CUSTOM HIGH END POOL CUE

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of unknown cues are posted here with the hope or convinced already it's a high end cue.
Most of the time the great pool cue detectives here figure out what it is.
And most of the time the cue is not a high end cue worth big bucks.
Some accept this and some still think other wise.
What you have there is a nice cue and hopefully it plays well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue is worth $100-$200

High end compared to a house cue
I tend to agree here. Nice cue but not a hi-end custom. The points look 'ADAM-ish' and by that i mean import of some kind. Butt-sleeve has the look of a Falcon cue. This cue could have been made in various Taiwan/Chinese shops.

Steve748

Registered
Don't buy because you think it's special and worth more than what you paid for it.
Buy it if it plays to your liking and feels good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a nice looking cue, even if unknown I would pay $200 easy for that design.

Things like "CUSTOM HIGH END POOL CUE" belong in an eBay listing to catch people that don't know things though not when looking for information.

About someone talking to one person and getting information about cues from them, I had a guy proudly show me a "Palmer" he recently got that he was told was a classic vintage high end fancy cue. It is actually a Chinese copy worth maybe $100, one of the new Palmers with the new name on it. There are also dozens of posts on here with people being told their cues are worth hundreds if not thousands that are those cheap asian made ramen wood things worth maybe $20.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like the cue, it doesn’t matter who the cue maker was.
If you think you scored a treasure, the chest looks empty to me.

The opinion of the guy at the pool hall is pretty worthless and he
likely doesn’t know that much about high end cues. If he had, he
would have given you reasons why it was structurally well made.

Again, if you like it, then celebrate. If you paid more than several
hundred dollars, then keep that to yourself unless you learn who
actually made this cue. Check with the pros like Cornerstone Cues,
Superior Cues, Classic Cues, Recollection Cues, etc. There is always
a chance it might be an early Dan Janes cue but if you like it, Nuf Ced!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like the cue, it doesn’t matter who the cue maker was.
If you think you scored a treasure, the chest looks empty to me.

The opinion of the guy at the pool hall is pretty worthless and he
likely doesn’t know that much about high end cues. If he had, he
would have given you reasons why it was structurally well made.

Again, if you like it, then celebrate. If you paid more than several
hundred dollars, then keep that to yourself unless you learn who
actually made this cue. Check with the pros like Cornerstone Cues,
Superior Cues, Classic Cues, Recollection Cues, etc. There is always
a chance it might be an early Dan Janes cue but if you like it, Nuf Ced!
DJ never came within a mile of that cue.

RECPOOLPLAYER

Things like "CUSTOM HIGH END POOL CUE" belong in an eBay listing to catch people that don't know things though not when looking for information.

About someone talking to one person and getting information about cues from them, I had a guy proudly show me a "Palmer" he recently got that he was told was a classic vintage high end fancy cue. It is actually a Chinese copy worth maybe $100, one of the new Palmers with the new name on it. There are also dozens of posts on here with people being told their cues are worth hundreds if not thousands that are those cheap asian made ramen wood things worth maybe $20.
Hi,

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them.
I once owned a special high end cue with no makers name on it; it wasn't until 3 years later that I found out this $55.00 investment was very special. It happened to be a Burton Spain cue (his highest end in 1979).
Today it would probably be worth $6,000 dollars more than what I sold it for (20 years ago it was sold for $2,500)
Take care,
Richard

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A guy where I live bought a cue for $1600 was supposed to be a black boar. I don’t know anything about cues but I took one look at it and told him he needed to sell it for whatever he could get out of it and take the loss and move on. It looked like an import to me but it definitely wasn’t a Black Boar

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I don't think it's a Mohawk
Everyone wants their mystery cues to be something really special and valuable, but no one else used that screw, certainly not any high end cue makers.

I don’t know where you got the cue, but I feel like I saw this exact cue on eBay with a bunch of other atypical Mohawks.

My assumption was that the cues were either prototypes for a new line that never came to fruition, or they were Frankenstein cues made in an overseas commission-factory with leftover parts.

Those notched diamonds scream factory work.

If you look at the notched diamonds being used by custom makers at the time, you’ll see what I mean.

Good luck getting to the bottom of it.

Congratulations on the Spain, but that really doesn’t have anything to do with this cue.

The components, especially the screw, don’t leave many options.

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I would be pleased just knowing it is a high end custom cue authenticated by the owner of a well known local pool hall.

That sounds far more impressive than a name few folks outside of cue collectors ever heard of.

Looks like it hits a ton. Great scor
feels like a justin thread to me
I

feels like a justin thread to me
Good ole Justin. Brought back this memory from just awhile back. Bought it on the 5th and you can see how long it lasted.

1616620065970.png
1616620095625.png

RECPOOLPLAYER

Everyone wants their mystery cues to be something really special and valuable, but no one else used that screw, certainly not any high end cue makers.

I don’t know where you got the cue, but I feel like I saw this exact cue on eBay with a bunch of other atypical Mohawks.

My assumption was that the cues were either prototypes for a new line that never came to fruition, or they were Frankenstein cues made in an overseas commission-factory with leftover parts.

Those notched diamonds scream factory work.

If you look at the notched diamonds being used by custom makers at the time, you’ll see what I mean.

Good luck getting to the bottom of it.

Congratulations on the Spain, but that really doesn’t have anything to do with this cue.

The components, especially the screw, don’t leave many options.
I've heard that the 3/8 x 10 joint was used by Russ Espiritu cues in the 90's

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard that the 3/8 x 10 joint was used by Russ Espiritu cues in the 90's
I know that Mohawk used the exact pin that your cue has.

I can’t remember seeing any other cues with it, and I don’t know why a high-end maker would choose to use such a roughly machined part.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
To me a "high end cue" is something that would sell for $1000 or more. The cue pictured here looks like a production cue in many respects. Some are better than others, but the "high end" on this cue is probably in the $250-300 range. There are many cues in this price range that are good playing cues though. It's kind of hit and miss when you buy a production cue. I bought a $150 Schmelke (not a Jackpot model :)) recently and I happen to like the way it feels in my hands.