Custom Jump Break

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm thinking of getting a custom jump break. My 2 suspects are Varney, and Gilbert. For those who've tried both, (i know it's preferential, but just would like to hear some opinions) who makes a better J/B? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Keith

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mace(Rick Howard) also makes a very good jump break. Omen too. There are other great cues out there, but I have not hit with them. IMO, you can't go wrong with a Gilbert. They break, jump, and play great. The resale of the Gilberts is also second to none. Varney probably makes a great jump break also, but with some of his problems on here, it might be a gamble ordering one.

Zud

Old Dog Trying to Learn
Silver Member
Many Good Ones

I would also look at Gulassy, I havnt tried a Mace but heard good things.

I am lucky enuf to have Brian King here in Huntsville, AL that makes an outstanding Jump Break.

Or you could see if JForney has a Varney.........

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
steve lomax is here in georgia and i've heard his are pretty damn good. i haven't hit with one yet but i have seen a few and i can tell you that the finished product looks outstanding. there are a few guys on here who own his cues if you searched steve lomax you'd find them and you can ask them specific questions about hit. steve also posts on here sometimes but i don't remember his screen name - again the search can fix that.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Custom Jump Break Cues

John Parker makes Jump Breaks as fancy as you want. They play excellent.

Attachments

• AZ Billiards 1.JPG
    AZ Billiards 1.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 275
  • AZ Billiards 2.JPG
    AZ Billiards 2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 261
  • AZ Billiards 3.JPG
    AZ Billiards 3.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 257
  • AZ Billiards 4.JPG
    AZ Billiards 4.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 267

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not after a fancy break cue.. well maybe just a little.. like 4/6 points or something like that. Doesn't need to have verneers etc. I currently use a BK2, and i think it's a great break cue, but am lookin for something more. I've heard only good things about Varney and Gilbert, that's why they were both on my list.

Due to recommendations from you guys, there is:

Mace
Gulassy (tried before, not exactly my cup of tea)
John Parker
Omen (I wonder how much does pete charge for a simple break cue)
The Sniper II break cue

Any others i should be lookin at ? Thanks for all your input! Greatly appreciate it!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
KeeFy said:
I'm thinking of getting a custom jump break. My 2 suspects are Varney, and Gilbert. For those who've tried both, (i know it's preferential, but just would like to hear some opinions) who makes a better J/B? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Keith
Here is my jump break cue in action and some pics.It breaks very well and jumps very accurately,Dave Albrecht makes a great cue and they play so well,his prices are a steal and his customer service is excellent.He post on here as nbll01 and his website is www.albrechtcustomcues.com :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGzQ1r80AB4
4-4.jpg

2-5.jpg

1-7.jpg

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a gilbert fan myself. but i hope to God you do ordere a varney! it'll give me something to read about later. Shoot him a pm he'll hook you up!