curving an object ball....

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Cube, just make sure you stroke it like a champ!
Don't stink it up and stroke it like some of the wannabes do. :D :thumbup2:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob and I finally finished the video and write-up for the new, easier, and simpler version of the bank-bend challenge. Here it is:

$2000 Bank Bend Challenge

The page includes a video clearly showing how to setup the shot and how to take a simple measurement after your best bend shot.

I also managed to get a bank to bend some during the filming of the video. It is included in the video. Here's the direct link to the video.

Enjoy, and good luck,
Dave

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob and I finally finished the video and write-up for the new, easier, and simpler version of the bank-bend challenge. Here it is:

$2000 Bank Bend Challenge

The page includes a video clearly showing how to setup the shot and how to take a simple measurement after your best bend shot.

I also managed to get a bank to bend some during the filming of the video. It is included in the video. Here's the direct link to the video.

Enjoy, and good luck,
Dave

No challenge for bending a straight back over a inch?

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
No challenge for bending a straight back over a inch?
You are allowed to set up the same shot cross side (same angle and distance from the pocket as the straight back shot). You don't have as much table to work with; but if you can get an inch of bend straight back, you should have a competitive chance at winning the $200 for the most bend cross side.

Good luck,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those interested in the $2000 Bank Bend Challenge, please ask questions, give comments, and/or post your entries on the new $2000 Bank Bend Challenge thread. That's where I'll post and update the standings so people will know what they need to beat to get the cash.

Good luck,
Dave

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Except, I had the three points to measure by, the rail ball, the center ball, and the pocket point, or where the ball entered the pocket. The problem with the setup that was discribed is you would need to make tha ball fit their track line, that is not how it works IMO. The ball does what it does, you cannot control how many bounces or how far it will be airborn before it hops. I just knew you can curve the ball and I proved it.
Mark

Mark,

I think you earned the money by the spirit of what was asked. You used balls instead of 4" tall 'pegs' but I think it is rather obvious that the OB did not fly over the edge of the balls.

You proved of what was being asked.

Good job & good on you for going back & making the measurements to give an ideal of how much & how significant the bend can be.

Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

Last edited: