Diamond Open - Aiken, SC

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't tell who is shooting. I'm done with Omega. One and done.

1Pfinals.jpg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Looks like they bit off more than they could chew in the scheduling and coordination aspects of this event, but I'll give a thumbs up to them for being so ambitious and for adding as much money to the event as they did. Many kinks to work out for next year, but on the whole, this was a pretty solid event.

August, September and October have presented a unique opportunity for pro players to earn some prize money:

Already completed or in progress
Texas Open 1-pocket
Texas Open 9-ball
Diamond 10-ball
World 10-ball
US Open 9-ball
Michigan Open 10-ball
Omega Diamond 10-ball
Omega Diamond 9-ball
Omega Diamond One Pocket

Coming soon
Aramith/Simonis Classic
Ohio State Championship
American Straight Pool
International 1-pocket
International 9-ball
International Bigfoot 10-ball

Matchroom, CSI, Predator and several others are really making a difference in our sport.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like they bit off more than they could chew in the scheduling and coordination aspects of this event, but I'll give a thumbs up to them for being so ambitious and for adding as much money to the event as they did. Many kinks to work out for next year, but on the whole, this was a pretty solid event.

August, September and October have presented a unique opportunity for pro players to earn some prize money:

Already completed or in progress
Texas Open 1-pocket
Texas Open 9-ball
Diamond 10-ball
World 10-ball
US Open 9-ball
Michigan Open 10-ball
Omega Diamond 10-ball
Omega Diamond 9-ball
Omega Diamond One Pocket

Coming soon
Ohio State Championship
American Straight Pool
International 1-pocket
International 9-ball
International Bigfoot 10-ball

Matchroom, CSI, Predator and several others are really making a difference in our sport.
Aramith/Simonis Classic in Illinois starts Wednesday.

Lot of the top guys are playing in that.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcollo beats Lunda, next up in the finals against Woodward. He's got to double dip him to win.

Secondary table just dead air.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcullo double dips Sky 4-1 both sets to win the one pocket.
Szolnoki won the nine ball. He got the hot seat beating SVB and played Filler in the finals after Filler came all the through the one loss side after losing his very first match.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcullo double dips Sky 4-1 both sets to win the one pocket.
Szolnoki won the nine ball. He got the hot seat beating SVB and played Filler in the finals after Filler came all the through the one loss side after losing his very first match.

quite impressive from a relatively unknown player such as oliver. was the nine ball played on 9ft tables?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Oliver Szolnocki is making a believer out of me. I was among those who wasn't yet convinced of his pedigree after his bronze medal effort at the World Pool Championship, as he wasn't terribly sharp in his win over Shane and didn't show much form in the semifinals, either.

It's starting to look like I am guilty of a rush to judgement. I was there for Oliver's win over JL Chang at the US Open, watching him run some tough racks at the end of the match to secure the victory. His win at the Omega Diamond Open, in which he beat both Shane and Filler to secure the title cannot be taken lightly. The real measure of a player is how he performs in the toughest spots when titles are on the line, and this win was impressive.

I still think it's too early to proclaim him one of pool's most elite, but he's certainly turning some heads. Heaven knows what the future will bring for this youthful Hungarian, but he's starting to look like a first tier pro, one we'll all have to keep an eye on going forward. Wishing him continued success.

Well played!

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried to follow on pay per view. One of two tables had no sound. the one with announcers was so-so. You couldn’t tell who was playing what event or when. I asked and got my money back. Poorly presented. No continuity. The biggest event was outside on the street when a group of degenerate gamblers bet on one of their own could hit a water tower. Kind of tells me a lot about the road players mentality. No wonder ESPN avoids the billiards scene. Not a lot there.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oliver Szolnocki is making a believer out of me. I was among those who wasn't yet convinced of his pedigree after his bronze medal effort at the World Pool Championship, as he wasn't terribly sharp in his win over Shane and didn't show much form in the semifinals, either.

It's starting to look like I am guilty of a rush to judgement. I was there for Oliver's win over JL Chang at the US Open, watching him run some tough racks at the end of the match to secure the victory. His win at the Omega Diamond Open, in which he beat both Shane and Filler to secure the title cannot be taken lightly. The real measure of a player is how he performs in the toughest spots when titles are on the line, and this win was impressive.

I still think it's too early to proclaim him one of pool's most elite, but he's certainly turning some heads. Heaven knows what the future will bring for this youthful Hungarian, but he's starting to look like a first tier pro, one we'll all have to keep an eye on going forward. Wishing him continued success.

Well played!

was this on barboxes? i doubt oliver ever played much on barboxes before

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah the nine ball event was on the bar table. Nine on the spot alternate breaks.

got in confirmed in a live stream just now where they interviewed oliver. it was his first time ever playing on a barbox lol

food for thought for the barbox debaters

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Tried to follow on pay per view. One of two tables had no sound. the one with announcers was so-so. You couldn’t tell who was playing what event or when. I asked and got my money back. Poorly presented. No continuity. The biggest event was outside on the street when a group of degenerate gamblers bet on one of their own could hit a water tower. Kind of tells me a lot about the road players mentality. No wonder ESPN avoids the billiards scene. Not a lot there.
Degenerate gamblers are a problem? Golf and poker are doing well...so degenerate gambling is not the problem.
Maybe pool needs more of it