DCC 9 ball updates

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
It's decidedly not a big deal--it's almost appropriate, considering the nature of the Derby--but I stand by it being tacky. Let your game do the talking, not your shirt.

Yep, not a big deal, just kinda' loud and obnoxious.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren breaks and runs, Bergman classily concedes the straight-in 9. Another nice win at 61 years of age.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Bergman may have loud shirt but he sure has great post-handshake. Concedes while Efren on last ball, shakes hands with Efren and looks him in the eyes- something that Mark Wilson notes.
That should please "handshake" fans here :D

Next match at 315pm about 20 minutes from now

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Bergman may have loud shirt but he sure has great post-handshake. Concedes while Efren on last ball, shakes hands with Efren and looks him in the eyes- something that Mark Wilson notes.
That should please "handshake" fans here :D

Next match at 315pm about 20 minutes from now
I think too much can be made of the quality of a handshake, but there's something to be said for the sincerely offered congratulations of a firm handshake with eye contact, and that's clearly what Justin did. Good on 'im.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think too much can be made of the quality of a handshake, but there's something to be said for the sincerely offered congratulations of a firm handshake with eye contact, and that's clearly what Justin did. Good on 'im.
Kevin Cheng and Ko Pin Yi, coming straight out your computer screens shortly!

At least I think that's what the PA announcer said. I also hope that's what the PA announcer said.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes confirmed
That is the matches listed on the website 315pm table 1

9 Ball 5
Fri 3:15 PM
Pin Yi Ko (0) Yu Hsuan Cheng (0)

Will be good match. Have not seen them play before. Ko is the favorite in this one :D

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has broken out the industrial ear-muffs.

4-3 Oscar leading. Earl breaking.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is pretty freakin incredible to watch elite-level pros warm-up. You get to see their full firepower in a way that's usually restrained in the pressure of an actual match.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny is giving a disquisition on the tactics of the mongoose upon meeting a cobra. To be fair, we're between matches.