CUSTOM HIGH END POOL CUE

RECPOOLPLAYER

It's been a few months since I last inquired about this special and high end unknown pool cue.
It's 18 oz., 58" in length with 4ea. sharp points, great balance and straight.
Any help is much appreciated in identifying the custom maker of this cue.

Attachments

• custom cue 1aaa.JPG
    custom cue 1aaa.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 384
  • custom cue 2aaa.JPG
    custom cue 2aaa.JPG
    383.7 KB · Views: 398
  • custom cue unk 2.JPG
    custom cue unk 2.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 459
  • custom cue unk 3.JPG
    custom cue unk 3.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 426
  • custom cue unk 5.JPG
    custom cue unk 5.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 439

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
When i see the inlays in the points and how the butt inlays and buttcap looks...*I think Joss. The bumper pin and joint collars look like maybe Tyler, or Falcon but not Joss. I bet its a cue designed by Dan Janes from the 90s looking inlays and maybe made by Joss. Thats my guess.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
HERE IS A MOHAWK FROM EBAY LIVE RIGHT NOW-
PIN . COLLARS LOOK VERY SIMILAR , TO ME

RECPOOLPLAYER

When i see the inlays in the points and how the butt inlays and buttcap looks...*I think Joss. The bumper pin and joint collars look like maybe Tyler, or Falcon but not Joss. I bet its a cue designed by Dan Janes from the 90s looking inlays and maybe made by Joss. Thats my guess.
Hi,

Thanks for your information, and as I looked at the Joss cue site, some of his higher end cues do have similar designs.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
This cue was taken to a well known local billiard place, and the owner said it was a high end cue.
Forgive me for my stupidity, sometimes there is no forgiving though. You took it to a well known billiard place, and the owner said it was a high end cue.

1) Go back there and ask what high end cue it is and why they think that.
or
2) No need to make a trip, why after hearing it was a high end cue wasn't the next question, What kind of cue is it?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not a "high end" custom cue- end of story. That Mohawk that was shown to you on e bay had the same joint rings, joint pin, even if it is not a Mohawk - it is NOT a "high end" custom cue. If you still think that it is- go back to the pool hall and look for a big $$ offer from someone- Good Luck!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NOT a Joss. Import of some kind. I think the Falcon/KPS connection is probably about right. Started in China, finished in Canada.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I would be pleased just knowing it is a high end custom cue authenticated by the owner of a well known local pool hall.

That sounds far more impressive than a name few folks outside of cue collectors ever heard of.

Looks like it hits a ton. Great score.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be pleased just knowing it is a high end custom cue authenticated by the owner of a well known local pool hall.

That sounds far more impressive than a name most folks outside of cue collectors ever heard of.

Probably the original B.I.P. Cue.(Ball in pocket)
The wobble is used to help aiming with curve shots. Never caught on as people thought it was cheating to use a cue that couldn't miss

JC

Coos Cues

That sounds far more impressive than a name most folks outside of cue collectors ever heard of.

This cue was taken to a well known local billiard place, and the owner said it was a high end cue.
Obviously you don't know a lot about cues and are trying to learn.

Congratulations you now are more knowledgeable than the owner of a well known pool hall.

You came to the right place.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not a "high end" custom cue- end of story. That Mohawk that was shown to you on e bay had the same joint rings, joint pin, even if it is not a Mohawk - it is NOT a "high end" custom cue. If you still think that it is- go back to the pool hall and look for a big $$ offer from someone- Good Luck!
Lolz.

It could be 'high end', depending one one's perspective.