DFW Area - Dallas 10Ball Classic - February 28th - $30 Entry

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Captain K. said:
Hey , hope to see you out Saturday, it was good seeing you playing again.
Kennan
Hey thanks Kennan, your a class act. Its good getting out and playing again. I finally started to miss playin. Now that mom is doing better I can focus again and hopefully play better than ever.

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
Ill be coming out to hang out. Not sure if I can make it on time to play. Either way its gonna be a fun day.

ACE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doc, I just talked with you over the phone and wanted to post some of my info. I am Walter Kelley, out of Longview, and listed as an "A-level" player in Robert Tabor's BCA SWEL leagues although I have not played SWEL in over a year. I should see you at your 10-Ball tourny Sat Feb 28 and my mobile number is (903) 445-0278 if you have any questions.

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Night time bump

Howdy players, got in a shipment of new Talisman layered tips and have finally finished, making some milk dud tips, so they will both be on sale.
Talisman are 20 installed and the milkduds are 15 installed
See ya'll on Saturday
Kennan

BigDoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Updated List

1. Frank Cherry
2. Zach Ballas
3. Juan Parra ?
4. Ken Rogoway ?
5. John Fitzgerald
6. Walter Kelly
7. bdr1010
8. Shawn Burns

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

-Doc

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forums back up so here are the results

Some notables did not cash, Tom Smith put out by Corina hill hill I think, Jaun the AZ king Para did not get past the second round, Ken the roguegambler Rogoway,and Shawn Burns.

No offense to anyone's name I left out, i normally post as the tourny goes, but the fourm site was down till this morning

Between cue work and the stream for the OB tour, I had a great time.
Louie Pachea was top dog taking out Jimmy Davis 7-1
3rd went to Anthony

We had a 20 player tough field including the affore mentioned Tom Smith and the always strong Gordy Vanderveer.

Doc ran a smooth tourny as usual, no knife fights or drive byes this month :wink:

Big thanks to Clicks for the added money and Angel for keeping everyone fed and watered :thumbup:

Also good to see Frank Cherry back to form and playing tournys again, he said thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers for his mom, she is doing great.

Thanks again to all in attendace :cool:

Doc would like some input on next months tourny, because up in Sherman there is the Benifit for Tony Sulzar, whether to have an additional benifit for him the same day at Clicks, or all of us caravaning up to Sherman.
Lets us know, I am game for either.

I know we can bring the same support for Tony that we had for Tori :thumbup:

Well off to watch day two of the OB tour

See ya
Kennan

Last edited:

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Any input on next months tournament?

IMHO, you should do a second supporting tourney at Clicks......while it's not a long haul for me to head to Sherman, I would think it would be easier for the Arlington, Dallas, Ft Worth contingent to go to Carrollton.....it seems like with enough promotion and support, you can fill both venues and get more dollars, ultimately getting more donations and doing more good in the end.....my two cents.....count me in either way...

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I do think that Big Perm is right in that you'd probably get more participation with two tournaments, due to people not wanting to drive to Sherman. However, people would have to know beforehand that it's for Tony.

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
I do think that Big Perm is right in that you'd probably get more participation with two tournaments, due to people not wanting to drive to Sherman. However, people would have to know beforehand that it's for Tony.

I agree with Big Perm and Samiel. Tony has a lot of friends in the pool community but I think that more people would be inclined to support this fundraiser by having one that's a little closer to the majority of the players.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Bumpage for the 9-ball mini Wednesday night, see ya there....

Regarding the 28th, it also sounds like we need to get out as many folks as possible to support Tony....along those lines, you might end up turning away more folks with just one venue......although I did not know him, sounds like he was a great guy and I'm guessing there will be many wanting to play in support....how great would it be to have a full 64 at each place....

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fast Eddies Waco

Bumpage for the 9-ball mini Wednesday night, see ya there....

Regarding the 28th, it also sounds like we need to get out as many folks as possible to support Tony....along those lines, you might end up turning away more folks with just one venue......although I did not know him, sounds like he was a great guy and I'm guessing there will be many wanting to play in support....how great would it be to have a full 64 at each place....

Fast Eddies in Waco has agreed to donate 1/2 of ALL green fees from the Scotch tournament on that same day!

Maybe we could raffle some things too!

Ray

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Props to you

Big props to you Doc, for getting all the Dallas tourny players up to the benifit for Tony.
Way to go man
Kennan