DCC Banks - three left

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to gorst, but even more so congrats to evan lunda! big fargo difference between them two

i was planning on buying the 1p final day this year again but the buffering issues ppl describe makes me hesitant

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Does anybody know how Billy Thorpe did in the banks? I'm hoping to find a chart with brackets, but I'm coming up empty.

I found this on DCC website: http://results.derbycityclassic.com/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/completed.asp
As you know this format allows rebuys after every round to any player who took their first loss that round but it is discretionary and they may choose not to rebuy. Because of this unique format each round is essentially a brand new single elimination bracket that is redrawn from scratch and does not flow from or to the brackets from the previous or next rounds. What you see at the link you posted is the best that can be done under the current format where they just give the match results for each round since they are independent of each other.

geoff_182

So, what happened to Sky? He was crushing his opponents in like 15 mins, sauntering around the table and firing them in like he was the banking natural, while everyone else in the room was slow (uncertain, even!) and calculating. Definitely a sight to behold.
Maybe you answered your own question. That style works against the guys you should beat anyway, but once you're against a good player, you will get burned playing like that. If you want to win, play like Fedor.

Badpenguin

Reactions: JAM

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you answered your own question. That style works against the guys you should beat anyway, but once you're against a good player, you will get burned playing like that. If you want to win, play like Fedor.
Might want to let Jayson Shaw, Josh Filler, Ronnie O'Sullivan, and even a straight-shooting, carefree, Turning Stone -- Skylar Woodward know they are doing it all wrong.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not a strategic failure so much as a psychological folly. Anybody would take cover from a killing machine. Problem is the bravado is usually based on a perceived lack of potential resistance by the victim. IOW bullying. In a more equal engagement, reason will bring the dog level up to spec and the "better player" prevails.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the current Oi - Martinez one pocket match, a few minutes ago Oi passed on a 100% makeable, nearly straight in shot that was only 2-3 ft. from the pocket, totally unobstructed, with a possible chance at a multiple ball run. It's as if he simply didn't see the ball on the table. Instead he shot and missed a long bank shot, and he'll be lucky to recover.

The announcer mentioned it, and it was so blatant a brain fart that it makes me wonder whether Oi might have an early case of glaucoma. I say that because I've got it myself, and about every other week I'll pass up shooting a ball that was out of my field of peripheral vision. I'm curious as to what his explanation will be.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fedor won his 1pkt vs shaw with what i would assess was his B or C game.

what is the status of the accustat stream today?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1 buffering since it started for me. Hopefully that's it...
Well it's daytime and many (believe it or not) are at work. Wait til the peak time with the most people signed on. They will totally dog it I'm sure. The most likely thing to happen is a continuation of what has been happening. For AS especially at the DCC, that is a crap stream.