Diamond tables in the world market?

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
I've been watching more and more tournaments taking place overseas due to the internet. One thing i've noticed is that I never see Diamond tables being used in any of them. Anyone, possibly those who live overseas, know if Diamond has much of a market in other countries. I truly believe them to be the best tables in the world and would think other countries, especially those who take pool more seriously as a sport, would be falling over trying to get Diamonds in their pool halls. Perhaps the shipping costs are too much. Anyone know?
 
World

beav99_4life said:
I've been watching more and more tournaments taking place overseas due to the internet. One thing i've noticed is that I never see Diamond tables being used in any of them. Anyone, possibly those who live overseas, know if Diamond has much of a market in other countries. I truly believe them to be the best tables in the world and would think other countries, especially those who take pool more seriously as a sport, would be falling over trying to get Diamonds in their pool halls. Perhaps the shipping costs are too much. Anyone know?

There is a major order in the works overseas. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details, but its big!!

Ray
 
I will be working with Glen aka Real King Cobra TODAY and I believe there is going to be a large tournament soon in Italy that they will ship a boat load of Diamonds to. I will try to confirm later. Once there a few overseas besides Solartje's maybe thats a beginning.
 
Bigtruck said:
There is a major order in the works overseas. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details, but its big!!

Ray
I'm glad to hear it. I think Diamond is a great company and makes an amazing product that is the future of billiards, both here in the US and abroad.
 
Diamond tables are quite common in Germany. However, the ProAm-series is not sold outside the US. Since real estate is more limited, people tend to live more in the higher levels of buildings, and the ProAm is not suited for delivery to the 6th floor of a building ;-)

Regards,

Detlev
 
In Europe Dynamic tables are used quite alot they are made in Germany...Dynamic tables are used in eurotour events..they are about ?2000 so roughly $4000 how much are 9ft Diamonds?
 
Seems to me that Gabriels distributes Diamond in Europe and Diamond distributes Gabriels in North America.

But I can't prove that from the websites for Gabriels and Diamond:D
 
Seems to me that every overseas tour event uses the brunswick metro tournament edition. The world cup of pool and i think the world pool championships also. Its a good table.
 
Sometime this year Simmonis is supposed to start carring Diamond Tables in Spain they have an initial order of 200 roughly. I also heard something about the Philipenes also along with a few other area's possibly. This will be a strong record setting year for Diamond if it all goes through as planned.

Craig
 
Back
Top