Diamond Pocket Problems and Black Marks...again

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I had an 8 foot Diamond Pro-Am installed about two months ago. With daily play, I see no marks on the balls at all, Aramith Tournament set-

-dj

71dewajack

Here's an alternative... You could always go back to the old time standby leather conditioners. Used on leather goods such as horse saddles for decades. That would be neat's-foot oil. I use it on my work boots, and all my leather gear. After it dries, or soaks into the leather, there seems to be no residue left behind, but the weather is supple.
You're resourceful, a good guy to have as a neighbor. Now help me unthread my old, rusted galvanized steel sprinkler pipe:)

Gate City

Owner of Gate City Billia
Silver Member
I've had some success using regular Kiwi clear polish. However, you will want to buff it well. Otherwise, the balls will pick up the wax.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an 12 year owner of a Diamond table who has tired the alcohol route followed by neets foot oil, I will say that I am still getting some black marks. Removing the dye with alcohol does help but IMHO the only way to resolve this problem completely is to change the pockets to the synthetic pocket that Diamond offered me when I first complained about this issue years ago.

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an update, Miller (member here and on onepocket.org) suggested that I try Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I did. After covering the pockets in the cleaner and letting it soak in for two nights, I have noticed a reduction in black marks--in frequency and size. I will probably continue with a few more treatments.

I wonder about saddle soap with a little water? Has anyone heard of people trying saddle soap?

I would like to make special mention of Black-Balled and trentfromtoledo who find it amusing to get in this thread about treating Diamond pockets whilst offering only that Black-Balled has a Gold Grown "end post", and trentfromtoledo thinks nothing is better than Black-Balled's comment on AZB. It is comments like what Black-Balled offered and what trentfromtoledo offered that make AZB less than what it otherwise could be.

kollegedave

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yea get rid of backballed and trent. the place will be much better. they both know far to much about pool and also have funny senses of humor.
neither fit in the the small minded poster that only wants to see and hear what he wants.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
As an update, Miller (member here and on onepocket.org) suggested that I try Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I did. After covering the pockets in the cleaner and letting it soak in for two nights, I have noticed a reduction in black marks--in frequency and size. I will probably continue with a few more treatments.

I wonder about saddle soap with a little water? Has anyone heard of people trying saddle soap?

I would like to make special mention of Black-Balled and trentfromtoledo who find it amusing to get in this thread about treating Diamond pockets whilst offering only that Black-Balled has a Gold Grown "end post", and trentfromtoledo thinks nothing is better than Black-Balled's comment on AZB. It is comments like what Black-Balled offered and what trentfromtoledo offered that make AZB less than what it otherwise could be.

kollegedave

A warning, saddle soap isn't a soap or cleaner but a leather conditioner. Use too much or let it soak in too long and you will have limp nasty leather for a long long time. Yeah, I basically ruined a lot of horse tack with it, learned the hard way! Too much saddle soap and you will be replacing pockets.

Hu