Using American SEASONED, DRY and SEASONED wood and other products for his cues that he is being sent from here
He is now putting a carbon fiber rod down the shafts to keep them straight and so they do not have the infamous "hollow" feel
He is using a CA thick finish which should help with the climate and acclimation issues (keeping moisture out)

So IMHO, if you are looking for an inexpensive LOADED up custom, this might fit the bill. The newer cues definitely have more cost to them with all of the things JD has improved BUT as said before they are not my favorite as they just don't sell well to the guys that buy a lot from me. I just would suggest you HIGHLY avoid the older JD's as I have had 8-10 of them and EVRY single one of them was not straight and had other finish issues but the newer are pretty good for the money...

I attached the last one I had which was from 2014 (ALL white was Juma not ivory).
 

Attachments

  • JD 1.jpg
    JD 1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 117
  • JD 2.jpg
    JD 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 110
  • JD 3.jpg
    JD 3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top