DCC 9 ball updates

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny and Mark wonder to each other about if these guys train/play/hang with each other, but I thought I heard Kevin is like the rogue Taiwanese, the guy who stayed out of the traditional system (which includes the Kos, Jung Lin Chang, Yu Lung Chang among other notables), went to Houston and learned one-pocket, just generally went his own way.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
World 9-ball Champion vs US 9-ball Champion

Stands are surprisingly empty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny and Mark wonder to each other about if these guys train/play/hang with each other, but I thought I heard Kevin is like the rogue Taiwanese, the guy who stayed out of the traditional system (which includes the Kos, Jung Lin Chang, Yu Lung Chang among other notables), went to Houston and learned one-pocket, just generally went his own way.

This is true, since they both live on different sides of the island in Taiwan and each of them play out of a different room (Ko's being the most popular where many other pros play, including Ga Young Kim).

Kevin is also the only one of the lot that has a college degree.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting, thanks for the info. I'd like to read more about these guys--Danny and Mark now talking transfer of pool power from Manila to Taipei, making their stories all the more relevant.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool has such nice built-in potential commercial breaks--every time they rack! Danny says watching them rack is boring, and he's right. So monetize that sh*t!

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko hooks himself trying a risky breakout, makes a nice kick, sells out. Down 3-2, and could be 4-2 soon.

Cheng hooks himself, ends up with practically the same kick on the same 5 ball, sells out the same way. We shall see how this goes.