"Cue Times," Dave Gross (12squared), and Tom Ross update

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wanted to let you guys know about "Cue Times." It was a regional billiards news and information publication that was in-print and available for free in many pool halls for many years. Recently, they decided to go digital and national and offer the "magazine" electronically only via mobile devices (iOS and Droid).

If you have a mobile device and want to check it out, you can download a free preview here:
Apple iPhone/iPad version
Android version

One reason why I wanted to announce this on AZB is that 12squared (Dave Gross), one of our long-time and well-liked users, if featured in the first issue as part of a "top amateur players" series. The article tells Dave's pool-career story and includes several videos of 9-ball runouts with live commentary from Dave.

The free-preview inaugural issue also includes an update story on Tom Ross (my partner on the VEPS project). Those who are curious to know how Tom is doing (after his stroke in 2010) should check out the article.

Enjoy,
Dave
 
I wanted to let you guys know about "Cue Times." It was a regional billiards news and information publication that was in-print and available for free in many pool halls for many years. Recently, they decided to go digital and national and offer the "magazine" electronically only via mobile devices (iOS and Droid).

If you have a mobile device and want to check it out, you can download a free preview here:
Apple iPhone/iPad version
Android version

One reason why I wanted to announce this on AZB is that 12squared (Dave Gross), one of our long-time and well-liked users, if featured in the first issue as part of a "top amateur players" series. The article tells Dave's pool-career story and includes several videos of 9-ball runouts with live commentary from Dave.

The free-preview inaugural issue also includes an update story on Tom Ross (my partner on the VEPS project). Those who are curious to know how Tom is doing (after his stroke in 2010) should check out the article.

Enjoy,
Dave

Thanks Dave. I have enjoyed this publication for years. I know that both Tom and Dave have had quite a past and I will enjoy getting some details. Cuetimes should do a story on you and your work next!
 
That decision to go digital must have been VERY recent. I picked up a current copy of Cue Times just a month ago in Denver. :D
Per the Cue Times website, the last print edition was March, 2014. I will miss it ... it was nice to be able to find a copy at the pool room every month. I personally don't like reading much on small devices, but I guess it is the new thing ... and if a "magazine" needs to survive in today's (and tomorrow's) world, they need to go high tech. I hope Billiards Digest doesn't do this anytime soon (and steal everybody's paid-subscription money like Inside Pool did ... I had bought a 3-year subscription just before Inside Pool decided to go AWOL and not refund anybody's money ... I'll never forget that one, although I do appreciate their free streams and videos on YouTube).

Catch you later,
Dave
 
Dave...LMAO! Right you are! I thought it was a current edition that I picked up at one of the Denver poolrooms (Greenfields I think)...and just like sometimes I post in a thread before realizing it's YEARS old, I failed to notice the March date! LOL I'm sitting here in the DIA airport, waiting for my connection to Montana, having just flown into Denver from Tampa, and just actually looked at the date! Thanks again for the heads up, and I'll be downloading the android app! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
 
I just saw your post, mister Dr, thanks for posting this. I wish Chris w/Cue Times well with her new project that I know will only get better w/more interactive content. I have known her for a number of years and was honored that she asked me to be her first victim, I mean, well not sure what I mean. I was a little nervous about doing this but I would highly recommend anyone asked to accept. Chris is so nice and loves pool so much, you can't help but have a pleasant experience. She even let my wife turn the camera on and off :).

Again, thanks Dave for the post (great article about Tom) and thanks Chris for the opportunity, it was really fun. But I think I learned the real reason Chris is doing this...free lessons! hahahaha.

Dave (the other Dr. Dave)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top