Dennis Searing Ebony Hoppe Half Joint Cue

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First let me say that the pictures I am about to post were all taken by Mike Gartland of Quality Cues. His pictures and knowing the detailed attention of Dennis Searing pretty much sold me on this cue. The pictures are incredible but the cue is that much better in person.

Another perfect transaction with Mike. Thank you!

Now I do hope that everyone enjoys these pictures as much as I have when I first saw them...
Myron

Last edited:

tlcff8

Designated Racker
Silver Member
Simply elegant..

That cue is pretty much amazing. Seeing how dense that one shaft appears to be I'm sure it hits very well. I was gonna make some stupid comment about how I'm sure you paid an ungodly sum of money for it, however, I can't talk myself. I think we should support one another in owning "pieces of wood" to the every day person. I get so tired of people staring in disbelief when they ask how much one of my cues cost. Everybody has their hobbies and such, so to each his own.

Sorry for the little rant, but anyway, once again that cue is amazing! Tell us how it plays!:eek:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tlcff8 said:
That cue is pretty much amazing. Seeing how dense that one shaft appears to be I'm sure it hits very well. I was gonna make some stupid comment about how I'm sure you paid an ungodly sum of money for it, however, I can't talk myself. I think we should support one another in owning "pieces of wood" to the every day person. I get so tired of people staring in disbelief when they ask how much one of my cues cost. Everybody has their hobbies and such, so to each his own.

Sorry for the little rant, but anyway, once again that cue is amazing! Tell us how it plays!:eek:
This cue was in my comfort zone but there is still a cue or two that I wish I had bought but at the time the prices were ungodly. The wood in this cue is just amazing as you mentioned.

I will be taking this cue out for a test on Saturday so I will chime back later

Rant on and thank you.
Myron

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Myron:

Thanks for your kind words of support. Enjoy the cue. Below are photos of the cue in a storyboard layout for all to enjoy. Man this is one sweet cue!!!

buttsleeveandringwork2shaftsBEST2.jpg

2entirepointsandsignatureAWESOME.jpg

2entirepoints.jpg

entireforearmwith2pointsandjpson-1.jpg

entireforearmwith2pointsandshaftrin.jpg

tipsof2points.jpg

tipof1point.jpg

buttand2shaftswith2pointsINCREDIBLE.jpg

buttand2shaftswith2pointsreverseINC.jpg

jpswithlogo.jpg

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueaddicts said:
Beauty, Myron. You know, the CP hoppe would fit in real nicely next to that one.... :D
Sean

I keep dropping hints your way about one particular hoppe but I guess you think I want the Barry...Nope - still want that CP under the tree. Maybe this Christmas. And to let you know, I have been much better this year than I was last year.

Myron

OriontheHunter

Dreamin' of Pool Cues
Silver Member
Myron,
Nice looking Searing. Congratulations. I would also like to know how it hits. I need to connect with Mark, but maybe you both want to come up North Saturday night.
Tom

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Schick cue

alpine9430 said:
Thanks!
I am so looking forward to seeing your gem coming from LA.

Myron

I talked to Mr. Schick a couple of days ago and he will be personally delivering the cue to me @ the ICCS Show in Houston on October 18.

Can't wait.

Jimmy

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice cue!!!

i have the cocobola version of this cue, they look identical and i'm sure it plays great..... thanks for sharing it

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J$Cincy said:
i have the cocobola version of this cue, they look identical and i'm sure it plays great..... thanks for sharing it
The work by Dennis in cocobola version must be awesome. Cocobola and Brazilian Rosewood in a hoppe style cue are two other wood versions I love.

Thanks,
Myron

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comments About Play...

I finally managed to get the Searing Cue out of the house for a few games in my local pool establishment. The first thing I noticed as I put the cues together and just practiced my stroke without a cue ball was the balance of the cue with either shaft. The cue appears to be neutrally balance (not heavy in the front or heavy in the butt), with a weight of 19.2 with one shaft and 19.3 with the second shaft (really could not notice a weight difference between the shafts as I warmed up).

The hit of the cue with both shafts are exception. I do believe this Searing cue provides me more feedback over a second Hoppe cue by Dennis that I have. The difference of course is that the recent cue is the piloted SS half joint while first one I have is piloted SS full joint.

After a warm up of about 45 minutes to get the feel of the cue, I played about 4 hours with the piloted SS half joint. Initially, I missing shots that I have made in the past but it was not long before the cue became an extension of my arm. Follows, draws and English required less effort with this cue (this is something that Dennis himself mentioned to me) and the feedback through the entire cue was exceptional. It was like I was playing with a musical instrument that was guiding me all along with each stroke because of the feedback I was getting.

Now I did lend out the cue to one of my playing partners and he tested both the full joint and half joint cues. He loved the feel and the play of this one so much that he is going to concentrate on contacting Dennis and obtaining a cue that plays close to this one. Of course he may be abandoning a search that he had going on, but the BB's have jumped way out of his price range.

This cue is by far one of the best I have ever played with but I still have other master cue makers to test out in the future. For now, I will be playing with this awesome example of classical work by Dennis and hopefully my game will equal the playability of this monster hitter.

Thanks,
Myron

Last edited:

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
i dont think dennis is taking orders. i got my name on his list then he closed it right after so i think its gonna be hard from ur friend to get one from dennis unless he has some lying around which i doubt cuz those would have sold within a minute.

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
Nice pick up myron. Your description of how it plays pretty much echoes my feelings about how mine plays as well. Gotta love the half joint...Unless your name is Cheech or chong:eek: Enjoy.

J.R.

P.S. Nice JP's :D

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getnbzy said:
Nice pick up myron. Your description of how it plays pretty much echoes my feelings about how mine plays as well. Gotta love the half joint...Unless your name is Cheech or chong:eek: Enjoy.

J.R.

P.S. Nice JP's :D
JR

Your cue has always inspired me and I still love the look of the Brazilian Rosewood. But now it is even better with the custom JP's.

TNX!
Myron

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had the Brazilian Rosewood cue for awhile.i had alwasy wanted to try the SS half joint.i didn't like it and sold it a few weeks later.everyone said the half joints were more like flat-faced,but i didn't think so.i had 2 Dennis Searing flat-faced cues that i loved though.