DCC match results?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard Matlock drilled Sky Woodward in one hole. People were saying he shot like a wizard, that their entire match took about 15 minutes.
wp
If this refers to their 3rd round match on Tuesday at about 2 pm, yes, Matlock played well, but the 3-1 match lasted about 50 minutes, not 15.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone know how to cast from the onsite website to a tv? using chromecast or smart tv (although i doubt the app route is there)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool as a fan is borderline impossible to follow and this is a classic example of that. The biggest, most interesting tournament arguably of the year and there is no practical way to follow it from a results standpoint. Only in the pool world, ha.

I'm often times keen on learning who won a big match between Player A and Player B and typically find myself scouring this forum or Facebook for an inkling of a result. The only exception to that would be a Matchroom event.

If pool had a single website that listed the majority of bigger tournaments, the participants and close to real time results that would go a long way to boosting popularity from a fan point of view. That must be a difficult thing to achieve apparently. Oh well...
We could have that right now if Mike opened up the FargoRate app to allow searching for individual player matches, player trends, etc.

We could also have it with the digital pool brackets if they did the same.

Those two cover about 80% of competitive pool today, I’d imagine.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nick sounded sceptical to that feature match choice (fedor v childress) in the forget-to-turn-off-the-mic conversation after the match

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The completed matches and scheduled matches have been current/accurate for the last few years. This year, not so much.

Now, the format of the completed matches and schedule is terrible, but at least you can get some idea of what is going on with it.

Considering much of the paying audience at the venue looks to be 60+ years in age, if they expect to actually make enough money to continue in the future, they are definitely going to have to get their shit together as far as the digital presence. The syndication of the side tables has been great, but those doing the re-streaming of those can't even figure out what the scores are, who is still in the tournament, how many are left, etc...

I wish matchroom would just take this over. Clearly Diamond needs to stick to building tables.
Don't go, don't watch. We got your point, the scoring sux. Believe me we got it. They run the event for the people that are there. They've never worried too much about what goes on outside the event. Its one of THE great events in pool and the size of the fields, EVERY YEAR, are testament to that. MR taking over would be the end of a great happening.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't go, don't watch. We got your point, the scoring sux. Believe me we got it. They run the event for the people that are there. They've never worried too much about what goes on outside the event. Its one of THE great events in pool and the size of the fields, EVERY YEAR, are testament to that. MR taking over would be the end of a great happening.

How so?

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JJ and Corey commentating
Thank you.

Last 5 are/were:
Fedor v Lunda
Filler v DeMarco
SVB Had bye.

Filler won in 9 minutes with 3 8-outs in fewer than 3 innings every game.
I think Fedor won over Lunda but didn't see it. He was up 2-0 and by the time I started watching they were done.

I'm not sure about buybacks but I think the ones with buybacks are SVB, Fedor and Filler. So I think those are the last 3 as well.

Play to resume tomorrow TBD on the time.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.

Last 5 are/were:
Fedor v Lunda
Filler v DeMarco
SVB Had bye.

Filler won in 9 minutes with 3 8-outs in fewer than 3 innings every game.
I think Fedor won over Lunda but didn't see it. He was up 2-0 and by the time I started watching they were done.

I'm not sure about buybacks but I think the ones with buybacks are SVB, Fedor and Filler. So I think those are the last 3 as well.

Play to resume tomorrow TBD on the time.
Confirmed by Windows Open - Last three are SVB, Filler and Gorst. Gorst has the bye. SVB will play Filler. All three have buybacks.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah go to Doggin It Podcast. The match is only 9 minutes and 5 seconds long though. Filler is gonna make everyone cry and change the rules of 1 pocket cause he just keeps running out 🤣😭

In the words of Darren Appleton "it's just getting silly"
How did you get 9 min. 5 sec.? The video shows 11 min. 8 sec. to the pocketing of the last ball, and it does not include the lag, the racking of the first game, the first-game break by Filler, and Lunda's first inning in the first game. So probably more like a slow 13 min. plus or minus a bit.:)