Derby city action

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Not to get specific but looked like there was plenty of action going on last night.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rezin8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russian Kenny lost $12k to Casper yesterday. He was having to play with some dude's pawn shop break cue, which you couldn't hit anything other than center english with. 6 ball ghost, he got the 5. Then he got the 4 and 4 on the wire, race to 13 for $4k and lost that.

All in all, he dumped $12k playing the ghost.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update. Has Gentile been in action? What about the real Russian, Stalev?

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sad!

I can't fathom there not being 20 threads on the action at the Derby! I heard more action talk at the pool room here yesterday....which there was. What the hell has happened? The derby used to have all levels of players lined up at the door to butt heads.

I know I have not been on AZ lately, but is it really getting that bad? Where is Dippy, or Scooter, or Efren giving up 14/2, or some new unknown kid from the south beating everyone?

damn sad times...this must change!

G.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
The Action room has a 10' table, that is hindering a bit of it.

Can anyone give a reason why Diamond is pushing 10' tables other than they wan t to make money selling them. I tried playing on a 10' table and I didn't enjoy it. 9' tables are perfect for me and you wouldn't think an extra foot would make much difference, but it does.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Big Truck's streaming room has a 10 foot table. The regular action room has 9 footers and a bar table.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last few years there has been plenty of action at the derby, but it didn't seem to be getting documented on AZ. I am hoping this is the case again this year.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Can anyone give a reason why Diamond is pushing 10' tables other than they wan t to make money selling them. I tried playing on a 10' table and I didn't enjoy it. 9' tables are perfect for me and you wouldn't think an extra foot would make much difference, but it does.

Yes, it does make a difference...and I'm not sold on it either. Watched Souquet and Shaw play on it yesterday at the DCC and it was a horrible match IMO. Many, many missed balls including "hangers". Shaw threw in the towel and quit early...a bit pathetic.

Contrast this with the next match...Efren v. Feijen. Both of these guys played great.

So its interesting to me. When I saw good/great play on the 10', I enjoyed it about the same as I do watching great pool on a 9' table. But when play goes south on the 10', it was unbearable for me to watch. I left mid match only to come back for the final few racks to witness a visibly rattled Shaw concede. Saw a lot of other folks leave during that match too.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ever since tar stopped covering the dcc i do not remember seeing 1 semi descent action match and the last time i recall tar was @ the derby it was some of the best action that i've ever seen!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ever since tar stopped covering the dcc i do not remember seeing 1 semi descent action match and the last time i recall tar was @ the derby it was some of the best action that i've ever seen!

Best action was at the Executive West in Louisville, as far as I'm concerned. :grin-square:

Rumor has it there was a partner game a few days ago for 4 dimes.

Here's a typical barkfest from the DCC at the old Executive West Inn, which was an every day occurrence. I loved that hotel. Our room even had a rocking chair.

Attachments

• shannonbarking.JPG
    shannonbarking.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,097
Last edited: