Deuel "Excited" About IBSF World Snooker Experience

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The United States National Snooker Champion Corey Deuel says he is "excited" as he prepares for his trip to Latvia to compete in this year's International Billiards & Snooker Federation (IBSF) World Snooker Championships, which get underway on November 27 at the Olympic Center sports complex in the city of Daugavpils.

http://www.snookerusa.com/news/201311251251-deuel-excited-about-ibsf-world-snooker-experience

Corey is such a multi-talented pocket billiards player. I truly believe that Corey can win anything that he puts his mind to. He is, indeed, one of the great ones! :cool:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Corey is such a multi-talented pocket billiards player. I truly believe that Corey can win anything that he puts his mind to. He is, indeed, one of the great ones! :cool:
It was quite a surprise to a lot of people when he won the US National Snooker Championship in Houston this year. It was clear that he did not play "normal" snooker, but he did invent enough shots to win. In particular I remember once when he banked the black three cushions through traffic. It was not the "right" shot but it went in and he controlled the white. I think that was the first snooker tournament he had ever played in.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is cool that he is pursuing this. However, it is sad that he isn't preparing for the Mosconi Cup. He really deserved to be on the team

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is cool that he is pursuing this. However, it is sad that he isn't preparing for the Mosconi Cup. He really deserved to be on the team

I do feel bad that Corey Deuel is not on the team this year, but I think he is young enough and strong enough to get on a few more Mosconi Cups in the future. :wink:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was quite a surprise to a lot of people when he won the US National Snooker Championship in Houston this year. It was clear that he did not play "normal" snooker, but he did invent enough shots to win. In particular I remember once when he banked the black three cushions through traffic. It was not the "right" shot but it went in and he controlled the white. I think that was the first snooker tournament he had ever played in.

That is incredible. How can anybody bank three cushions on a snooker table? :grin-square:

The United States National Snooker Champion Corey Deuel says he is "excited" as he prepares for his trip to Latvia to compete in this year's International Billiards & Snooker Federation (IBSF) World Snooker Championships, which get underway on November 27 at the Olympic Center sports complex in the city of Daugavpils.

http://www.snookerusa.com/news/201311251251-deuel-excited-about-ibsf-world-snooker-experience

Is there any particular reason this was scheduled at the same time as the UK Championships?

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
If Corey wins that, I seriously can't wait to here VoiceOfReason, and patheticshark cry like little *****es about how the field isn't that strong, and amercan player blah blah blah... LOL.

If Corey wins that, I seriously can't wait to here VoiceOfReason, and patheticshark cry like little *****es about how the field isn't that strong, and amercan player blah blah blah... LOL.

Um, you do realise this is...well, I don't know what this is - presumably an amateur event? Not that he'll win anyway but the bigger boys are playing proper, grown-up snooker for men and that at the same time in England, the spiritual home of cue sports. The UK Championships are a slightly bigger draw, with £700k prize money at stake, and £150k ($240k) to the winner.

Incidentally, the 128 open draw format introduced by Hearn this year sees World number two Mark Selby drawn against a 15 year old boy. Were that 15 year old drawn against CD, I have no doubt who would win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/25057223

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe there is an 8 year old in Corys group and lots of young players in the field

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome that Corey is going over to take on snooker world for a change instead of snooker players constantly coming over to shake up pool world (eg. Alison Fisher, Appleton).
Realistically, Corey should be very happy with top 64 finish even though this is amateur tourney. I mean except for the 8 year old in his group all the other guys are not really easy pickings with competition breaks higher than Corey. So really getting out of his group into the knockout stage is an achievement
Prizemoney for winner is peanuts less than $10K so Corey should take this all as practice and learning experience and enjoy himself.
Past winners include well known stars like Jimmy White, Ken Doherty, James Wattan, Maguire.
Efren took up snooker in a short span of time and surprisingly won gold at his first snooker tournament South East Asian Games few decades ago. That like this IBSF World are amateur tourneys. With the mega bucks prizemoney in pro snooker even Efren did not go full time into snooker. Go figure.:grin-square:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
To clarify, IBSF handles the amateur game in snooker. But Amateur in snooker means something different than it does in Pool. Amateur isn't necessarily a skill level designation in snooker. Instead, all players not currently on the World Snooker ranking list are considered "amateurs". Any professional that falls off the tour and is trying to re-qualify will be classified as an Amateur.

The skill level of Amateur competition varies from area to area, but if you look at the results from previous English Amateur tour events, you will see players making regular centuries on championship equipment. A lot of these guys would be classified as pros if they came to North America to compete in pool events. It's just the nature of a 128 man tour and many many more great players out there.

Now, if Corey were to win this you can't take anything away from him. It's going to be a tough field once you get through the group stages, and a lot of great players from the past have won this (Ken Doherty and Jimmy White come to mind). He is definitely the underdog, but I will root for him.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Um, you do realise this is...well, I don't know what this is - presumably an amateur event? Not that he'll win anyway but the bigger boys are playing proper, grown-up snooker for men and that at the same time in England, the spiritual home of cue sports. The UK Championships are a slightly bigger draw, with £700k prize money at stake, and £150k ($240k) to the winner.

Incidentally, the 128 open draw format introduced by Hearn this year sees World number two Mark Selby drawn against a 15 year old boy. Were that 15 year old drawn against CD, I have no doubt who would win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/25057223

You always have some silly remark about how snooker is better, or american's cant play as well as Euro's. If Corey does well in snooker, it would prove you have no idea what you're talking about, and are in fact, just running off at the mouth.

You are, and always will be a barker, not a biter. I remember the thread in which you and V.O.R. were going on and on about how "American can't cue a ball." You didn't even have to stones to back up your loud mouth, and bet $20 on your Euro squad at the Mosconi.

Pathetic is perfect for you. You should make your next screen name Pathetic Troll, or Sad Snookers...

Either way, you've already made your excuses about Corey in that tourney, and he hasn't even won it yet. (I do hope he wins, no matter how bleek it may look. Corey has unreal talent!) I hope Corey catches fire in the snooker world. I'll just giggle every time I hear how well Corey is doing even though he is a lowly pool player...

See ya Pathetic Shark/troll, back on the ignore list until Corey wins this.

Last edited: