Dennis O v JRB $100k middle

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shit, I was hoping JRB was John Barton. :)

Just kidding.

In a race to five, this guy could prove to be dangerous if he plays recklessly.

He may just bust the pack open with a ramshot on his break and luck a ball in his corner.

I've seen some wild shit with these lopsided spots.

Especially, if the guy has lots of money and isn't afraid to lose it.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
That's what I meant. I'd play DO that way in a heartbeat. I haven't played that many pros in One Pocket, but 14/4, 13/4?? Based upon my results against them, not being particularly in shape, and not particularly in stroke, I'd love my chances with proper prep.

Let's just say I'd feel more comfortable playing Orcollo 14/4, 13/4, than I would playing JRB even.

The money doesn't mean anything to JRB, so he'll be freewheeling. If I pop a quick 4 outta nowhere against Orcollo and move well, now he's got something to think about.

My high run against the One Pocket ghost (Diamond Pro/Am with funky red label rails) is 14. Nobody knows me from Adam, because I just don't PLAY enough. :)

adam aint got a prayer

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
50k ain't nothing to the second place player.
Dennis has to fade him, not the other way around.

JRB got the advantage here.

If he loses, he picks up advantage down the road. He cant lose.

I talk too much!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was in the "he cant win crowd"

If both of you looked I bet on JRB in the action room. I only asked for a small $100 bet to sweat it cause I thought it would be streamed and I could have a few beers and enjoy.

If they wanna run it back, I'll bet up to 1,000 on JRB possibly more.

Chirp if you wanna.

My last few posts were joking about JRB cause of the "he cant win crowd"

I didn't place the name and I'd still bet that the average poker player wouldn't have a chance taking those odds going to five with Dennis. This poker player had a much stronger pool background than most. I judged the poker player like the average bar room or home table player that thinks they are pretty good. Somebody like that would put zero pressure on Dennis and let him strut his stuff. Obviously, Bobby was good enough to make it interesting with fifty thou on the line.

I don't know the exact rules they played under and of course that could swing things a little one way or the other. For instance, how did a race to five go to six? If that score is right must have been either had to win by two or a best of ten, something a little different than a plain race to five.

With a score of 6-4, I would say the spot was about right.

Hu

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, when the bet gets right, there are two things that are consistent:

DO's game gets tighter

and

Roy seldom bets a loser

So yeah, the card player didn't stand a chance.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't place the name and I'd still bet that the average poker player wouldn't have a chance taking those odds going to five with Dennis. This poker player had a much stronger pool background than most. I judged the poker player like the average bar room or home table player that thinks they are pretty good. Somebody like that would put zero pressure on Dennis and let him strut his stuff. Obviously, Bobby was good enough to make it interesting with fifty thou on the line.

I don't know the exact rules they played under and of course that could swing things a little one way or the other. For instance, how did a race to five go to six? If that score is right must have been either had to win by two or a best of ten, something a little different than a plain race to five.

With a score of 6-4, I would say the spot was about right.

Hu

With a score of 6-4, I would say DO knew just when to make his move.

Jeff

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Dennis was down 4-2 at one point.

Pressure was on big time for Dennis then.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You "pool sleuths" make me laugh. A lot of talk with no betting action, all I hear is yip, yip, yip, like a pup with his head stuck under the covers. Bet something next time and you can graduate to yap, tap, yap.

Btw, all you yippers can bet on the next set if there is one. The only way your balls are gonna drop, is if you climb into the ring.
Jason<------not afraid of the after the set yippers

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw, didn't hear a peep when it was 4 -2

Was the match streamed? I thought it was gonna be private.

I've watched both play before in very similar matches and although it wasn't DO's easiest match-up, it most certainly wasn't his hardest match by far.

I didn't get to see it but, it sounds like it went as expected.

BTW, who would bet on a match that can't be viewed? I know I wouldn't.

Are they gonna play another? If so, I hope they decide to stream it.

Jeff

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You all shall be named BOB from now on - Bunch of B/+@#=$. It really should be bunch of non betting b/+@#=$. But I can live with BOBS. can you? Of course you can, you stand behind a screen and cheer once the action is over if it's in your favor. Pathetic if you ask me, but that's the "man" bun society we live in now. Dont worry 'fellas" there's Maxi Pads in the "mens" bathroom nowadays.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Was the match streamed? I thought it was gonna be private.

I've watched both play before in very similar matches and although it wasn't DO's easiest match-up, it most certainly wasn't his hardest match by far.

I didn't get to see it but, it sounds like it went as expected.

BTW, who would bet on a match that can't be viewed? I know I wouldn't.

Are they gonna play another? If so, I hope they decide to stream it.

Jeff

Yes, we called the bet off when it wasnt streamed. Somebody posted the score was 4-2 JRB, didn't hear a peep from all you "experts" that "knew" DO was gonna win at that point. Hind site makes a champion bettor out of everybody. Like I said, not a peep when it was 4- 2 JRB

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You all shall be named BOB from now on - Bunch of B/+@#=$. It really should be bunch of non betting b/+@#=$. But I can live with BOBS. can you? Of course you can, you stand behind a screen and cheer once the action is over if it's in your favor. Pathetic if you ask me, but that's the "man" bun society we live in now. Dont worry 'fellas" there's Maxi Pads in the "mens" bathroom nowadays.

This makes no sense.

Did Danny Harriman hack your account?