DCC one-pocket updates

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be nice if they would update the completed matches since its been 24 hours and they are 3 rounds behind

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It would be nice if they would update the completed matches since its been 24 hours and they are 3 rounds behind

This has happened more than a few times over the years at the Derby, making it impossible to follow all the matches. It's very frustrating.

Mind you, even more frustrating is watching the stream table one pocket match (Biado/Van Cortezza) with:

no shot clock
no in rack ball count displayed and rare mention of it by commentators
Van Cortezza playing in ripped jeans - that should be a forfeit

The viewer friendliness of this Derby is suffering. It's always in the details.

PS Lee Van won about $9,000 at Darren's 8-ball event last week so he can afford a better pair of pants

Last edited:

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to admit that so such a major event in the pool world the website, especially the results page , is really hokey. A bracket view would be much easier as I want to see where the payouts start

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

There is no bracket. They redraw after every round.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yippee! The in rack score was just announced. Keep it up.

Biado 1-0 ahead in racks and is also ahead 5 balls to 1 in rack 2

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Biado leads 2 racks to zero over Van Cortezza.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Biado beats Van Cortezza. Biado undefeated, Van Cortezza will now buy back.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Can't follow along online this year. One pocket has been stuck at round 3 since yesterday. They say it has something to do with the internet. :cool:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Can't follow along online this year. One pocket has been stuck at round 3 since yesterday. They say it has something to do with the internet. :cool:

Well, at least they're not blaming it on Mr Potato head. As for me, I'm blaming it on the World Bank.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thx. I was just about to ask for scores on efren's match.

Effie and Shuff tied at 2-2. Efren to break.

Efren had another magic shot, which we all knew was coming, and we all decided to watch. We all knew he was about to do a WWED shot, but none of us decided to record it.

Freddie <~~~ wondering WWED?

Update: nice 7-out by Efren gets him by Shuff. Shuff was up 2-0, but the old man got the come back.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Overall, Scott Rabon is a credible one-pocket commentator. He occasionally dumbs it down so that someone who has never played the game can understand at the expense of more illuminating commentary. When he's not dumbing it down, though, he offers some keen insight into what the options are and why some of them make more sense than others. Generally solid work here!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Reyes/Shuff match not showing as in progress on the site. Is it over? Who won?

c_bruner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Efren had another magic shot, which we all knew was coming, and we all decided to watch. We all knew he was about to do a WWED shot, but none of us decided to record it.

Update: nice 7-out by Efren gets him by Shuff. Shuff was up 2-0, but the old man got the come back.

Who won the Appleton match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c_bruner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who won the Appleton match and Joyner match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk