Dennis Orcollo v Fedor Gorst (9 Ball/ Race to 90) July 30-August 1

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because of the below statement.

What was final score? 90 to 54....that was a horseFing.

I'm sure Fedor would give him the 8 ball, last 2 or 10 games on the wire....but that makes DO a sucker.
I'll bet 5k with you next time....spot you 15 games which is the world....
Dennis will play him again...with backer money where it can be found.
I love his action, awesome player, but not a favorite vs Fedor.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
You wanna play me 15 games on the wire?
Let me know, I've got a backer.
I tho get to pick the table, location and cue ball.

bm

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I've never warmed up to long races. Hence, I disagree with you. Long races aren't getting boring, but have, instead, always been boring.

Endurance and stamina are not what great pool is about and in the heat of the toughest battles, nobody is afforded a chance to size up and gradually get comfortable with an opponent. Great pool is about winning against a variety of opponents having a variety of styles. Few are good enough to do it with any consistency, and that's why the same guys seem to win the biggest titles over and over.

Long races are unbearable to this fan, but I'll defer to those who enjoy these marathons. If many enjoy it, then having these marathon matches serves a purpose. That said, however, I don't know many people who will watch these snooze-fests from beginning to end, and I know a lot of fans.

Regardless, best of luck to these two superstar players.
Long races remind me of the movie Groundhog Day.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
You wanna play me 15 games on the wire?
Let me know, I've got a backer.
I tho get to pick the table, location and cue ball.

bm
He just stated in post #60 that he hits balls around under two hours a month, and you're wolfing at HIM for action?

I use rod and reels when I go fishing.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Maniac....
I know NOTHING about this poster.
15 on the wire speaks loudly to me, and I'm 74.

Justaneng

Registered
You have basically sounded the death knell for American pool players, SVB included.

Once SVB ages out we’re all just going to consider Gorst American. Even now, he’s progressing toward US Citizenship, and we’re probably only a few years away from Matchroom saying screw it and letting him on the US Mosconi cup team.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The Russian invasion of Ukraine would be a much better way to describe it. The way you put it could lead some to believe that the Ukrainians were the aggressors.
Yes, that would have been better. Still, the media has tended to refer to the incident as the Ukrainian invasion and I did the same.

Michael37324

My point is, Has fedor played for alot of cash? Can he handle the pressure of 10 or more packs possibly put on him? Can Fedor fade knowing that he playing the best money player in the world? . I think and believe if they played in the states under same circumstances Dennis and SVB played it would be a different outcome

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who else has Fedor played in long races?
How did he fare?

Like to see Filler and SVB try him.

He has tremendous class and the more I see how he is, the more I like him.

How long until he can become a US citizen? Mosconi Cup with him on our team will be special.

svb won't happen it seems because of sponsor poolitics, filler he kind of has to catch on the tournament trail for that to happen. and even then it's unlikely cause filler always seems to go deep. just won another eurotour the other day (with his B-game, at least in the final)