Dennis Orcollo vs SVB (Race to 75) 9 ball (22-24 Sep)

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the south, can confirm.

Many of the locals have wheels on their house so when they're required by law to stay within a certain distance from their home, they move it closer to the pool room.
I know, you would think with how bad it is down here, the yankees and westerners would stay out. For some reason they are pouring in here like someone struck gold. Can't figure it out. :unsure:

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know, you would think with how bad it is down here, the yankees and westerners would stay out. For some reason they are pouring in here like someone struck gold. Can't figure it out. :unsure:
It`s the weather dude, certainly not the company

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The weather, huh? All this time I thought they were coming to learn manners and common sense and see good football.
I played football in Texas in grade school - 5th and 6th grade. The grade schools had their own football teams. I'm originally from Iowa. I got a helmet with no facemask. Being a "Yankee" back then had a negative consequences. If the coach told you to go out for football you either went out for football or got an F in health class. They were serious about football in Texas.

Regarding Van Boening vs Orcollo it is one of the best 9 ball matches in the history of pool. Someone in the chat called it "you miss you die". I can't imagine 9 ball at a higher level.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any idea why the videos were removed from YouTube? Didn't get to see the final day :(
I think they had some sub only videos. These might have gone there. They might want to sell the matches too. There are literally dozens of free apps that can grab Youtubes and Facebook and letting them stream would be like leaving them out on the sidewalk.
If you look up the match on youtube you'll find a short clip of the end of the session. Comment by Ja Lee (recognize that name from POV Pool I think) says, they pulled the show because of the double extensions Orcollo got. Whatever. The KPY and the Filler too are gone as well.

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's because someone let the cat out of the bag on how much cheaper it is to live out here. Night & day difference compared to some places on either coast.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well man former Military retired there because pension checks were further.

Thought surviving on Military Pension in USA.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you look up the match on youtube you'll find a short clip of the end of the session. Comment by Ja Lee (recognize that name from POV Pool I think) says, they pulled the show because of the double extensions Orcollo got. Whatever. The KPY and the Filler too are gone as well.
Exactly where does anyone think Orcollo received an extra extension? The only spot I can think of where a viewer might have thought so was Game 147, when the score was 73-73. Orcollo made the 1-ball on the break and then took an extension before playing a safe on the 2-ball. The clock was running down before he hit that safety, and the clock on screen even shifted to a new 30 seconds when there were about 2 seconds left. But if you count down with the clock before the 30 seconds came on screen, you'll see that he hit the cue ball well before his time expired. No 2nd extension was called, no second extension was granted, and the shot was hit in time.

If that is not the spot where some folks thought Orcollo got an extra extension, where was it?

The videos for all 3 days of the match are still available on the sharks9ball page on Facebook.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The weather, huh? All this time I thought they were coming to learn manners and common sense and see good football.
No, we get all our manners and polish at finishing school. And kids playing football...meh. Just CTE waiting to happen.