Cues Stolen...

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
My brother stopped at a gas station to get a drink yesterday and while he was inside some punk little *****es broke into his truck and stole his cue case. His main playing cue (dennis' old Tiger) and a break cue and a bunch of shafts were in there.

This does have a happy ending though...

He had immediately called the cops and they checked the surveillance video and got a description of the perps and their car. Not sure if they got a license plate.

My bro went straight to the local pawn shops and drove around a bit looking for the car.

Well, he gets a call at 3:30 this morning to come to the police station and pickup his cues.

They had pulled over the perps and the cops had been briefed on the cues upon starting their shift. They noticed the cue case in the back seat and asked the perps about it. They couldn't even say how many cues were in the case, nor name any locations they played pool at.

Upon further searching the car, they found enough drugs to charge them with possession and intent to distribute.

So between the grand larceny, drug possession with intent to distribute and GTA, they'll probably go away for a long time.

But most importantly, my bro got his cues back.

Jaden

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My brother stopped at a gas station to get a drink yesterday and while he was inside some punk little *****es broke into his truck and stole his cue case. His main playing cue (dennis' old Tiger) and a break cue and a bunch of shafts were in there.

He had immediately called the cops and they checked the surveillance video and got a description of the perps and their car. Not sure if they got a license plate.

My bro went straight to the local pawn shops and drove around a bit looking for the car.

Well, he gets a call at 3:30 this morning to come to the police station and pickup his cues.

They had pulled over the perps and the cops had been briefed on the cues upon starting their shift. They noticed the cue case in the back seat and asked the perps about it. They couldn't even say how many cues were in the case, nor name any locations they played pool at.

Upon further searching the car, they found enough drugs to charge them with possession and intent to distribute.

So between the grand larceny, drug possession with intent to distribute and GTA, they'll probably go away for a long time.

Jaden

Glad to hear he was able to recover his cues. How do these people even know what they're stealing?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Absolutely

I love stories like these. Especially this one...because it portrays cops as the good guys.

Absolutely in this particular case its just a shame they didn't kick them around a little bit. I don't like a thief.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
They asked my bro if he wanted to press charges...

Absolutely in this particular case its just a shame they didn't kick them around a little bit. I don't like a thief.

Yeah when they asked my bro if he wanted to press charges he replied "Well either that or leave me in a room alone with them for ten minutes".

The cop then replied "yeah I understand how you feel, so press charges then"?

Jaden

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm glad they were caught, but he shouldn't be leaving valuables on the seat in plain sight.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Good news, indeed.
One item to pass on, if I might. We should all be careful when drinking adult beverages. It is very easy to become distracted (women, music, other pool games) and have ones cue, and case, stolen. :smile:

P.S. Hats off to the Police.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that happened in Iowa, they could be charged with doing business (drugs) without a sales tax license too.

From the web:

In 1996 the Iowa legislature passed Iowa code 453 B requiring drug tax stamps for illegal drugs.

"The Iowa drug tax stamp law is essentially a statute that is in the Iowa code that's created to target drug dealers that are profiting from their drug sales," said Lt. Jason Bell of the Ottumwa Police Department.

Dealers can make thousands off their drug sales and none of their profit is being reported to the state, so the state decided to tax the illegal activity.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, glad they got them back. My son had his cue "stolen" also but by an airline LOL, got the bag with his in it 5 days later. Oddly enough right on the day that I could fill out a missing property form to get money from them for my missing stuff.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great to hear!

My apartment was broken into in December last year. They luckily left my two guitars alone and my cues. They did steal a dealer case though, along with all my electronics, watches, jewelry, etc. Bastards... Glad to hear these d-bags were caught this time.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that happened in Iowa, they could be charged with doing business (drugs) without a sales tax license too.

From the web:

In 1996 the Iowa legislature passed Iowa code 453 B requiring drug tax stamps for illegal drugs.

"The Iowa drug tax stamp law is essentially a statute that is in the Iowa code that's created to target drug dealers that are profiting from their drug sales," said Lt. Jason Bell of the Ottumwa Police Department.

Dealers can make thousands off their drug sales and none of their profit is being reported to the state, so the state decided to tax the illegal activity.

Now that is some funny $hit!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

Jaden

Yeah,

Love hearing this!!!

KD

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
That is one of the best stories I have ever heard!!! I really hope it was worth it to those POS perps, glad they got them on the other stuff too cause with just the cues they probably would have just walked away with no punishment.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden
I don't know what kind of case it was but cue cases have a bit of the look of a gun case. Even in a locked car I always make sure the case is not visible.
Many people will smash into a car or truck at the prospect of getting a gun.

Not many would go to the trouble and do that kind of damage to steal a cue.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With jail overcrowding in Kalifornicated, they may soon walk.
Crime is back up under Brown.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm glad they were caught, but he shouldn't be leaving valuables on the seat in plain sight.

Why not?
It's his car, he can do what he wants.
Why should this in anyway be something he initiated?